Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

AVG keeps dissapearing

Kara Mano Iru
Carob Nut

Member 27513

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:59 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 10:59 PM #1 of 6
AVG keeps dissapearing

So yeah, I used to have AVG. I tried to run virus scan today and it looked like it was going to start up and then my PC had to search for the AVG exe file. Ok, my PC is a bitch I'll repair the install. Ok I do that and then I try again, same resaults. Alright, so I go in and find the exe file myself and double click on it. It dissapeared. Ok, click the setup.exe. It dissapeared. I have now totally uninstalled it as well and reinstalled it from a fresh download in case my install file was corrupt. I double click on the short cut on my desk top and it's doing the same thing all over again.

Last thing I want to do right now is reformat my hard drive, I don't have the money for that many CD's and it would be a bitch to reinstall everything.

Can I get a little help? I so hope you aren't all as stumped as I am.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 08:05 AM #2 of 6
You tried to run the .exes and they literally disappeared? as in became deleted?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kara Mano Iru
Carob Nut

Member 27513

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:22 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 11:22 PM #3 of 6
Just gone. *Poof!* Nowhere, I'm not kidding you. I work an internal help desk for my company and I have never seen crap like this.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 01:40 PM #4 of 6
Have you tried downloading and running another AV program like Avast? Maybe you have something that's intentionally trying to not let you run AVG.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:17 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 12:17 PM #5 of 6
Maybe (but it shouldn't be) Windows XP's Data Execution Prevention is shutting it down. Maybe try turning DEP on for all programs and make avg an exception. Check it at the Performance settings under the Advanced Tab of your System Properties. Just something I thought of, but it's likely not the problem.

Also, can you run it in safe mode?

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Kara Mano Iru
Carob Nut

Member 27513

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 07:17 PM #6 of 6
I've tried everything I could it's just come down to it. I'm going to dump all my files onto my roommates PC and reformat.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > AVG keeps dissapearing