Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:12 PM #1 of 397
I can't seem to load page 12. I'm sorry if this is an interrupt, or if my opinion doesn't agree with you folks.

I went to see the film on Friday night, which was PROBABLY a bad idea. I've never EVER seen lines and SOLD OUT signs for one movie like this before. I almost walked out because I couldn't fathom a Batman movie being THAT great.

I wanted to think about the movie for a couple of days before I said anything.

But that movie was NOT that great. The only thing that I found made it watchable was Ledger's role (hate scream yell at me). I don't know much about the mythology of Batman, but I did enjoy Batman Begins. I don't know exactly WHAT persona the Joker is supposed to have except for the things Pang has told me, and of course, my childhood run-in with Jack Nicholson. I tried my very best to erase all of it for Ledger. And he amazed me. I loved, loved, loved the character.

But the movie itself was the same repetitive shit and it dragged on. Again, I'm ignorant when it comes to Batman and the stories that go along with him, but it was pretty... dull except for some very exciting bits.

Was I the only one completely underwhelmed by Eckhart's performance?

I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flack for my opinion on the film, but if I were to watch it again, it would only be for The Joker. The mannerisms had me laughing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:37 PM #2 of 397
I'd say the biggest reason you didn't like it was exactly what you said: You're not a Batman fan. It's like going to Field of Dreams with no concept of the Black Sox. It's just not going to be the same experience.
Sure. I mean, I will WATCH the movies, and I will enjoy the movies (usually), but I don't go out of my way to read the comics or the mythology of the characters. I'm sure they're great, but they're not my schtick - I just like some intense action movies.

I went to the movie because I heard all the hype. Yes, I shouldn't have listened, but it's kind of hard when everyone is talking about how FANTASTIC it is, and you want to see what they're talking about.

As a movie, though? Underwhelmed in general. Remove the Batman aspect and what have you got? Just another action movie with some force-fed pseudo-intellectual message.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)