Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Apple rumored to buy Nintendo
Closed Thread

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:18 PM #1 of 23
Apple rumored to buy Nintendo

You can read all about it here.

So, even though it's only a rumor, having being written about on Cnet gives it some backing. If this were to actualy happen... What would you do as fanboys :P Would you stick with Nintedo? Or call them sellouts.

Quote:
If Apple was to acquire Nintendo, a friendly takeover or merger would be more likely. In the merger scenario, Apple might have a chat with Nintendo and convince them to agree to form a new company. Still, the viability of a merger is low. Now may be a bad time to adopt Nintendo -- Apple would do better to wait a year or two to see how the Wii does.
Quote:
So why would Apple bother with Nintendo anyway? With the massive success of the iPod, Apple has become a hugely popular mainstream vendor and has finally seen the recognition it always felt it deserved. The Motley Fool believes Apple may even be making effective strikes against Dell.

Most amazing jew boots

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:37 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 12:37 PM #2 of 23
First, I see them both as great companies. I would hope that Nintendo wouldn't "die" in the sense that software would be Apple Mario etc.

But overall, this is ludicrous in that Nintendo is so well off that they have no reason to sell. I do see that Apple might like the merger ALOT. Nintendo DS + Apple iPod = Juggernaut of handheld market. Apple owning Wii would be something that would give MS competition in the home entertainment, and give Apple a way to connect to every homes TV set.

I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:41 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 12:41 PM #3 of 23
Ahahahahahahahaha.

I will eat a large block of granite if this happens.

Why do sites even bother with shit like this? Slow news day I guess.

Most amazing jew boots
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 02:37 PM #4 of 23
I would buy stock as soon as possible if a merger were to take place.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 02:38 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 12:38 PM #5 of 23
There is no chance in hell of this ever happening. Ever. They have absolutely nothing in terms of common interests, and even if everyone at Nintendo gets stoned and decides to go through with it, the shareholders wouldn't let it happen.

Also, where the hell did they get this story from? It has no foundation in reality. They might as well say Sony is planning to buy Nintendo.

If this happens I will personally fondle the testicles of everyone in this thread.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 02:41 PM #6 of 23
I guess Apple is bored with Disney.

How ya doing, buddy?
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 03:11 PM #7 of 23
Well, Nintendo has stated repeatedly that they respect Apple and that their business practices and ideas parallel their own (and just look at the DS Lite...), and Apple HAS been looking to get into the game industry. Still, a full on buyout/merger is fairly unlikely, but I could see Apple working on a few joint projects with Nintendo or sharing resources.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 02:16 PM #8 of 23
I'm with Solis. I could maybe see joing projects here and there, but full buyout? No way. The whole thing seems very farfetched to be honest

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 09:48 AM #9 of 23
Originally Posted by Turbo
So, even though it's only a rumor, having being written about on Cnet gives it some backing.
Yeah! Rumour posted on a reliable source! Must come true!

Quote:
If Apple was to acquire Nintendo, a friendly takeover or merger would be more likely. In the merger scenario, Apple might have a chat with Nintendo and convince them to agree to form a new company.
"Hey guys. I was thinking naming our new company the Nintenipple."

Quote:
The Motley Fool believes Apple may even be making effective strikes against Dell.
If they're having problems keeping up with Dell, they're certainly not going to be buying out Nintendo. Again, rumours are lame speculation over the dumbest theories in the world. Half of them are false and most of them come from kids who just think over concepts. "Microsoft to buy Sony? Sega to make a comeback? Nintendo to stop rehashing Mario titles? EA reported to stop making sports titles?" Not happening, ever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:54 PM #10 of 23
A portion of this thread was split to the Sewers:

http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/se...-nintendo.html

<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 05:16 PM #11 of 23
Its the weekend, everyone. This is when the bogus news comes out: So nerds have something fake to talk about.

Most amazing jew boots
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 03:41 PM #12 of 23
Just posting here to get in on Kuttlas' testicle fondling offer. Though, given the prerequisite, I probably have a better chance of winning the state lottery.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:53 PM #13 of 23
More like the iwii. Eeewee. That's even cuter!

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 09:22 PM #14 of 23
"Megaton" is all that needs to be said. Nintendo + rumors = you look silly. Apple + rumors, not so much.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Mina
The little itch inside your mouth you keep tonguing!

Member 1314

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 02:26 AM #15 of 23
If anything (rumor pending), I could see Apple going after a piece of the handheld sector of Nintendo as it seems to be the bulk of both companies success. Anything outside of small gadgets from either of them doesn't seem to be ripping up the charts.

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:27 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 03:27 AM #16 of 23
A merger would move me to a new level of euphoria.

Also the article is pathetic.
Quote:
Many major titles like World of Warcraft and Halo are available to buy for the Mac -- although often the Mac version is one release behind the PC versions.
Wow a Blizzard and Bungie game. Have these companies ever not supported Macintosh? Only Cyan and Maxis support the Mac more and that's If we still lived in 1995.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 10:16 PM #17 of 23
Originally Posted by RABicle
Also the article is pathetic. Wow a Blizzard and Bungie game. Have these companies ever not supported Macintosh?
Yeah, so what are you saying there?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:19 PM #18 of 23
I see this happening: never.
A partnership is conceivable, but a merger or buy-out is bordering on ridiculous.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 10:33 PM #19 of 23
The prospect of this happening sorta bothers me for some unknown reason. I'm comforted by the fact that it'd never happen.

I'd be interested in what the two companies can cook up between the two as a joint project, or something like that. I don't have any ideas at the current time though.

But yeah, deffinitly not happening.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:43 AM #20 of 23
Everyone's saying "it'll never happen", and I'm not saying it will, but I don't see many reasons why not.

I question whether or not Apple even has the buying power to do so. I don't know much about their company's wallet, but as far as I know their only real income is everything iPod. I'd imagine they'd have to have a fire sell just to be able to get the rights to Nintendo.

I struggled at first to come up with commonalities between the companies, but I could see them working with each other. Since the SNES Nintendo has always seemed to be slightly out of phase with the rest of the gaming industry. They just seem to vibrate at a slightly different wavelength. Apple's sort of the same way when it comes to the computer industry. I could see Gamecube and Wii games released as Mac exclusives, and some old Nintendo games as downloadable iPod games via iTues.

That said it's probably pseudojournalism, but you have to admit, it'd be interesting to see an iPod and a WiiPod set up next to each other.

Most amazing jew boots
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:12 AM #21 of 23
ok APPLE (just making sure I typed the right company this time)
So if Nintendo actually does by some chance accept Apples rumored offer hopefully they will be able to make something that surpases the Pippin'. I would much rather Nintendo to stay solo though (if it were the other way around however...)

Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:51 AM #22 of 23
Okay, I've had about enough of this baseless, dumb thread. =/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Apple rumored to buy Nintendo