Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 02:23 AM #1 of 1941
All I know is I love warlocks, 5/31/15 is the best way to go for PVP and PVE I think. Soul link, I love it so much.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:18 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 11:18 AM #2 of 1941
I hate idiots... Espeically when they are in your guild.

Remember how my rogue Zio, pre MC stuff, well he still is cause I had to take a vacation from WoW where I couldn't do much raiding... Anyway...

Well I was told I "duel" like a noob but I could beat this shammy who had like 5 out of the ten storm set. I guess giving it my all is the noob style. Like trying to acutally win, the fucker kept using nature's swiftness everytime and waited to duel till he got that back so he could instantly heal cause I was using things like sprint, blade flurry(to keep totems away for that time) and other things to WIN, is the noob way to duel.

Bah, why can't anyone understand that a duel is control PVP, I don't care what you use, I'd rather have you fight fully then to play half ass cause it seems the 'hardcore' duelers seem to use nothing that has a bigger cooldown then 2 mins.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 10:47 PM #3 of 1941
Dagger I know how that feels... People with no lives = all the phat loot.

But in reality, it helps peopel from randomly joining a guild, getting all the loot and then leaving... but then again that coudl happen with DKP... Who knows....

And about gold farming... I farm either herbs, make pots and or sell the felcloth off the satyrs in azshera.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:29 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 01:29 PM #4 of 1941
Quote:
You are no longer kept in combat while on auto-attack at long range.
* Area effect spells and abilities will no longer consider totems as valid targets
Wait a minute, is that a good thing for the auto attack? Does that mean hunters who use auto atack will not be kept in combat or are they talking about being melee and running away.

Cause I know as a rogue I would have to deselect my target to stop him from having the 'out of range' thing to get out of combat cause I know if I keep far away I can go back into stealth after 6 secs of no combat.

And I'm glad totems can't be target of AOE spells, more more buffs for our shammies!

Quote:
* Slice and
Dice - This ability can no longer be blocked, dodged, or parried, and
cannot miss. If you attempt to use this ability when your target is
dead, you will now receive an error message instead of displaying the
spell animations.
Good, I was sick of by slice n dice missing.

Quote:
* Sap - Lightning Shield will no longer break Stealth when the Sap is resisted.
Never had that happen to me.

Quote:
* Distract - This ability will no longer trigger a Shaman's Lightning Shield (which caused the Rogue to lose stealth).
Never had it happen to me.

Quote:
* Blade
Flurry - The additonal attacks generated by this ability will now
properly take into account the armor of the second target.
Before it took account of the second target, it applied armor TWICE, now it wasn't applying armor and now it's going to apply armor once?

I'm confused cause I thought it was fixed.... Unless when I was doing 1800 to two targets with evis + Blade flurry. Was it only applying the target I was swinging at, it's, armor? I think that maybe the cause. It only only applying the target I was swinging at, it's, armor.... Man I miss wiping out four pull mobs with taking barly any damage.

Quote:
* Blind - Now considered a ranged attack. It can no longer be dodged or parried.
<3 And besides it has a range of 10 yards, that aint melee.

Quote:
* Creatures will no longer get one hit on a rogue before cheap shot takes effect.
That was annoying but it didn't really bother me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 03:48 PM #5 of 1941
Guys, if any of you are having problem with dling the patch. I'm more then willing to upload it to my website and hand out the link via PMs.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:31 PM #6 of 1941
Yeah well I had to wait five hours for it to completely DL dagget.

And I thought starting early it'd go fast.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 08:41 PM #7 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
it's been like this all damn day. I expect Blizzard will give song and dance about "free full day of gametime" in which it'll stack up with the other 2-3 days of free gametime I'm waiting to get from them

By free day, they merely mean you get one day at the end of your pay peroid. So instead of say paying the 12th of every month, you pay the 13th... Yanno?

I'd rather be reimburse by say full rest(for my alts) and then 40 gold a piece.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 09:55 PM #8 of 1941
I didn't hear about the massive dos attacks even though I don't get what dos attack has to do with a server... Probaly too much to explain...

But I use to feel your way about the servers coming back up but today was MC raid and the next brut blade + viskag that drops is mine cause everyone who needed one that had higher status then I did got thiers. The next ones are MINE.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:24 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 06:24 AM #9 of 1941
Dagget, I've been getting my free days, don't know about you though. :X

And I think Blizz is doing a good job, not as grand as I want it to be, but it's a good job none the less.

The only problems i have is on major patch days cause I want to play but can't. Other then that I have no problem with WoW or even Blizz itself.

And trust me, I've seen worst custormer service and much worse servers then what Blizz offers.

And I doubt they have 50-100 people working, they probaly have a lot more then that, but when you service people around millions upon millons then well, what do you expect?

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:38 PM #10 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
I expect them to adapt to being able to handle their customer base by providing high quality communication and service to match their success. It really isn't too much to ask when all you want to do is sit down and pass the time.
Yes, I understand but either way someone is going to see it flawed and not be happy.

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:53 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 08:53 PM #11 of 1941
True of course, but better the minority unhappy than the majority. It doesn't take much to please people when it comes to MMOs.
And if there is no improvement to thier custermer support then it must mean majority are happy.

Quote:
I've decided to roll an Engineering Druid named Rhapthorne to see what kind of strategical shenanigans I can pull with it while the Paladin rests a bit to recover from all these bugs and nerfs.

Bugs? nerf? Ha, it didn't seem much like a nerf to me. They do just as well even before... Hell, they got a buff for eye for an eye. It can be used even while mounted.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:15 AM #12 of 1941
I don't remember what vindication does again, so you are going to have to enlighten me again but maybe they nerfed it where certain named mobs can't be used against?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 02:57 PM #13 of 1941
Aha.... You thought AV, WSG and etc was horde dominating?

You should see the two servers I play horde for, they are total DIPSHITS when it comes to anything for a BG.

But then again, that is why I don't pug BGs anymore unless I know the guild, the people in it or whatever maybe the case.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:17 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 06:17 PM #14 of 1941
O.o; I thought it said on the patch notes that shammy totems can't be targeted by AOE...

I know my blade flurry always targeted shammy totems when I dueled them...

Trust me Shammies aren't as powerful as people think and I've played alliance and as well dueled them with my rogue... You just have to be smarter.

And pallies need to be hit with a nerf bat, sorry but they are the only class besides perhaps hunters that give me trouble in PVP but that is just cause I hate pallies and I'm a horde player. :X

About BGs...

I used to do pugs a lot ofr horde side(alliance side, you can't really I've seen.). And after awhile people were like ok, camp here, kill them and etc. I was like, these games aren't about who has the most death blows, HKs and etc. It's about WINNING. I think you get more of a bonus for honor and rep if you actually WIN the BG. Now I only do guild runs.

I like high - full population mainly cause I love the econ and plus there always people to get into instances and so much more. :X

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:45 PM #15 of 1941
I honestly hope the Shaman totem AOE issue is a bug, because I already have an incredibly easy time strategizing against and destroying Shaman players. Giving me the option to toss a stick of dynamite or a grenade along with my consecration to end totem menaces would certainly not give them any further chance to survive.

Anyone with an ounce of strategical know-how would be able to feint using a worthless totem to draw a quick reflex consecration, then run back and pop the real thing right outside of consecration's perimeter. I don't hate Shaman players in the least, they have several tools at their discretion to make my life harder, but most PVP in this game comes down to psychology, being able to fake and feint your way to make your opponent make a mistake.

The nerf bat in general is a "what goes around, comes around" type thing. Never wish a nerf upon anyone unless you're ready to take one yourself.
I never had a nerf really effect me. Remember my rogue is COMBAT SPEC. Anything that affected dagger rogues a lot, did not affect me almost in little to no way at all. Actually, the speed nerf or wahtever they did for the multipler actually buffed me cause most of my stuff was usually FASTER then what they made it.

Trust me, I'm ready to take any nerf but most nerfs affect dagger rogues and I aint a dagger rogue. It just makes me mad that I have to blow like all my cooldowns just to beat a pally and I always love popping evasion and getting hammered then really let them have it with adren rush once I get out of it.

Shammies aren't anything to my locks/rogue set up, I dont' know i just don't feel challanged unless the other person actually KNOWS what they are doing. Cause I tend to spam searing pain till they earth me then I let loose with all my shadow then.

And my rogue kill totems so they sit there as they keep trying ot lay them for 15 secs and it really helps me a lot and usually within those 15 secs I do so much damage their done for no matter what they do and if I have to, I blind them get rid of thier earthbind totem and keep on going.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 03:48 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:48 AM #16 of 1941
Quote:
This is pretty much the case for most all PVP, and it gets tiring when you come across a horrible player that screams nerf whenever they're soundly defeated against a class because they don't know what they're doing. I've had certain Rogues molest me the same way that I can murder some Rogues. The same with just about any class that properly takes advantage of what they have.

I imagine it's just as shameful for Paladins to abuse shield/hearth in PVP combat as it is Rogues using Vanish in the same combat, pending you're about to lose a legitimate fight that you originally had a chance of winning. Be it a Paladin or a Rogue, if you lose legitimately, take the death. That's the way I've always seen things.
The only time I see a pally shield and hearth is if it's someone who is an asian farmer... or is a few levels below me... or as soon as I stun them they do it so they can get out cause they don't want to loose. Cause I have a few pallies on my server who see me and get away.

And I vanish and run because I CAN. Rather or not it's pathetic or shameful or anything. The only time I will die is if I can't get away.

Wraith... Windfury + sword spec + blade flurry = happy me.

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 03:34 AM #17 of 1941
Hmm, I don't mind taking nerfs, and I don't mind demanding them.

I can kill any class yes, but I tend to get more pissy/anal over some classes... Mostly Pallies, gnomes(YES I HATE GNOMES. I don't know why I just do.) and perhaps hunters/mages. Those like the only three classes that give me trouble unless they are so decked out that I don't even bother and try to get away.

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 05:39 PM #18 of 1941
Originally Posted by Murdercrow
Alright, I am fucking PISSED OFF right now.

Last night, I was running BFD, when I noticed something. I had Flametongue up because I didn't want to get too much aggro while DPS'ing, and I noticed that Flurry wasn't proccing while Flametongue was up. I put up Frostbrand until I got a crit and a Frostbrand proc at the same time, and lo and behold, Flurry didn't go off. I opened a ticket saying "hey, Flurry sucks even more than you wanted it to." And they said that it was "working as intended."

Bullshit it's working as intended! When a skill that essentially gives me my Racial ability every time I crit DOESN'T PROC in tandem with a Flametongue/Frostbrand effect, that's NOT working as intended, that's a BUG.

Are you sure your WEAPON was critting, not your spell/ability?

Cause I was told or atleast from what I understood(I only have a level 28 shammy) that flurry only procs off the weapon crit, not any buffs or anything.

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:10 AM #19 of 1941
Scholo is fucking ridiculous with pubs at times... Stupid blood of innocnet never dropped and the idiots pulled so wrong... They didn't clear the room like I told them to so the warrior pulls the fricken succy and aggros the whole room...

Good thing I have things like vanish. XD

And I can proc two or three things. My weapon proc + sword spec + windfury. :X They were procing off of each other.

I don't know, I thought the WEAPON has to crit, not the spell or addon you put to get flurry.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:59 PM #20 of 1941
PVP is GREAT, but you have to be able to take being ganked either by out level, out equiped or just out numbered.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 05:50 PM #21 of 1941
I never seen any queue higher then esitmated time of 25 mins.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:26 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 01:26 AM #22 of 1941
I suggest CTmod and scrolling combat UIs. Those is all I use and I think it's the best.

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:28 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:28 AM #23 of 1941
The lesson here: Don't hold funerals in contested territories.
Quoted for the truth.

Originally Posted by Murdercrow

Wow. Apparently, you've never had anybody die. These people were her friends in one way or another, even if the only way they knew her was through a toon in the game. They wanted to pay respects to her by holding a memorial in an area that was special to her, and these fuckwits decided that they didn't deserve to pay respects to a dead person. What they did was the equivalent of somebody running through somebody's funeral naked, slapping everybody in the face, and pissing on the casket.
They should have not held it in a contested zone no matter what and besides if you read through out the thread, rather or not it was made up. There was no posting or proof that someone died unless I missed it while sorting through all the POS posts.

Quote:
Oh, but it's a game. Never mind that you're playing with real people. And that oftentimes real life invades the game, and that this was one of those times. Never mind that these people knew her and respected her. Never mind that they wanted to honor her memory, and never mind that... people, in the loosest sense of the term, decided that it would be funny to fuck with a memorial for somebody who is dead.
Hell, if I was on that server and saw a lot of horde or alliance faction IN ONE AREA. I'd call my guildies or factionmates and wipe the out even if I KNEW it was a funeral. It is a game, and I like to piss the enemy off by ganking them rather high or low level. Rather or not it makes me an asshole I could care less, I joined a PVP server for a reason. Even when I was low level I was ganked many times, sure it doesn't justify why I do it but I follow this rule, "Gank or be ganked." simple enough.

Quote:
Y'know, dead? The thing that happens where you're not around anymore, and you'll never be seen again? It's that sorta thing that makes people sad, and want to mourn the loss of a friend/loved one/relative/etc.

But it's a game, so it doesn't matter a damn bit, even if this was the ONLY WAY they could've organized like this.

So all in all, fuck off, you insensitive prick.
Don't hold a funeral in a contested zone, plus don't hold one in a game where you are going to get ganked especailly on a PVP server.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:00 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 03:00 PM #24 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
It's stuff like that funeral dispute that remind me why leaving PvP servers was the best choice I ever made in WoW.

Sure does suck for the ones who were trying to hold it though assuming they were serious and it wasn't all made up.
I just love PVP cause it gives me something to do while I farm herbs and or when I am bored go kill the asian farmers.

Originally Posted by Zio
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 03:55 PM #25 of 1941
Yeah, I just can't imagine how someone could make a guild on a pvp (aka ASSHOLE) server, then expect the OPPOSING FACTION to give a flying fuck about your dying member.

If I were a rogue, I would've shanked the shit out of that priest too. However, I'm not alliance, so I do have some disdain for the perpetrators already, but not for the outrageous reasons everybody else does.
Meh, both sides are equally bad, rather alliance or horde. Either way, I hate the opposing faction but I do love Horde more because of the lack of 12 year olds whining/owning guilds. Nothing like 13 year old with his squeeky voice trying to run a MC raid and trying to tell you what to do.

Originally Posted by Zio

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft