Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:36 AM #151 of 410
Most of this was great. I only have one problem. If they were able to use infrared on a building earlier, why not use it on the house?

Also, CTU will be needed many new field agents when this season is over. I doubt they have many left.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:33 AM #152 of 410
Also, CTU will be needed many new field agents when this season is over. I doubt they have many left.
They didn't have many agents left after the gas attack on CTU last season. After all this, CTU agents ought to get hazard pay just like civilians working in Iraq; seems like no matter where they are, the terrorists always kill most of them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:05 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 01:05 PM #153 of 410
Wasn't it the double Bauer hour last season where that gas attack happened? In that case, we remember Edgar. One year ago (our time, kinda), you died. RIP.

On unrelated notes, gotta mention...

Graem Bauer will carry on the Bauer legacy. He will rise from the dead.

Also, still waiting on Heller to make his appearance. =p

Jam it back in, in the dark.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:22 PM #154 of 410
Upon further thinking, I've come to the conclusion that they should've waited a week to do the two-hour special. It just seems like the flow between the last episode and the upcoming one is better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:43 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 02:43 PM #155 of 410
Upon further thinking, I've come to the conclusion that they should've waited a week to do the two-hour special. It just seems like the flow between the last episode and the upcoming one is better.
I can agree with that. They were both good episodes, but there wasn't really anything about them that connected them too well beyond the typical show plots. They kind of did the same thing last year too. It would have been perfect if they showed the gas attack being carried out, and then them trying to stop it. I guess they wanted to end on something big though, which was Edgar's death.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:51 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 03:51 PM #156 of 410
Edgar's death didn't upset me. REALLY! =( Did it bum everyone else out real bad? 'Cuz his power-tripping bugged the hell outta me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:18 PM #157 of 410
Most of this was great. I only have one problem. If they were able to use infrared on a building earlier, why not use it on the house?
My guess would be that it would have taken to long to redirect the sat. to scan it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mithrandir
Hot Tamale

Member 1121

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:47 PM #158 of 410
Yeah, yesterday episodes were ok. Nothing too awesome which would be the greatest story punch ever.

I still think though that:

Spoiler:
Tom is not as evil as he may seem. I'm sure he will not betray the president and join with the bad guys. The vicepresident is involved is you ask me though.

I just can't wait to know why Bauer's dad is implicated in the plot. I just want that mystery to be resolved.

As for Kim Jr. -> good one , best 24 joke I heard this year.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Not six....more like half a dozen...
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:18 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 12:18 AM #159 of 410
man promo for next episode looks awesome!!

Damnit LOL has anyone seen this http://www.shoutfile.com/v/xrfEukeT/...auer_-_Damn_It

Most amazing jew boots

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Feb 14, 2007 at 04:25 PM.
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:16 PM #160 of 410
No comments yet? That was... pretty amazing.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:18 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 10:18 PM #161 of 410
Quite a nice episode =D Must say that I REALLY didn't see the last part of the episode coming (with former prez being the man Jack is to go to). I figured Lennox would have second-thoughts, just from how unsure he was about the whole situation. I'm guessing Fayed will be on the backburner for a while, though. Gridenko is numero uno for now. Fayed will probably be the bad guy again for the last half of the season.

Wonder if he's the dude behind Wayne Palmer's assassination attempt?

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:25 PM #162 of 410
Fayed will probably be the bad guy again for the last half of the season.

Wonder if he's the dude behind Wayne Palmer's assassination attempt?
How do you figure that? It just.. doesn't compute.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:47 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 10:47 PM #163 of 410
This show never has all the cards on the table =p Anyhow, it's just a hunch.

And 24 has a habit of dividing bad guys in two groups. One in the first half of the season, the latter bad guys in the last half.

I'm sure they'll find Gridenko, but Fayed will probably have all the nukes by then and they'll need to track him down just before he uses them.

Just guessing, since the show is a bit formulaic.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:55 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 08:55 PM #164 of 410
Just stop wondering. Save yourself a headache: just make a bet, sit back, and watch.

Anyway, didn't see that end coming at all, though I was hoping for the third rising from the dead of Jack Bauer, this time from a bullet wound to the back of the head. Oh, well.

waka waka

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:17 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 10:17 PM #165 of 410
Pretty alright episode, though I have to admit, I'm getting kinda tired of the whole family angle now. It worked with Graem (I guess because of his connection with last season), but everyone else (Phillip, Marilyn, Josh) just seems to drag it out for no reason.

Logan coming back is awesome. Not that the people they have now aren't good, but 24 always makes returning characters seem even more awesome, regardless of whether they're good or bad. I can't wait to see what he brings to the story.

And sorry, but there's basically nothing they can do to make me feel sorry for Lennox. Eh, so he's not working with the people trying to get rid of the President. So what? He's such a fucking prick that I don't care, and honestly, he should have tried to do something earlier to stop them (he's not exactly an undecover agent, so he shouldn't even have tried to string those guys along). Hopefully we'll be able to say good riddance to him soon.

And what's with CTU this season? In seasons past, you could argue that it was the center point of the show, but now it's just there to provide artificial drama. Chloe is in like every freaking scene now (I like the character, but she's better in small doses rather than large chunks; and she's not even as quirky anymore, anyway), Nadia is severely underused (seriously, from the first few episodes, I thought she was a really important person at CTU, but now it's hard to even remember she's there unless she's in a scene), and Morris is just fucking annoying, now as depressed loser rather than the jealous lover of earlier this season. Buchanan is alright, though he too is a little underused. Milo is really the only interesting character there right now, so I hope they give him some more focus.

But I'm probably being a little too harsh. Anyway, next week looks like it'll be good, especially the stuff with Palmer and Logan.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:21 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 11:21 PM #166 of 410
Stop wondering? Then what's the point of this thread? =P

Less Morris, more Milo I say. I guess he won't go out in the field again, so rats :O I don't like how CTU has been worthless lately, though. Alternate leads aren't being used, and the storyline with Wayne seems to be slowly ongoing.

Jack's old man will probably crop up again later. Wonder what his aim was, though...

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:25 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 09:25 PM #167 of 410
Stop wondering? Then what's the point of this thread? =P
Shock and awe. For example: HOLY SHIT!

Oh, and awesome quoting: "Drop your weapon, or I will use mine!"

Or Jack's tutorial on how to use a gun: "You know how to use it? Point and shoot."

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:26 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 02:26 AM #168 of 410
Great ep, but that really got me to Naz. What kind of line writing was that? At least say take the safety off or something lol.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:55 AM #169 of 410
I dunno, I thought last night's episode was pretty weak.
I also don't like the whole family dilemma but they got rid of it by bringing Logan back. I thought that was pretty dumb.
The only thing that got me excited was the twist on Tom. They lead you to believe he really would turn against the president since episode 1 but then he goes and contact SS and BAM that guy knocks him out. That scene just completely reversed my thoughts on Tom. I'm pretty sure that's what the producers wanted the audience to think too.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:03 AM #170 of 410
Pretty alright episode, though I have to admit, I'm getting kinda tired of the whole family angle now. It worked with Graem (I guess because of his connection with last season), but everyone else (Phillip, Marilyn, Josh) just seems to drag it out for no reason.
Now do you see why I disliked the episode everyone thought was great a few weeks ago? I knew this family connection would just lead to a divergent plot. There was absolutely no need for it.

I don't like that we don't get an explanation for Phil's departure nor his connection to Logan. Perhaps the latter comes next week along with Logan's connection to Gridenko.

This episode was a little disappointing, but not bad.

Most amazing jew boots
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:55 AM #171 of 410
I don't like that we don't get an explanation for Phil's departure nor his connection to Logan. Perhaps the latter comes next week along with Logan's connection to Gridenko.
Phil's connection to Logan was spelled out last season, when Logan was taking orders from Graem. I'm more surprised that Logan managed to escape prison, unless he got a pardon from Wayne.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:56 AM #172 of 410
I can offer a pretty reasonable explanation for Jack's dad leaving.

Don't forget what he's touted all along. "He's a patriot". He's no different than the terrorists, it's just that he's backing the US. He probably realized that he's lost all of his power. His comany is a government target, so any of his would-be contacts probably view him as radioactive. Whether he likes his son's choices, methods, or association with the government he's smart enough to know that Jack has a better chance of stopping the crisis than he does. Think about it. What does he have to gain by killing Jack? Jack's potiential to stop the bombs is worth many many times more than his revenge, or other retalitory emotion. Furthermore, he can still use what little resources he has with or without killing Jack. His death just wasn't necessary.

Lastly, I don't understand the bitching about the family angle. Most of the past 24 episodes have Jack behaving like little more than a sentinel. While I certainly don't want a soap opera I don't see what's wrong with bringing a little humanity to the main character. Perhaps the word "humanity" isn't the precise word, but all action isn't a good thing either. It's good to see internal conflict, and friction which can't be quelled by gunshots. Each season may only be a day, but it's a little cold to have a recourring characher with 0 back story.

Shanks
Syklis Green

Member 18575

Level 8.62

Jan 2007

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:12 AM #173 of 410

Last edited by Shanks; Sep 2, 2008 at 11:34 AM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:53 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 10:53 AM #174 of 410
I doubt Logan was jailed per se. He had the book thrown at him in private, but if his connection to the shitstorm in S5 got out, the presidency would've been ruined. It could've been done behind closed doors and the public was exposed to some bogus story. Or maybe he stepped down due to stress, supposedly.

He probably is moreso under house arrest of sorts, presently. But I could very well be wrong. You'll notice, though, that Jack's response to him wasn't along the lines of "why aren't you still in jail".

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:59 AM #175 of 410
Wasn't Logan arrested during a press conference? That precludes him from just resigning due to stress. I'm sure they were able to cover up some of his involvement in S5, but there must have been some public punishment.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread