Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:07 PM #1 of 1323
WTF, son.

I think this is revenge for Sony "ripping off" their controller.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 11:11 PM #2 of 1323
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU MORONS TALKING ABOUT MUSIC WISE.

THIS IS THE GODSEND OF MUSIC. AND THIS WAS BEFORE I FOUND OUT IT WAS COMPOSED BY NOBUO UEMATSU.

ALSO I WANT KINGDOM HEART'S SORA, but even that's looking pretty slim.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:02 AM #3 of 1323
This game is so amazing, I don't give a rat's ass about anything else in E3 anymore.

Also LOL at this paraphrased quote I found at Gamefaqs:

Quote:
Sony: We have an idea to ruin Nintendo's E3! Let's put a shitty implementation of motion-sensing in our Dual-Shock Controller!

Nintendo: LOL We have Snake in SSB.

Sony:... well shit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:12 AM #4 of 1323
I want Sora from Kingdom Hearts, but everyone hates Disney, so he has no chance

His stuff would be awesome. WTFPWNED WITH A KEYBLADE, BITCH.

But as I said before, tricky company license + fanboy hate = not happening.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:24 AM #5 of 1323
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Took of pom's brilliant graphic and made this quick ytmnd. ^_^

http://mariowryyy.ytmnd.com/

EDIT: Fixed with actual WRYYYYYYYYYYYY Sound that I just found out about.
Also failed because I was faster.

http://kirbycooksmario.ytmnd.com

Gamefaqs is now batshit insane with lies, so I'll be taking my Smash discussion elsewhere.

Like here.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 04:28 PM #6 of 1323
For people thinking Megaman would be like Samus:

That might happen. With Samus shedding her armor for this round, a new equivalent might be the one to be replace the old Samus. I predict a few others will be given entirely new movesets and someone new will become similar to their old selves (I'm looking at YOU, Ganondorf and the Fire Emblem characters)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:58 PM #7 of 1323
Originally Posted by J-Man
This is why I don't think Sonic would be very good, and I don't mean to offend by the way, sorry if it came off that way. Anyways, so far the only attacks we have thought of are spinning/ other methods of smashing into things, and kicking. That's what Sonic's good at, but it would be pretty lame in a game like Smash. I guess they could throw him in (they being the mighty powers who make this descision) but he would probably just be unwieldly and chaotic, and suicidal. I forsee bad things for Sonic if he ventures into Smash.

*looks at Captain Falcon*

*points and laughs*

Movepool arguments and size are irrelevant to SSB. Bowser and CF are prime examples.

Out of control speed, I see your point (especially with comps being godly with that type of thing), but lame moves? Come on, you gotta do better than that. Sonic's style of fighting won't be any more out of place than Pika's attacks.

FELIPE NO
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:02 PM #8 of 1323
No new info at the conference.

...Damn you Nintendo. With MP3 delayed I have no reason to get a Wii in 2006.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 09:06 AM #9 of 1323
A recent snippet in EGM claims that a recent interview with Shiggy Miyamoto that the man believes Sonic would be the perfect addition to Brawl.

Take that as any way you wish.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 01:12 PM #10 of 1323
If you think Sonic fails at using fighting moves, I would like to point out Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Battle.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:14 PM #11 of 1323
Doubt March. Diamond/Pearl is likely to come out that month.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:19 PM #12 of 1323
^Once again I point you to Sonic the Fighters/Sonic Battle.

If THAT doesn't convince you Sonic can fight I don't know what will. Characters have gotten better movesets with less (C.Falcon, Fox, etc.)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:17 PM #13 of 1323
Originally Posted by chaofan
Mario and Pokemon are the only series in the game that I'd have trouble including characters from.
In regards to Pokemon, Lucario and Deoxys would like to remedy you of your problems. Lucario's fairly popular, as is Deoxys, and both of them have varied enough movesets to make the cut for Brawl. Also each generation needs at least one represenative. IF they ditch Pichu I'm not sure who's going to represent generation II though...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:42 AM #14 of 1323
The Keyblade must be some form of anal rape the fangirls like to inflict on unsuspecting yaoi couples...

...but that's not even fair. Aside from the Yaoi references KH2 Sora is badass and pimp.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:34 PM #15 of 1323
I like the part where 3 games out of several make a franchise crash. (Yeah, Sonic Next, Heroes, and Riders sucked hard.) Last time I checked 2-D Sonic was never buggy, it has been done masterfully well (minus advance 2, but that's another argument for another day). I also like the part where the Sonic fandom proves its mass stupidity yet again. (Stereotypical 2-D fanboy vs. 3-d Fanboy fight) It's getting to where terrible 2-D fanboy assumptions (like Sonic Adventures killed the Dreamcast) are getting beyond the idiocy of the blind fanboys who praise even the crap Sonic pulls. Sonic Team phails miserably at trying to cater to both sides. (but at least the soundtracks don't disappoint)

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT.

I wonder just how this game is going to "feel". Sakurai mentioned that he wanted the game to be slowed down, and it probably looks like it might be closer to the first Smash. Is that good or bad in your opinion?

How ya doing, buddy?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 05:28 PM #16 of 1323
Because Shadow the Hedgehog didn't exist, and Adventure 1 and 2 were masterpieces? I think two "meh" games followed by four craptacular ones are plenty capable of crashing a franchise.
Yes, Adventure 2 was, but I'm sure the mass suckitude of Heroes made many forget that.

And Shadow was decent. Nowhere near winning any awards mind you, but decent. Too bad that TEH GUNZ YO and his association with Sonic made him hated by sane men and 2-D fanboys alike. Shadow's hate is totally political/cosmetic.

Quote:
I'm hoping it's more like Smash Bros 64, if only because it might lead to a bit more balance. Of course, balance depends almost entirely on the characters themselves, but in Melee, some characters were able to take more advantage of the game's higher speed than others. I also seem to remember SB64 being less exploitable, but that probably had little to do with the game's speed.
I remember many complaining about spikes, and in Melee, Ness and Kirby (and Pikachu to an extent) got nerfed.

Then again Smash elite love Melee's speed and rag on the original's slowness. I imagine even if Brawl is excellent (and why wouldn't it be, aside from the obvious potential of mistakes?) it's going to get hit with heavy backlash from Melee veterans.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:58 PM #17 of 1323
Reiteration: Sonic can go choke on dick.
Something tells me even if 3-D Sonic didn't suck you'd still try to have him burned at the stake. Fucking tragic IMF

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:43 PM #18 of 1323
Geez, the lack of updates on the Brawl zone are enough to drive me mad D:

And thinking about it... Melee had a lot of previews and stuff before it came out... I wonder why they're being so secretive this time around?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl