Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:04 AM #1 of 397
Ok, two things

Jack Nicholson was a goddamned terrible campy bullshit Joker

This one does not look MUCH better but it cannot possibly be worse. I hope the hair is not really as poofy as it appears in the mirror shot — it's not meant to be literally a clown wig

(also on a nerd note the Joker's first name is probably Jack, there is some storyline with some cousin of his or something which I won't bother looking up)

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 08:40 PM #2 of 397
Harley Quinn is wildly unlikely to see any time in these films, unless it's a cameo as a staff psychiatrist at Arkham. (Was Arkham even mentioned at all in Begins?) Her nature is just too goddamn goofy for the tone of the films, and Harley Quinn as a grim and merciless killer kind of defeats the whole point.

(Besides which, to have a Harley you need to have a Joker which is at least a little bit charismatic)

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:58 PM #3 of 397
Making a feature-length Batman film where the major plot thread is "Batman is hurt and can't do a goddamn thing" isn't exactly compelling. Bane is probably one of the easier villains to bring to the screen, but the rest of the Knightfall arc is just an endless series of awkward winces.

The only member of the extended bat-family that really fits into the films thematically is possibly the Cassandra Cain Batgirl. Anything else would just drive the films into the same painfully-campy ground as the last series.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:49 PM #4 of 397
I haven't seen the film, but

it seems like this "Joker" character might be somehow inconsistent in his motivations or behaviors

am I understanding this right

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:53 PM #5 of 397
ROTORBLADE YOU CANNOT PUT CONCRETE IN DEEP WATER

IT WILL SINK

YOUR IDEAS VIOLATE ALL LAWS OF PHYSICK

I was speaking idiomatically.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:56 PM #6 of 397
THOU CUNNING DEVIL

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:30 AM #7 of 397
The whole idea of rating movies in relation to other movies is so logically bankrupt that I can't imagine why anyone would expect the results to be anything other than stupid. Is "Rear Window" better than "Psycho"? What does that even mean

FELIPE NO
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:42 PM #8 of 397
Impression?

Wait, so they're not both the same guy? I always figured there was some dupe-account goofery going on that was being overlooked for comedy reasons.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)