Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:40 PM #1 of 342
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

The game is due out in a couple weeks, in both a regular and limited edition. The LE has a ridiculous amount of extras that more than justifies a second purchase.

http://metalgear.neoseeker.com/metal...nce_features_/

And reserving will net you Metal Gear Saga, a DVD that features cutscenes from all the MGS games, as a sort of movie summary.

I reserved the LE last week, but I was told that I wouldn't receive the Metal Gear Saga disc until the game comes out. Gamestop says they now have a policy of not giving out preorder bonuses before the game is out, as they claim customers would cancel their reserves after obtaining the free bonus. It makes sense, but it also sucks. I just hope they don't forget to include it when I purchase the LE.

So who's looking forward to this? What kind of name are you planning to use for the online game? I want to use something Kojima related, but I'm sure most of the MGS names and terms will be snatched up quickly. That said, I do have a clever name in mind, but I won't reveal it until the game is out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:02 PM #2 of 342
lol, you mispelled Subsistence. As for the LE, according to my local EB games they only had the regular edition listed, so I couldn't pre-order that. However, on their website they've listed the contents of the LE's third disc as being apart of the RE (the "Demo Theater Mode - Watch All In-Game Movies from MGS3 similar to a theatrical movie." is what's on the third disc, Existence).

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259834.asp

Anyway, right now I'm hoping just that when it comes time to pick up my copy that I'll be able to switch to the LE (assuming that they have any left). Otherwise, it looks like I'll be shopping around town for a copy.

BTW, seeing as how this is still a PS2 only game, shouldn't this be in the Sony forums?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Hantei; Mar 2, 2006 at 09:18 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:11 PM #3 of 342
Quote:
lol, you mispelled Subsistence.
Oh well, it's a dumb name anyway. ><

Quote:
Anyway, right now I'm hoping just that when it comes time to pick up my copy that I'll be able to switch to the LE (assuming that they have any left). Otherwise, it looks like I'll be shopping around town for a copy.
I worried about that when I went to pre-order the game, but they asked if I wanted to reserve the standard or limited edition. I was glad I didn't have to tell them of the LE's existence.

Quote:
BTW, seeing as how this is still a PS2 only game, shouldn't this be in the Sony forums?
I thought about that, but the series hasn't been completely PS2 exclusive. I don't think it matters either way, but if the mods want to move it, so bet it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:51 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:51 PM #4 of 342
I just picked up my copy of Saga. Pretty damn interesting too, especially what Kojima has to say about The Boss.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:53 AM #5 of 342
I reserved my copy of the LE at the beginning of the month at GameStop.com. I know some people are picking up their Saga DVDs from GameStop and EBgames stores and preorders stopped for the LE version about a week ago.

Apparently preorders for the regular edition are coming to a halt now too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:41 AM #6 of 342
And that's what bugs me. They aren't enforcing that stupid rule hard enough. I worry that by the time I get the game, I'll get a stupid reply like "oops, sorry we're out of the Saga DVD, you should have checked with us earlier". They promise I'll get one with the game, but maybe I should go check...

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:57 AM #7 of 342
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
And that's what bugs me. They aren't enforcing that stupid rule hard enough. I worry that by the time I get the game, I'll get a stupid reply like "oops, sorry we're out of the Saga DVD, you should have checked with us earlier". They promise I'll get one with the game, but maybe I should go check...
The whole "No bonus before game release" could just be a local store enforcing that rule and not the actual instructions of the nationwide company.

Your best bet is to stop by there as soon as you can and enquire about it since various people from East to West coast have been picking up their copies of Saga.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:59 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:59 PM #8 of 342
Moved and fixed. Carry on.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:22 AM #9 of 342
Ok, im a little confused about the limited edition. The website shows a limited edition with a red cover: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_su...ica/index.html

And the gamestop website even had it up, but now its gone. Now theres only one version with a "bonus disc offer" if preordred. So is the extra disc the same disc that the bonus offer is refering to?

Most amazing jew boots
Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:30 PM #10 of 342
I totally forgot that this would include the original versions of Metal Gear. Guess I'll pre-order it after all.

I am also curious about the red cover edition. Again, it's stupid as hell how the game is limited in two regards. They just should have kept the third disc as part of the regular release. I don't want to order the game, only to get the crappy bonus interview disc that holds no meaning, and not the movie disc.

How ya doing, buddy?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:35 PM #11 of 342
Basically, they stopped taking pre-orders for the LE version at most places.

It really is "limited" now.

In other news, I pre-ordered the LE before the cut-off and picked up my Saga disc yesterday.

Most amazing jew boots
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:42 PM #12 of 342
Oh, so it's impossible to get the movie disc now, right.

That's ok, I'll just download it. Konami just saved me money.

Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:26 AM #13 of 342
Ok I just picked up the disc too. Its cool, but youre not missing much. Its a regular DVD, so a rip will show up soon I imagine. Its basically a little overview of the whole series with Hideo Kojima giving a couple of insights about how the game was made and such. Some E3 trailers as well. Again, probably not much here a Metal Gear fan doesnt already know.

*btw, im referring to the "bonus pre-order disc"*

Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"

Last edited by Cat9; Mar 3, 2006 at 02:30 PM.
LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:26 PM #14 of 342
Oh well I'll probably get the bonus pre-order disk off of ebay.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 05:27 PM #15 of 342
Yup, I tried warning of this with the opening of the temporary forums, but I don't think many got the message. The Limited Edition with the red box is essentially the one that will be most rare, and include the Existance disk. It looks like ebgames.com and gamestop.com stopped taking pre-orders for the LE on or around 2-19... Hope for eBay for those who can't preorder...

How ya doing, buddy?
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:37 AM #16 of 342
I've been hearing from random people that none of the LE are being shipped to any EBs in Canada, but Hantei makes it sound like he could get one. I didn't take the risk and got my fiancee in NY to preorder it for me, actually just did it the other day, got the last preorder, and they gave her the DVD right then and there, so that's good stuff.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:20 AM #17 of 342
Originally Posted by Godai
I've been hearing from random people that none of the LE are being shipped to any EBs in Canada, but Hantei makes it sound like he could get one. I didn't take the risk and got my fiancee in NY to preorder it for me, actually just did it the other day, got the last preorder, and they gave her the DVD right then and there, so that's good stuff.
Whoa, I was under the assumption we'd be getting the LE as well. But if what you said is true then that could probably be why they didn't have it listed on their computers...

In anycase, I made a pre-order of the LE with Play-Asia about a week ago. Just a backup plan incase I couldn't find it at Wal-Mart, or some other department store, and incase EB didn't have enough for me to upgrade.

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:06 AM #18 of 342
Originally Posted by Hantei
Whoa, I was under the assumption we'd be getting the LE as well. But if what you said is true then that could probably be why they didn't have it listed on their computers...

In anycase, I made a pre-order of the LE with Play-Asia about a week ago. Just a backup plan incase I couldn't find it at Wal-Mart, or some other department store, and incase EB didn't have enough for me to upgrade.
Yeah Canada, at least EB stores, won't be carrying the LE version unfortunately. Here most EBgames and GameStop stores have already stopped taking preorders for not only the LE version but also the regular edition too.

Meanwhile the US Subsistence website updated:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_su...ica/index.html

LE packaging:

How ya doing, buddy?
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:49 AM #19 of 342
That red cover makes me hope it's a cardboard box outer with the regular edition box on the inside.

Oh well, if it bothers me that much, there's always the bargain bin months down the line.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:56 AM #20 of 342
Originally Posted by Simo
Yeah Canada, at least EB stores, won't be carrying the LE version unfortunately. Here most EBgames and GameStop stores have already stopped taking preorders for not only the LE version but also the regular edition too.

Meanwhile the US Subsistence website updated:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_su...ica/index.html

LE packaging:
Damn, well at least I know now, I'll still check Wal-Mart just incase. In anycase, glad I made an order with Play-Asia. Guess I'll stop by later in the week to pick up the pre-order bonus and cancel the pre-order itself.

Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:29 AM #21 of 342
Hey Hantei, out of curiousity, where in Canada do you live?

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:33 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:33 AM #22 of 342
Western part of it, in Calgary, Alberta.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:16 PM #23 of 342
So the limited edition is the red box there is no other color for the LE? I got mine pre orderd last month and picked up my bonus dvd from Gamestop over the weekend. It's really cool although we know most of the stuff they say its just fun watching anything Metal Gear related =]

FELIPE NO
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:48 PM #24 of 342
I wanted to pick up that Saga DVD, but my local EB games didn't get it. Apparently, they don't get many preorder incentives. I knew it wasn't much, but the documentary style of the DVD made it seem cooler than it really was.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:08 PM #25 of 342
Originally Posted by Taterdemalion
I wanted to pick up that Saga DVD, but my local EB games didn't get it. Apparently, they don't get many preorder incentives. I knew it wasn't much, but the documentary style of the DVD made it seem cooler than it really was.
The Saga DVD is quite good for MG fans, and for a free bonus anyways. Kojima discusses the Metal Gear series and talks about dropped concepts and whatnot including this little bit about what would of been the final fight with The Boss...

Kojima also talks about MGS4 which will address and provide answers for...
Spoiler:
Vamp's immortality, The Patriots, Olga's baby, and Liquid's arm controlling Ocelot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Simo; Mar 6, 2006 at 06:14 PM.

Tags
best majym, links zuppd

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence