Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2010, 03:49 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2010, 05:49 PM #1 of 1108
This may not have been mentioned and have since lost the thread where it is mentioned, but can be found out pretty easily.

Essentially during the "Red Vs Blue Deja View" video, it shows part of Blood Gulch that has a large steel wall. After a minute or two another view is shown of that same location but that "Wall" is missing. Since then there has been some speculation on the Bungie.net forums that the new "Blood Gulch" level may available as an "Invasion" gamemode. I'll see if I can't piece together some images from the video or find the thread.

EDIT: I have gone through the video and compiled a few photos marked with the applicable identifiers.

Image 1: Picture of the wall.
Image 2: Picture of the wall from another angle.
Image 3: No Wall.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:09 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2010, 11:09 PM #2 of 1108
I need to stop goofing and actually put in for the week. I'll do it tonight~

Anybody else going to do the midnight launch thing (assuming they do one which they have no reason to not to) or will I be alone in that regard? One of my favorite things about the H3 launch was coming back home and seeing like 30 dudes on my list playing and hopping into campaign with different people as the morning went on.

YOU'RE GONNA BE THERE RIGHT SHAKE

RIGHT
Oh man. Most definitely going to the midnight release. Already have the next two days booked off work. I plan to come home, and be playing the game into the veeeeery early morning the first night.

Most amazing jew boots
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:56 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2010, 01:56 PM #3 of 1108
Quite an awesome trailer launched today on the Bungie website showing a few shots from the Campaign. It can be viewed/downloaded from the Bungie website located here.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:36 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 02:36 PM #4 of 1108
If anyone is interested, IGN just dropped two new articles on Halo: Reach yesterday, as well as a plethora of new pictures. One actually detailing what looks like a Helmet that has not been previously shown.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:13 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2010, 01:13 AM #5 of 1108
Unfortunately, I won't be able to confirm this for awhile, if at all, but this may actually be a pretty cool spoiler.

I'll be putting this within a spoiler box, since it does seem pretty big, at least to me.

Spoiler:

Frigate/Capital Ship battles may be within Reach, as I've just gotten a hold of this image.

Though, this makes me wonder. Did they specifically say, "Space Combat" wouldn't be available in Multiplayer, or did they say, "DogFighting" is not in multiplayer? Maybe multiplayer is just a Frigate battle.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:09 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2010, 12:09 PM #6 of 1108
I'm confused; why couldn't that image just be from the single-player level they've shown? Or am I missing something obvious?
Yeah, it could just be from a Single Player map, the Multiplayer mention was just simply because there was some "Alleged" information that was supposedly "Leaked" that one of the new gamemodes could be something like that. Though that information is most likely false, just hopes and dreams.

EDIT:

Found this on the Bungie.net Forums. It's a nice compilation of all the currently known(Possibly all) Helmets available within Halo: Reach. Going to put it within a Spoiler tag just so it'll keep everything uniform if not opened.

Spoiler:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:09 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2010, 10:09 AM #7 of 1108
New ViDoc trailer just launched at Bungie.net labeled "A Spartan Will Rise".

It can be located here

EDIT: Hahaha, wow, I posted last, so it's my Dupe. Whoops!

FELIPE NO
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:34 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2010, 08:34 PM #8 of 1108
I'm still not even sure where that whole video comes into play. There's a lot of talk within the video that makes it seem as though Dr. Halsey is talking before the Fall of Reach, but when it shows her, she's looking at a data screen that clearly displays Noble team and has "Emile" and "Kat" marked as "MIA" which would lend toward it being afterwards or possibly closer to the end of the game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2010, 01:29 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2010, 03:29 AM #9 of 1108
Personally, the only one I'd think would even remotely be possible to shoehorn in would be Sgt. Johnson. It'd be a tight fit, but it is possible that he could appear within the game.

Though, I love that they've officially confirmed at Gamescom that Buck(Nathan Fillion) will make an appearance in the game. To me, that's worth ten times more than if they were to throw Chief, Cortana or Johnson in there.

Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:56 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2010, 12:56 PM #10 of 1108
Thanks for putting in the spoiler tags there guys. I for one don't want to have the ending ruined/told to me. I'd prefer to see it myself.

Though, it's kinda sad but expected that people were able to grab the game and post all the ending stuff. Though, I would have expected it being leaked from the factory this time instead of from online.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:28 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 04:28 PM #11 of 1108
Alright then, this is the thing that I was interested in seeing. Some of the users who have gotten the game have also fully unlocked their armory.

A user has posted a "Tour" video of the entire unlocked armory located here. While some options there are millions of, I was kinda disappointed to see that there wasn't more of some options.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:27 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2010, 03:27 PM #12 of 1108
Expanding on the "Playlists" thing. I've never really found it a bit deal. I do remember sometimes in Halo 3 where the wait times were pretty horrendous, but all I really care about is if I can find three game types fairly easily.

1. Big Team Battle(Biggest teams)
2. Social Slayer
3. Lonewolf Slayer.

I don't think I played very much playlists other than those in Halo 3, but I will be enjoying myself quite a bit of "Invasion".

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:34 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2010, 09:34 PM #13 of 1108
Nice. Not the biggest news or anything, but in the GTTV show(hosted on Gametrailers) it was confirmed that users are able to customize their Spartan with a robotic arm, just like Kat.

No mention if it's limited to the right arm, or also possible for the left arm or maybe both arms at once.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2010, 06:57 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2010, 08:57 PM #14 of 1108
I guess not necessarily better, since I was never much a fan of UT or Quake, just why does it have this massive following when the other games seem to only get a fraction of the attention.

Like, I had figured it would be somewhat similar to that UT2k3 (or was it 2k4, I forget) that had vehicles and control points, except with CTF, team deathmatch, etc.
I think it's mainly due to a few things.
  • The mainstream market is more apt to already own an Xbox over a decent PC.
  • It's more acceptable to sit in front of a gaming system than a computer for an extended period of time.
  • Easier to pick up a controller and play than it is to take a keyboard and mouse and figure out it's controls.
  • Controls are half decent.

Just my opinion really, I could be completely off base with those assumptions. Maybe it's just me but I really enjoy the overall story within the Halo series the multiplayer is sort of a second though to me.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2010, 09:46 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2010, 11:46 AM #15 of 1108
Fuck, I wish.

Thanks for the correction Shake, I'll fix that shortly. Also I've been replaying Halo CE, and while I still stand by my easy to get back in the saddle statement for multiplayer (as I've done so a few times this year), maybe not so much for Campaign as I am sucking ass right now in CE.
I noticed that too with Halo: CE. Specifically when moving from Halo 3 to Halo: CE I've had my ass handed to me. The original feels way more goddamn hard than 3.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2010, 06:25 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2010, 08:25 PM #16 of 1108
If anyone is interested, I happened upon some pictures of the Kat model wearing the suit today.

Wearing the Helmet
Spoiler:

Not wearing the Helmet
Spoiler:

A friend of mine showed me her Myspace earlier today as well, where these pictures are also located(Don't currently have the link to it), but supposedly she's a known gamer, something like "something Giggles" can't quite remember.

From pictures of scoreboards she's an avid gamer and can achieve scores in games like Modern Combat that I can't touch.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:04 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2010, 01:04 AM #17 of 1108
I'm pretty much with everyone here with, "Fuck SWAT/Snipers on BTB", whoever thought that these were good gamemodes to put into the game deserve a swift kick in the nuts.

Aside from that, I've really enjoyed the game overall. Even though it takes quite a break from the continuity of the books(Halo: Fall of Reach), it still ends up being quite a ride. It almost feels like Halsey's journal is meant to semi-repair/flesh out the continuity the game breaks, even if they are minor patches.

Spoiler:
Also, "Lone Wolf" was beautiful. Probably the best way to end the game. I was thinking they'd leave some sort of cliff hanger where your character got away, but they summed it up very nicely.

Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2010, 08:24 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2010, 10:24 AM #18 of 1108
Awesome, apparently it is literally impossible to complete one of the Daily Challenges today :lol

This will be the first one since launch that I don't do.

Which is probably for the best.

The Firefight ones? Like complete an entire round on Firefight without dying? It's pretty easy actually.

You can do it on the Outpost level that it gives you(I completed all but the 400 one in one game).

Specifically, there's a building in the center of the map that has a stairway to the roof(Human building, not covenant). Choose jetpack and sit at the top of that stairwell. If you need to hide you move a couple of inchs/feet to the right, if you need to get ammo you just jump to the left and down to the ammo crate beneath you.

The Challenges today(Friday) are the ones that I'll most likely not get. 30 Assists will take forever, and two killing sprees in Multiplayer will be pretty rough for me(PS - I'm not that good).

EDIT: Realized there was another page beyond the comments that I was replying to, adding the Quotes. Also, this was done using Gruntpocolypse of course.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF