Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:36 PM #1 of 397
Almost anyone could look like Joker given everything Hollywood has done in regards to make-up. It is nice, though, that Ledger has curly hair. In all honesty, Ledger really wouldn't have to say anything. They could just get Hamill to do a voice-over... {sigh}

Didn't they originally plan on having Bob Hoskins to play Penguin? Picking Hoffman seems like a small step backwards.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:07 PM #2 of 397
I'm saying that Hoskins looks more the part than Hoffman. And from what I've seen of Hoskins' acting, he seems to have the right demeanor for the part of Penguin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:22 PM #3 of 397
See as how the criminal left a calling card of a joker in the previous movie, I seriously doubt The Red Hood will appear at all. It would be nice if they happen to throw that into some kind of backstory, but given the history of comic book movies, don't get your hopes up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:41 PM #4 of 397
Originally Posted by acid
However the most commonly accepted origin for the character is the one written by Alan Moore for 1988's "Batman; The Killing Joke". It tells that the Joker was a man who quit his job to persue his dream of being a comedian, however unsucessfully. With a pregnant wife, and knowing he couldn't cut it as a comedian, he agreed the rob the chemical plant he used to work at. The night before the robbery, he was approached by a police officer and told his wife and unborn child had died in a fire at their apartment. Distraught, he tried to back out of the plan, but the gangsters wouldn't let him. Everytime the gangsters recruited someone new to help them rob a place they would force them to wear a red hood. They told the victims it was to hide their identity, but in actuality it was to pin the crime on the victim as the criminal mastermind. As they robbed the plant, the police and Batman showed up. Joker panicked at the sight of Batman and dove into a vat of chemicals. A few miles down river, he washed up on shore, and when he removed his mask he saw that the chemicals had bleached his skin white, deformed his smile, and turned his hair green. This, his fright at his encounter with Batman, the death of his family, and everything else going on in his life seemed to turn him insane. He became the Joker.
In the original origin, The Red Hood attempted to rob a chemical plant. At one point, he becomes surrounded by Batman and Robin on a catwalk (kind of like in the movie... with the addition of Robin). With no way out, he jumps into a chemical basin and swims away, able to breath because of the design of The Red Hood helmet.

A later story (published a few years before The Killing Joke) claims that Batman found the Red Hood costume washed ashore, ditched by Joker after his chemical bath.

Given the continuity shifts in DC, believe whatever you want to believe.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)