Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] E3 Nintendo Conference
Closed Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:49 PM #1 of 53
Cool E3 Nintendo Conference

The Nintendo E3 Conference just ended. And hopefully most of you all just finished watching it live from Gamespot, IGN, or Kotaku and just got a wonderful blast of videogame news and revelations. This thread is for the discussion of things that occurred during the conference. Yes, you may go and create a thread for Wii Fit and other games showed in the conference (that don't already have threads) and you may talk about these in the Official Wii thread (once I've made it)

So how about that! 3 new Wii devices. A balance unit for Wii Fit that opens up a whole mess of possibilities. The Wii Zapper has gone from a shotgun design to a shell for your Wii Controller and Nunchuk which is genius. I honestly think it should only cost 10 bucks but I'll still buy a second one for 20. And I wonder how the wheel for Mario Kart will be different from that attachment that Ubisoft made. I'm really liking what Nintendo is doing to expand the Wii.

The dates for games are great as well. We're going to finally be getting the games we were promised and more come this final quarter. Blow off the dust on your Wii.

I didn't like the bit that Reggie did about Nintendo not being serious about online gaming though. He didn't address the chief complaint which is Friend Codes. People don't like them. I was really really really hoping for a Friends Channel or something to address this. The download and show off your Miis channel is nice and I'll use it but the Friend Codes issue is still here. Online still isn't as solid AS IT SHOULD BE, Reggie.

So other than that, this was a rather solid conference. I hope you all got a lot out of it. Discuss away! =D

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:51 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:51 PM #2 of 53
No one is going to write anything until you provide direct downloads to the hi-res video

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:52 PM #3 of 53
Yes, I will be looking for that. I want it. Badly.

In the meantime I will look for some links and play-by-play write ups.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:59 PM #4 of 53
Super Smash Bros. Brawl on December 3rd!

Mario Kart Wii announced with a wheel and online for Q1 2008!

Wii Zapper for $19.99!

Good shit.

Play-by-Play writeup by Engadget.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request

Last edited by Omnislash124; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:02 PM.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:00 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:00 PM #5 of 53
Their presentation was extremely disappointing. The whole show can basically be summed up by "Look at these NPD numbers, we're on top! Oh and look, we have tons and tons of new non-games to go along with useless equipment for you to buy so we can remain on top!"

They didn't announce a single new game except for Mario Kart Wii. Why did they even bother wasting two and a half minutes for Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Rock; Jul 11, 2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:01 PM #6 of 53
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:06 PM #7 of 53
It was a bit disappointing compared to it's E3 presentation before the Wii launched. But it had it's share of moments. SSBB release date for one.

But yeah, too many statistics.

Most amazing jew boots

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:07 PM #8 of 53
Rock, I agree that they were spouting lots of NPD etc. nonsense but they did a nice enough job keeping me entertained through that. Youtube video and media scrounging was pretty lol. Anyway the big new game that we had an idea about was Wii Fit. We all expected Mario Kart. It's good they're putting a nice focus over-all on it being online but if it's Friend Codes it's gonna lose some points. As much as I like facing random people the snakers and drop-outs for the DS game really ruined it for me. But yes Wii Fit is pretty exciting. That balance device is going to be a crazy hit mainstream and the off-shoot games that could use it is making my imagination go nuts! We also didn't know about the Zapper being used in Umbrella Chronicles. I think that's pretty awesome and I really look forward to it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:12 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:12 PM #9 of 53
Very disappointing presentation for anyone who isn't already a Nintendo fanboy. I do have to admit though, Wii Fit is probably going to be a big sales hit in the housewives crowd that's a major Nintendo target audience nowadays.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:17 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:17 PM #10 of 53
I just don't like this "new" Nintendo at all. I was expecting games, not 20 minutes worth of NPD talk (I go to NeoGAF for that), weird controllers and fitness trainers for soccer moms.

Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:21 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 07:21 PM #11 of 53
That was boring and disappointing as hell. They seem to have forgot somehow that E3 is watched by the hardcore gamers, not the blue ocean retards.
I'm not even interested in Wii Shit. Nintendo promised to do more for their fans and they didn't deliver. I don't want three fucking useless peripherals that take up space in my home and that I'll need for a new non-game.

Here's hoping Sony blows the Nintendo booth.

Anyone else noticed how Sony and Nintendo switched places this console generation?

Most amazing jew boots
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:27 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:27 PM #12 of 53
Nintendo loses E3 confirmed. Sony already owns both them and Microsoft with Killzone 2 alone and their presentation hasn't even begun. MGS4 also comin liek wut. This is madness.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:30 PM #13 of 53
The Revolutionary Wii Zapper!

Aside from all the bad puns and annoying presentation this could really bring a cool arcade feel to the home but honestly now, how many games will actually make this work so that it won't just leave you with an annoying extra peripheral collecting dust.

New Record!
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:32 PM #14 of 53
MGS4 also comin liek wut. This is madness.
GIANT ENEMY COW-GEAR

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 01:55 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 06:55 PM #15 of 53
I just don't like this "new" Nintendo at all. I was expecting games, not 20 minutes worth of NPD talk (I go to NeoGAF for that), weird controllers and fitness trainers for soccer moms.
For the first time in god knows how long they actually have sales numbers to boast about.

And yes, I'm a little disappointed - It wasn't the wow-fest last year's conference was, but the tidbits we were treated to certainly were neat.

FELIPE NO
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:01 PM #16 of 53
It wasn't that bad when I first saw it, but compared to Sony's (which is going on now)....eh, I wish they had a few more games. Most of the information given at the conference was....well, a given. It was expected, but there wern't too many surprises to speak of. The Zapper redesign looks spiffy, but as Shenlon said before, hopefully games will actually use it, or it may go the way of the DK Bongos.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Anime FTP
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:58 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 12:58 PM #17 of 53
Does the zapper remind anyone else of the one form you could have the Menacer take (without the (lol) scope)?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:59 PM #18 of 53
GHOST SQUAD!!!!!!!! are you fucking kidding me?

Hell, me and my brother just beat that at the arcade today, HOLY SHIT.
Last time the first, time we played we killed all the mother fucking hostages and lost. The 2cond time we lost again but we got all the missions aborted . Time to start savin quarterz!!!!!

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 03:30 PM #19 of 53
Nintendo conference wasn't all that impressive, but I had to lol at all the hardcore gamers angsting that Wii Fit will be the end of the industry.

Sony did appeal the most to the hardcore audience, I imagine it's an excellent recovery from their fail at last years E3.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:24 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 12:24 AM #20 of 53
Somebody should rename this thread and turn it into "The Universal Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread".

I don't see how Nintendo deserves a special status, especially since they had the weakest presentation of the three.

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:24 PM #21 of 53
Hey guys, here's the conference for download. =)))

http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/vgpro/rev/nintendo_wii/e32006_pc_nintendo_800k.wmv
I'm a tard that's a dl link to last year's E3 conference

Additional Spam:
Rock, if you really want then fine. Honestly, I created this thread for the Nintendo conference and the Microsoft conference was yesterday and the Sony conference is already being held in the PS3 thread.

I made a thread like this last year and probably the year before that for the Nintendo Conference. It's kind of a tradition. And honestly what are you going to talk about in here on the Sony conference other than Metal Gear was pretty bad ass and lol Chewy is doing product placement. It was a good conference but I honestly didn't get much out of it other than Sony showed some trailers of some games we were expecting and they didn't screw it up royally this year. Hell, I'd be more inclined to discuss Sony's conference if they had let the memes out like they did last year.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 11, 2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:46 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 05:46 PM #22 of 53
The Revolutionary Wii Zapper!

Aside from all the bad puns and annoying presentation this could really bring a cool arcade feel to the home but honestly now, how many games will actually make this work so that it won't just leave you with an annoying extra peripheral collecting dust.
Err...wait...so it's just a holder for the Wii nunchuk and remote? For $20...couldn't you almost just buy a lightgun?

I guess I don't see the point in accessories like that because they don't change or add onto the capabilities of the Wii at all, it's just a different way of holding something you already use. In fact, doesn't this REDUCE your playing options since the Wii controller and nunchuk no longer have the ability to have independant motion sensing? It's almost like it takes the advantage of the Wii controller and cuts it down for the sake of fashion.

And I'm sorry, but I have to cringe when he says "making this Resident Evil the most evolutionary...and...revolutionary".

On a related note, did they show anything new for Disaster or Project H.A.M.M.E.R.? I haven't watched the full Nintendo conference yet (too busy downloading trailers of the individual games), but I was hoping they'd reveal some new information on the games...or at the very least mention that Project H.A.M.M.E.R. isn't canceled like the rumors say.

------------

Oh, and about having a separate thread for the Nintendo conference, I was wondering why Microsoft and Sony didn't have threads for their respective conferences either. As Acer said, the PS3 thread is mostly being used as a base for talk about the Sony conference...which makes it rather confusing as to where we should talk about things like the PSP redesign/new bundles which was shown at the conference. Why should we put PSP news into the PS3 thread? Or should we put information that was revealed at the conference into the PSP thread even though the PS3 thread was serving that purpose? Same with the Microsoft conference: should we be talking about the PC version of Gears of War in the Xbox 360 thread?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:22 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 06:22 PM #23 of 53
Everyone call this number:

800 255 3700 Press 0. Once the support agent answers, just tell them you want to let them know you hate the friend code system and would rather just use the Wii friend code as a unifying code for all online games.

I'm calling no less than twice a week now on this. I hate this crap.

Additional Spam:
HAHAHAHA, Acer got E306'ed again!

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Lukage; Jul 11, 2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:15 PM #24 of 53
lols 5 minutes until my e32006 is finished ='D

Additional Spam:
lol actually it was the nintendo press event from last fall where they announced the price, release date, etc. It's kind of interesting but whatever.

God, I wish these assholes would let you download it and not stream it. So lame.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 11, 2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:33 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 07:33 PM #25 of 53
I like the idea of Wii fitness. I workout everyday and incorporating an aspect of something I enjoy into exercising is a very good idea. Being able to track my progress is good, too. Sure, I could just go buy a scale that does that but why not use this instead and play games as well.

How ya doing, buddy?
Stuff goes here~
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] E3 Nintendo Conference