Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:12 PM 1 #1 of 397
The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/722/722015p1.html

Quote:
July 31, 2006 - Warner Bros. has announced the title of the next film in the Batman franchise. The Dark Knight will be the name of the Chris Nolan-directed flick. And the studio confirms that Heath Ledger will play the role of The Joker. An official press release is expected on Tuesday, so watch for more news!

The confirmation comes after rumors had begun to circulate online that Ledger was reluctant to sign on to play The Clown Prince of Crime.

In other news, The Batman-on-Film.com website reiterates the rumor that the next Batman movie will feature multiple villains, namely Joker and The Penguin. The latter will reportedly be reconceived for the film as "a British arms dealer/mob boss with designs on Gotham."

And who is said to have been offered the role of The Penguin? Nolan reportedly wants previously rumored candidate Philip Seymour Hoffman, who ironically beat Heath Ledger in this past year's Oscar race for Best Actor. Like Ledger, however, Hoffman is said to be reluctant to join the sequel.

Finally, a BoF report claims that Ryan Phillippe is in the running for the role of D.A. Harvey Dent, a.k.a. the future Two-Face. Phillippe appeared in last year's Best Picture, Crash, and will next be seen in Clint Eastwood's Flags of Our Fathers.

Keep watching IGN for more Bat news!
Well, the title is set, and Heath Ledger is officially The Joker. It makes me hope that this picture is the real deal.

I love the title. It's simple and perfect. I think Heath is going to do a fantastic job as the Joker. He's proved himself as an actor and I am completely pumped to see what he can do. I personally was hoping for Mark Hamill, but Heath should be good none the less!

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:04 PM #2 of 397
Despite the picture being fake, I guarantee that will be the look Nolan goes for. I'm hoping for a dark, disturbed, psycho Joker, and I think Ledger can really nail something like that. Also, given Nolan's track record, I trust his casting choices ten-fold.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 09:44 PM #3 of 397
I think Joker's look is absolutely perfect, especially given the extremely dark nature of the film. Just that picture alone has scared me shitless. I can't wait to see him in the film.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:18 PM #4 of 397
YouTube Video

TEASER HAS BEEN LEAKED. BOW DOWN TO HEATH LEDGER'S VOICE!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:57 PM #5 of 397
I think he sounded really good and scary, like he's supposed to.

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:17 PM #6 of 397
Yep, those are them... And I think the countdown is for the teaser's official unveiling at ComicCon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:31 PM 1 #7 of 397
Teaser in HD: http://video.whysoserious.com/TDK_Te...st_L98hufT.mov

Coolest picture yet:

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:02 PM #8 of 397
Wow, they stuck surprisingly close to the comics regarding Mistah J's look.
Did you have any doubt with Chris Nolan at the helm?

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 07:45 PM #9 of 397
So far I've been impressed with the way he's done these movies so far...but if he adds Robin into the picture, it can only go downhill from there.

Seriously, no matter who plays Robin in any Batman, the shit just turns into one Gay-man infested Homo-hut.

No offense to the proud gays out there, just telling it like it is.
Nolan has stated in interviews that he will never put Robin in any of his Batman films. So, no need to worry about that!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:49 AM #10 of 397
Wow, those images are FANTASTIC. I love the multiple batmen... Very intriguing.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:09 PM 1 #11 of 397
Wrong, the IMAX version of I Am Shit is going to get the first 5 minutes of the movie. I'm going to see it tonight with a shitload of friends, so I'll report back with it's inevitable greatness.

Additional Spam:
LEAKED TRAILER -

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Last edited by Wall Feces; Dec 14, 2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 02:25 PM #12 of 397
I bought the American teaser posters on eBay already. Get em while they're hot!

Also, the prologue is fucking great. You can really tell the difference between a movie shot in IMAX over a movie shot in 35 and then projected in IMAX. The visuals were simply stunning, and the scene itself was incredibly badass.

This is gonna be the film to beat in 2008.

And yes, that trailer came from the regular prints of I Am Fuck.

Additional Spam:
DARK KNIGHT IMAX PROLOGUE-

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Wall Feces; Dec 16, 2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2007, 06:19 PM #13 of 397
This poster is hanging up in my bedroom right now

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2007, 06:37 PM #14 of 397
Ah, didn't catch that before. Either way, yes, disgustingly good poster!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2008, 03:11 PM #15 of 397
I heard rumours about the next sequel will be Batman vs Superman. Any thoughts about it?
Maybe if Christopher Nolan was a dickless fag with no pride, love, or respect for the series. Luckily he's not, so there's nothing to worry about.

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 12:38 AM #16 of 397
Awesome pic. I vote real, but early concept. This movie is going to be pushing the PG-13 rating to the fucking limit, and I love it.

Oh ye gods... What I wouldn't give for an R-rated Batman film...

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2008, 03:36 PM #17 of 397
The score has been leaked, and I posted it both in my journal and in the Film Score sharing thread. Also, here:

>>DOWNLOAD<<

I've resisted listening to anything but the first two tracks, which both sound incredible. Enjoy!

EDIT:

Just a warning, the last track is messed up, with some gross-sounding skipping sprinkled throughout, and it apparently cuts off before it should.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Wall Feces; Jul 4, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:07 PM #18 of 397
Movie Exec #1: Hey, how do we make our movie more successful?

Movie Exec #2: How about we have people use word of mouth to promote it, to get the public interested and expecting it long before the movie is finished!

Movie Exec #1: Thats a great idea - but its not enough...

Movie Exec #3: How about we show the movie free to a bunch of fans, thereby cutting our income and help hurt the movie!

Movie Exec #2: Genius!

Movie Exec #1: No wonder we get the big bucks!

Movie Exec #2: Yeah!

Movie Exec #3: I did the same thing with Serenity and look how much money THAT movie made!
This would be funny and relevant if TDK was a niche film as opposed to a summer blockbuster poised to rake in hundreds of millions of dollars. Alas, it's just another useless troll.

I don't think it's been posted yet, but another poster dropped a couple of days ago, and like every other poster in this ad campaign, it's brilliant:

Also, if you head over to the main page of the movie, all of the posters have been "vandalized" by the Joker. Awesome.

The Dark Knight

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:48 PM #19 of 397
The logic stands - why would you undercut yourself by letting the fans see the movie for free? You wouldn't.

Doctors didn't remove Temari's gallbladder for free. Lawyers don't go to trial for free. Why would you let people see a movie for free? Its stupid.
Free promotion. Same reason why viral marketing works, but I'll get to that shortly. The few thousand they will lose in these free tickets pales in comparison to the money they will save with the free promotion they will be getting from the people who will get to see the movie for free. All of whom have probably raved about how pumped they are to their friends, and then their friends have told their friends, and the cycle continues.

So no, the logic actually doesn't stand. Especially not for a movie like The Dark Knight. For Serenity, maybe, because it was a niche film with a small fanbase as it was, but even then, the free promotion it probably got from the viewers who got free tickets probably gave it a little extra push it wouldn't have otherwise had.

Quote:
Its all well and good you know words like TROLL but you obviously don't know WHY they *don't* work here. I *explained* the problem and why it doesn't work and you happened to not like it. I assume because you're one of the people that dressed up as the Joker and ran around like a goober?
You didn't *explain* anything, you simply fagged up yet another perfectly good thread.

Quote:
Oh, so you're *biased* against the facts. Clever for you, I suppose.

Quote:
Viral Marketing doesn't work for one simple reason - when you take marketing away from its context, no one knows what you're selling.
LeHah dealing in absolutes? What a shock!

How does it flat-out not work? This is just one example, but Cloverfield wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it was if it wasn't for the viral marketing campaign that it had. In the narrow-minded context you put it in, you'd be correct, but then you're missing whole point of viral marketing - To raise awareness and brew curiosity and interest, and then spread it to others. Allow me to fix your quote for you:

Quote:
Viral Marketing doesn't work for one simple reason - I live in my mom's basement.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:41 PM 2 #20 of 397
On the topic of Batman's voice, I think it's perfect. Voice is the one thing that superheroes in movies don't disguise, but Bale nailed it by doing so. Do you honestly believe that people who don't know Peter Parker wouldn't recognize his voice if they ran into Spider Man on the street? Bale goes the extra mile to fully disguise himself, AND hammers the point of Batman home - To instill fear in his enemies.

Most amazing jew boots
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 03:57 PM #21 of 397
$18.5 million for midnight showings ALONE

Yeah, this is gonna whip Spidey 3's ass.

Also, I loved it... Full review coming eventually.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:36 PM #22 of 397
I took that as legitimate bullshit by the Joker; the point of the speech was to convince Harvey that he should kill people besides the Joker.
Interesting theory... Joker did like to lie alot. One thing he did, which for some reason Roger Ebert COMPLETELY missed, was that he tells multiple stories in regards to what happened to his face. It wouldn't be out of the realm of impossibility that he was just completely fucking with everybody.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)