Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:54 PM 2 #1 of 397
Saw it for the second time today, and man, it's absolutely amazing. It's not often that I like a movie so much that I go right back and see it again, and what's crazy is that I feel like I could see it again tomorrow and still enjoy it a lot.

As for Heath Ledger, he is The Joker. He did a marvelous job. He's a shoo-in for a Best Actor nom, if not the award itself.

I loved Iron Man, but I have to say The Dark Knight tops that. Awesome that we got two fantastic superhero movies already this year.

EDIT: Hopefully no one listens to LeHah.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Jul 20, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:58 PM #2 of 397
Please explain to me what's so wrong with that statement.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:39 PM #3 of 397
Obviously I haven't seen every movie that's come out, and like you said, there are plenty more to come this year. I'm just saying that based on this performance, I would think he would get a nom for best actor. The majority of the people voting are actors, correct? Maybe I'm just cynical, but I have to believe his death will bring him votes.

Yeah, that's it. It's certainly not that there is no way in hell Heath will get an Oscar for playing a fake-crazy (read: not even remotely realistic) person in a comic book movie.
Not realistic as far as crazy Joker-like people go? Judging him based on that seems kind of silly to me.

Quote:
It won't happen. The academy never comes close to this kind of choice.
I'm not very familiar with the academy's voting history. I was just assuming that based on his amazing performance + his death, he would get the nod. But if they don't go for stuff like this, then forget it.

EDIT: Should have said Best Supporting Actor.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Drakken; Jul 20, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:10 AM #4 of 397
It seems silly to me that you two get hung up on something like that. It's very believable that they would be talking about him using his moniker. That doesn't make me think, "Oh, Nolan is doing this to make sure the crowd knows these guys are working for the Joker." I just think, "OK, these guys were just brought on to do this job by the Joker and they're curious about him and naturally talking to the other guys about him."

Either way, I fail to see how that's an issue big enough to dwell on. If that somehow dampened your enjoyment of the movie, that's unfortunate.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:00 PM #5 of 397
Because I'm an intellectual in my everyday life, I don't like being talked to like an idiot. You may not mind having things explained to you in strained exposition in a pointless scene - but I do because my brain works.

Its not my fault you're stupid - but its because of people like you that the movie pandered the dialouge to such an extent.
:lol:

Please refrain from making assumptions about my intelligence. I totally understand where you're coming from when you say you don't want everything explained to you as if you're stupid. I appreciate movies that don't do that, and when they do, it's definitely annoying. I just didn't get any sense of that from their repeated mentions of The Joker. Again, it seems perfectly reasonable that guys in that situation would talk about The Joker by name (and use his name multiple times). I don't think that's necessarily Nolan doing that for the sake of the presumably slow audience.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Drakken; Jul 21, 2008 at 02:03 PM.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:48 PM #6 of 397
Continuing with what Encephalon said - Is it possible that filmmakers sometimes simply create a fantasy in which the characters and events are to be taken at face value and not over-analyzed? I'm not saying that's the case with TDK, I just wonder if you critique every movie as if it has messages that the writer/director was trying to subtly communicate when it's quite possible that he/she did not mean to "say" anything but instead just wanted to make an entertaining flick.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Drakken; Jul 21, 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)