Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:55 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:25 PM #1 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Garr's next (and this is where drama starts) Helm of Might fell. Now of course one warrior who didn't win anything this run got pouty about tanks getting the helm first. It held us up for about 30 minutes. End result, pouty warrior won the helm, in drama that could have been avoided if Might didn't fall.

I always knew something like this would happen, but I'm just amazed at how tooth and nail warriors get when Might drops. The other classes don't act that retarded over their set pieces. :\
The guild I'm involved in got MC on farm status within 10 weeks, and then collapsed due to the pressure that built up over that time. Which was a shame because I only got to run one full MC run with them before the shit hit the proverbial fan.

The loot system we used was based on rank, for example the Main Tank would get Might drops first until he was fully geared, then the Off-Tank, then the 3rd in line etc as the drops happened. It was much more effective than spreading the loot at the time because we needed the MT to survive - which means he gets geared as early on as possible. The offtanks are able to survive as long as they are looked after by a healer or two, but the MT needs as much help as possible.

It was the same for all classes, and rank was determined by guild contribution - so there were no arguments on class-specific gear, just on the other kinds of purple pixels!

I'm Alliance on the Eredar server at the moment. Might roll horde on one of the Aussie servers if I get some spare time.

Shiftogyn - 60 Priest
Shortshift - 43 Hunter

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:46 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 08:16 PM #2 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Undead around 59-60 are swarmed around a crystal just SE of Tanaris. Drop Necrotic Runes which are soulbound. Thottbot has nothin' on this. Any ideas? =o Rep with some faction?
1.11 brings more Argent Dawn rewards from handing in these.

Hit the Scourge Invasion link from the WoW mainpage (if its up of course) and check out the rewards. (i'd give the direct link but apparently I need to post more before I can use precious url tags).

Not sure whether its worth the time, but at the moment I'd do anything to get through Revered and hit Exhalted.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 12:31 PM #3 of 1941
Quote:
I've looked up prizes and items for recent events, but I fail to see what all the price-jacking & acclaim are all about. I'm just confused to be honest =( I never have mastered the logistics & details about this game like my brother, the walking WoWiki. Advice, folks? =o
AH is terrible to predict at the moment. You're not the only one.

If you want to work your way to exhalted, do some instances and start collecting the bone fragments from UD Stratholme and Scholo. Kill two birds with one stone.

Once you're at exhalted, get Grab that 18 slot bag :P You need 12 Insignias to get it. More if you are revered or lower.

Apart from that, yeah, nothing strikes me as impressive. Some nice cloth bracers but I'm working on my ZG priest gear once i get time to raid regularly again. Must ... get ... rep!

I hear that the Invasion is ending on Sunday. All the other AD quests are ongoing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 08:26 PM #4 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Yeah, I'm heading into MC for the first time this Saturday. I really should do some BRD runs to get better fire resist (sitting at an amazing 33 resist unbuffed), but I haven't had too much time lately. =(
If you're not critical to the raid you should be fine. But if you're a healer or melee class you would want to work on it (especially for the future, if you end up stepping into BWL). I ended up as a MT healer for Rag and had 150 FR unbuffed. It was great fun resisting just about everything, as my fellow healers explode right in front of me...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:45 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 11:15 PM #5 of 1941
Originally Posted by ramonster
And yeh ReBorn is doing great check it out guildreborn.com.au I hope you're having even 1/2 as much fun as we are, even with our retard roll system and 6/7 day raiding retards.
Hahaha go stroke your e-peen elsewhere mate. He doesn't care. We don't care. Notice a pattern?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:48 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 09:18 PM #6 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kostaki
I think people are simply getting tired of having the rug pulled out from under them so many times. Blizzard makes changes to get people excited, then once people are all fired up wanting to play again (and have resubscribed for another month) they retract the changes or make illogical changes that piss off a great deal of the userbase.
Yeah, I share some of this sentiment. I came back recently to play my priest and catch up with my old WoW buddies and I found out that they were removing the dynamic functionality of the UI that made healing tolerable in large raids such as emergency monitors and Decursive-style interfaces.

Sure, there are new dungeons which have smaller groups but that's no excuse to make my job harder and more boring than it is currently. I went looking for a straight-forward answer and it sounded like Blizzard wanted people to go back to playing whack-a-mole with health bars.

And don't even start about the priest class talents - some sort of worthwhile holy talent or a better definition of the class trees would be greatly appreciated, but instead we get more shiny talents to distract from the real work that it deserves.

Have fun with the expansion. I know I won't be back.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: Dec 28, 2006, 10:29 PM #7 of 1941
Quote:
What are you talking that the holy spec is bad? It's great, a healing clearcast? Pretty much making a free heal and other talents.
Too much offensive stuff in a tree that I'd prefer to be a "healing tree" for my liking. Things like Blessed Resilience, Surge of Light, Spell Warding and Blessed Recovery aren't really useful to me as a healer.

The Clearcast only works for FHeal and GHeal. Which I guess will be used a lot more than Heal in BC. /shrug

I dropped my dependence for FHeal in raids a long time ago, pretty much because we had sorted out who was flashing and who was using the big heals. Meters weren't an issue if you were doing your job.

The new Spirit of Redemption is hot. Forget the lag issues, 5% bonus spirit is worth 1 point, pity its so far up the tree. And the other talents are just additions to healing, which can be substituted with gear and buffs.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft