Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dual Monitor + Minimizing Windows

Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:59 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 02:59 AM #1 of 5
Dual Monitor + Minimizing Windows

After setting up a pair of exactly identical monitors (Dell 2405FPW) using my GeForce 7800GS, I proceeded to set up the monitors in dual screen mode in windows. That worked, so there is no problem there, the windows taskbar remains on one of the monitor. I proceed to open an application and drag it over to the other monitor and open another program on the other monitor. When I click on one of the programs, it minimizes the other on the other screen.

Does anyone know how to turn this off? because I would really like to run applications on both screens without having the programs constantly minimizing. Also, I have the newest graphic drivers for the card.

Thanks in advance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:58 PM #2 of 5
What Application? This is not how things normally work, so it might be a flaw in the application itself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:24 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 09:24 PM #3 of 5
Every full screen applications seem to create this behaviour after doing some testing last night.

Additionally, how do you set up the task bar to stretch across to the other monitor?

Most amazing jew boots
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:31 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 01:31 PM #4 of 5
Quote:
the windows taskbar remains on one of the monitor.
A program called UltraMon can fix this problem, although it isn't free. :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:07 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 04:07 AM #5 of 5
Based on Render's suggestion of using Ultramon, I've downloaded the 30 Day Trail to see if it can indeed fix this problem.

So far, I've not found any setting in Ultramon to prevents full screen applications from minimizing when clicking on another window in the other monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Dual Monitor + Minimizing Windows