Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Kevin Butler Appreciation Thread (Sony E3)

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:29 PM #1 of 15
Kevin Butler Appreciation Thread (Sony E3)

PlayStation Move!

It's basically a Wii Remote that costs more and has kinda sorta more motion functionality.

$50 for the Move Controller remote.
$30 for the Navigation Controller nunchuck.
A PlayStation Eye is also required.
$100 will get you a bundle that includes Sports Champions Wii Sports, one Move Controller remote, and the PlayStation Eye sensor bar.
$399 will get you a bundle that includes the console and Move Controller later this year.

Portal 2!

While it's not necessarily Sony's baby, Portal 2 was "surprise announced" by Gaben during Sony's conference. All that's been released is a teaser trailer, but it looks like it'll take place outside of the Aperture Science building! Neat!

Exclusives! Sort of!
Since Sony apparently didn't have anything to announce that would've been exclusive to their console, they're resorting to special editions of games that are PS3 only. Because we aren't already pissed enough that game stores do this!

Dead Space 2 for PS3 comes with a Move-enabled Dead Space Extraction.

Medal of Honor for PS3 comes with an HD remake of Medal of Honor Frontline.

PSP Stuff!

You know, Sony, the PSP has been irrelevant for years now. Was the best you had to offer really a new ad campaign for it and Patapon 3?

Gran Turismo 5 has a release date! No seriously!

November 2, 2010! It only took years after the $40 demo, but it's finally coming out!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:43 PM #2 of 15
Don't forget killzone 3 now equipped with JetPacks <_<
Sony has had better years. I can safely say this was their worst. Everyone was impressed with the sorcery game which is just an example for the motion controls. I was expecting more exclusive titles towards the end but all we got was infamous2.
I guess it was better than the psychedelic Natal presentation . . . maybe.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:03 PM #3 of 15
"Everyone was impressed with the Sorcery game"? Really?

I know I wasn't. It showed pretty convincingly that Move is nothing more than a slightly more accurate Wii controller. That game could've come out for the Wii no problem.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:26 PM #4 of 15
Did they announce that FFIX finally came out in the US today? Because that sounds like better news than anything posted here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:23 PM #5 of 15
Nope.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:29 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 07:29 PM 2 #6 of 15
Did they announce that FFIX finally came out in the US today? Because that sounds like better news than anything posted here.
They did call FF13 "this generation's definitive RPG" though, which was awesome

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:30 PM #7 of 15
Now that I read the liveblog summary, it becomes clear that the problem was that there wasn't enough Kevin Butler.

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:43 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 07:43 PM 3 #8 of 15
The fact that he was there at all indicates there was way too much Kevin Butler.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:52 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 08:52 PM #9 of 15
No love for Twisted Metal?

Sure, it's going to be 10 years in the making, but you get to launch explosive gurneys with old people on them at other cars! That's got to be worth something.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:02 PM #10 of 15
"Everyone was impressed with the Sorcery game"? Really?

I know I wasn't. It showed pretty convincingly that Move is nothing more than a slightly more accurate Wii controller. That game could've come out for the Wii no problem.

Well I'm judging it by the reaction of the crowd. They were all like "ooooh Ahhhh" and then when they see the fire tornado, "Wooooo"
With a normal controller it would be considered a mediocre game but with motion!

I was more impressed with the tech demos they showed a while ago than the actual games. Although, I think the whole motion fad got in the way of trying to fit in some real games.
Give me some Last Gaurdian and I could have walked away happy. Even a demo of a current game under motion controls would have been better. Da fuck was up with "Heroes on the move"?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:21 PM #11 of 15
I feel like I'm the only person who has never and continues to not give a shit about Twisted Metal, which means this entire press conference was basically a bust for me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:45 PM #12 of 15
Twisted Metal was moderately fun for the first two and shit sandwiches since. I was surprised they brought it back, and even more surprised this is what David Jaffe left God of War to do.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:51 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2010, 08:51 PM #13 of 15
Well I'm judging it by the reaction of the crowd.
There were pity claps for Kinect, too. That shouldn't really be taken as anything.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:43 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2010, 03:43 PM #14 of 15
Please, tell me more. FFIX? The game that's been out for over 10 years? HD remake? Port? Available on the Playstation Network? Details please! FFIX is my favorite video game of all time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [News] Kevin Butler Appreciation Thread (Sony E3)