Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

MS Saga: A New Dawn

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:22 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:22 PM #1 of 7
MS Saga: A New Dawn

I've just started this game just now. Currently at the first battle sequence while typing this. I've gotta say, graphics and music is pretty good. The battle theme pretty much rocks on it's own. Don't know about the story though. This really has the classic RPG feel to it. I'm having a very good first impression here.

EDIT: I'm surprised they even have VAs in it. And LOVE the chibi look for the Gundams.

Any thoughts on this game? No spoilers please, I've just started. (Use spoiler tags)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Scarletdeath; Mar 4, 2006 at 03:25 AM.
yangxu
Last Star

Member 972

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:34 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:34 AM #2 of 7
The game definitely is a good original Gundam game, with tons of customizations of your mobile suits... unfortunately, it doesn't take long to finish the game unless you want every customization, I finished the Japanese version in less than 15 hours, I'd say most people can get the game done in 20 hours.

Most amazing jew boots
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:53 AM #3 of 7
I love the game for the simple fact that it lets me customize mobile suits. Being a huge Gundam fan, and a huge fan of mecha it's a dream come true. I just wish they would make a game with this level of customization more action oriented. This will do for now though.

Btw, I know the game is supposedly set in an alternate universe, but doesn't it seem like there's a lot of things tying it to UC?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:02 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:02 AM #4 of 7
I've played for a couple hours so far and I'm loving this. The OST is great, the customization is fun. The battle system hasn't get annoying yet, but the random ENCs seems a little too frequent. I like how they used the real world map in the game though. I'm in "India" right now.

The maps' size are great. Not too huge and not too small. The town's size does seem like a real towns. Dungeons are great too, thank god for abilities that allow instant escape from dungeons. Both that and teleportation abilities are available early in the game.

Can't expect much from the storyline, but this can't differ much from the other Gundams' plot. I'll have to play more to find out. So far.. This game is reaally enjoyable. Not up to the standards of Tales, Atelier, Grandia or any of the huge RPGs, but definitely close.

EDIT: Chibi Gundams is <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Scarletdeath; Mar 4, 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:17 AM #5 of 7
I had it marked as "Rent" on Gamefly. It went out of stock the DAY that my return-game got there ;_;

I'll settle with ICO for now. I think I'll manage~

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:16 AM #6 of 7
This is out now? Didn't realize that...

Might end up just renting it today if I can find a copy, since I plan on going to Hollywood Video anyway. Regardless, I can definitely see me buying this afterwards, love Gundam.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:36 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:36 PM #7 of 7
It seems pretty simplistic to me, based on the first half-hour of gameplay. Unless it develops a lot of depth, and quickly, I dunno how long this can keep my interest, when Disgaea 2 is begging me to play it. Other than the mobile suits and the customisation (which is nice) this is an utterly, utterly by-the-numbers RPG, or so it seems.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > MS Saga: A New Dawn