Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:12 PM 1 #1 of 397
The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/722/722015p1.html

Quote:
July 31, 2006 - Warner Bros. has announced the title of the next film in the Batman franchise. The Dark Knight will be the name of the Chris Nolan-directed flick. And the studio confirms that Heath Ledger will play the role of The Joker. An official press release is expected on Tuesday, so watch for more news!

The confirmation comes after rumors had begun to circulate online that Ledger was reluctant to sign on to play The Clown Prince of Crime.

In other news, The Batman-on-Film.com website reiterates the rumor that the next Batman movie will feature multiple villains, namely Joker and The Penguin. The latter will reportedly be reconceived for the film as "a British arms dealer/mob boss with designs on Gotham."

And who is said to have been offered the role of The Penguin? Nolan reportedly wants previously rumored candidate Philip Seymour Hoffman, who ironically beat Heath Ledger in this past year's Oscar race for Best Actor. Like Ledger, however, Hoffman is said to be reluctant to join the sequel.

Finally, a BoF report claims that Ryan Phillippe is in the running for the role of D.A. Harvey Dent, a.k.a. the future Two-Face. Phillippe appeared in last year's Best Picture, Crash, and will next be seen in Clint Eastwood's Flags of Our Fathers.

Keep watching IGN for more Bat news!
Well, the title is set, and Heath Ledger is officially The Joker. It makes me hope that this picture is the real deal.

I love the title. It's simple and perfect. I think Heath is going to do a fantastic job as the Joker. He's proved himself as an actor and I am completely pumped to see what he can do. I personally was hoping for Mark Hamill, but Heath should be good none the less!

How ya doing, buddy?
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 06:19 PM #2 of 397
I really like that picture too. It makes things look really dark. The Batman series should be morbid, and that's exactly what it seems like they're going for.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:59 PM #3 of 397
Originally Posted by sprouticus
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/722/722015p1.html

Well, the title is set, and Heath Ledger is officially The Joker. It makes me hope that this picture is the real deal.

I love the title. It's simple and perfect. I think Heath is going to do a fantastic job as the Joker. He's proved himself as an actor and I am completely pumped to see what he can do. I personally was hoping for Mark Hamill, but Heath should be good none the less!
The picture there is a fake with Conrad Veidt who was the original inspiration for The Joker.

Heath Ledger is an interesting choice and I look forward to how he pulls it off and the look. The Dark Knight is a wicked title for the sequel too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:07 PM #4 of 397
I love the title. I don't know if the choice of Heath for the Joker is going to be that great, but I won't judge before I see the film.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

EmmDoubleEw
Syklis Green

Member 5921

Level 8.00

Apr 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:54 PM #5 of 397
It's about time they make a batman movie called the "dark knight." It's home territory for s ome of the best batman comic books, like Frank Miller's "the dark knight returns."

I'm looking forward to this.

Did you know that Nolan wanted to make Batman Begins ressemble the dark gloomy world of Blade Runner? Really interesting choice of inspiration, but turned out so amazing!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:04 PM #6 of 397
Despite the picture being fake, I guarantee that will be the look Nolan goes for. I'm hoping for a dark, disturbed, psycho Joker, and I think Ledger can really nail something like that. Also, given Nolan's track record, I trust his casting choices ten-fold.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 08:21 PM #7 of 397
I was really hoping for Mark Hamill or even Jack Nicholson, but Heath Ledger is a pretty good actor, from what I've seen. He could be an interesting Joker.

FELIPE NO
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:26 PM #8 of 397
Damn, I also wanted Mark Hamill, but only because of that laugh. As long as Ledger can make a laugh as good as Hamill's, then I will definately like the movie. However, Hamill perfected the joker laugh so we probably won't get the same.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 09:32 PM #9 of 397
Ugh, The Penguin?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:44 PM #10 of 397
Originally Posted by galen
Ugh, The Penguin?
At least it's not Mr. Freeze.

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:00 AM #11 of 397
Originally Posted by Spyer
Damn, I also wanted Mark Hamill, but only because of that laugh. As long as Ledger can make a laugh as good as Hamill's, then I will definately like the movie. However, Hamill perfected the joker laugh so we probably won't get the same.
But unfortunately with Mark Hamill anything he does live people will be at the edge of their seat waiting for him to brandish a lightsabre. Has it been said anywhere that he was even considered for the role? If he could've gotten himself in "Joker shape" this would have been one of the few movies I'd pay to see at a theatre for, and be there on release day.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:01 AM #12 of 397
I just hope the music is going to be as good as batman begins. I really love that soundtrack

Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 09:02 PM #13 of 397
Mr. Freeze > Penguin. Sorry.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 11:05 PM #14 of 397
Originally Posted by galen
Ugh, The Penguin?
If done right the Penguin could be a fairly competant villian.

Think less Danny Devito and more boss Carmine Falcone from the first one. He's not a supervillian. He's a gangster.

And by second villian, I honestly doubt they mean anywhere near the screen time as Joker. He'll be there as a plot device, maybe have a few good scenes, but it's the Clown Prince of Crime's show.

As probably the biggest Joker fan on here, I'm actually pleased with Ledger's casting. While I was personally gunning for Adrien Brody or Paul Bettany, I think Heath can pull it off.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:20 AM #15 of 397
Originally Posted by acid
If done right the Penguin could be a fairly competant villian.

Think less Danny Devito and more boss Carmine Falcone from the first one. He's not a supervillian. He's a gangster.

And by second villian, I honestly doubt they mean anywhere near the screen time as Joker. He'll be there as a plot device, maybe have a few good scenes, but it's the Clown Prince of Crime's show.

As probably the biggest Joker fan on here, I'm actually pleased with Ledger's casting. While I was personally gunning for Adrien Brody or Paul Bettany, I think Heath can pull it off.
Well the rumour on Batman-On-Film has The Penguin being something of a British arms dealer/mob boss with designs on Gotham. Nolan and the studio are gunning for Phillip Seymour-Hoffman for the role which would be great if they managed to sign him up.

Hopefully they'll still include some of the original plan to introduce D.A Harvey Dent and eventually Two Face even if it's in the third movie.

FELIPE NO
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 12:28 PM #16 of 397
That English-man twist for the Penguin sounds like a good idea, considering the overly eloquent/snobish style he's often been portrayed with.

I really know nothing about Ledger, except that he seems to be good enough an actor to star in an Ang Lee movie - that will have to do for now. Originally I was hoping for Steve Buscemi who sports both the looks and the talent for the Joker or maybe Josh Lucas, if they wanted someone younger. I believe Lucas is still in talks for the role of Harvey Dent?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 06:29 AM #17 of 397
I wants me some Catwoman in the near future.

Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:01 AM #18 of 397
Hey, just about any character can work in Batman, as long as you have the right actor! Pfff, we can have a movie about Killer Croc and it would still be good, but it all DEPENDS!

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 12:31 PM #19 of 397
Killer Croc would be an interesting villain, come to think of it. Not as the main 'villain attraction' for the film, but cool nonetheless.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 03:48 PM #20 of 397
What's the deal with cramming multiple villains into one movie? They instantly launch into some lackeydom or some crap. I'd prefer one almighty bad guy. Having Scarecrow & Ra's Al Ghul in one movie kinda smudged the flick in my opinion.

That and the god damn horribly done shakey-camera thing they do in the fight scenes. The last movie left a bitter taste in my mouth for a number of reasons, and the Batman that Bale put out got on my nerves. It'll probably make a shitload of money just off of status alone. I remain skeptical of it being good (at least by my standards).

Double Post:
Looking over some stuff, Crispin Glover would do the role nice.

HELLOOO. MCFLY.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Aug 1, 2006 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 04:55 PM #21 of 397
Aw man. I was hoping for Hamill as well, but yeah... Heath just seems too reserved to me - the polar opposite of The Joker. I don't know if he has the acting chops to pull this off. Bleh. I guess I'll just have to trust Nolan. And cue the "Brokebat Mountain" jokes. lol.

Originally Posted by Hotobu
If he could've gotten himself in "Joker shape" this would have been one of the few movies I'd pay to see at a theatre for, and be there on release day.
I totally agree.

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Aug 1, 2006 at 07:07 PM.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 07:38 PM #22 of 397
Originally Posted by Hotobu
If he could've gotten himself in "Joker shape"
What exactly is Joker shape? Jack Nicholson didn't seem to be in any kind of shape in the first Batman movie. He was short and actually somewhat pudgy, if I remember correctly. I don't know how Hamill looks these days, but I'm sure it wouldn't make much difference.

Originally Posted by Gechmir
The last movie left a bitter taste in my mouth for a number of reasons, and the Batman that Bale put out got on my nerves.
WHERE ARE THE DRUUUUUGGGSS?!?!

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:45 PM #23 of 397
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
What exactly is Joker shape? Jack Nicholson didn't seem to be in any kind of shape in the first Batman movie. He was short and actually somewhat pudgy, if I remember correctly.
You do remember correctly, and that's not what I consider "Joker Shape". The Joker is tall and slender, boardering on lanky. This is one of the reasons why I didn't like Jack as the original Joker.

FELIPE NO
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:36 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 10:36 PM #24 of 397
Originally Posted by Simo
The picture there is a fake with Conrad Veidt who was the original inspiration for The Joker.
Wow, they didnt need to do much..
http://www.sunrisesilents.com/Images/TMWL.jpg

Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 10:58 PM #25 of 397
Yeah, you can see in the top left part of his head where the photoshopped hair awkwardly cuts off if you turn the brightness of your screen up.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)