Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Games you regret buying.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 07:01 PM #126 of 132
Now that I remember, Kirby Canvas Curse disappointed me. I knew it wasn't like every other Kiry game and that it was actually an acquired taste. I bought it because word of mouth said it was awesome, but it really didn't click with me. I beat Drawcia and all that was left were goals for perfectionists and speed runners. Not too impressed.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon since I thought that the sheer number of characters would appeal to me no matter how bad the gameplay was. The lack of specific fatalities ruined it for me completely. It's nice to see all the MK characters in 3D, but looks like I only play them for the fatalities. Even the special moves are lacking and the gameplay was clunky and unforgiving.

Gunpey and Gunpey DS bought twice because the presentation is completely different between systems. The gameplay is terribly simple and horribly flawed in the DS version with the simple controls. While on the PSP you had to play for hours upon hours to get new skins. If you die, too bad, start from scratch and play for hours upon hours again. The concept was so braindead simple that not even the trippy visuals could save it for me. Not on par with Lumines or Meteos by a long shot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 09:43 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 07:43 PM #127 of 132
Stretch Panic. I bought it years ago on the cheap but couldn't play it because my PS2 wouldn't read blue discs. I finally played it a couple of days ago and other than the bizarre novelty of the character having a possessed scarf that can grab things and enemies with giagantic boobs, there was nothing else there. Such a shame because it came from Treasure as well.

Eternal Ring for the PS2. Again I bought it very cheaply and it's a From Software first person RPG that is very slow, ugly and of course, lacks analog functionality.

FELIPE NO
Zefier
Breaktime

Member 7533

Level 14.42

May 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:57 PM #128 of 132
I bought Genji: Days of the Blade for the PS3. One of the biggest mistakes I made, as I was trying to give the game a chance despite the reviews. Of course, I had an urge to see the giant crab also, but in the end I never bothered with it. Primarily, staring at a radar 80% of the time is not my definition of fun.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:56 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 10:56 PM #129 of 132
Children of Mana: That game did not hook me in the least. It was a chore to begin with, and got worse as it got harder. It really didn't seem to be going anywhere, no story, no character development, just a random dungeon crawler. I may pull it out during a slow season, but right now, my priorities at the moment shame it in the greatest way.

Nintendogs: You know, it's fun for a little while, but i didn't really see much happening, and as i bought more and more games, it just sort of disappeared into the pile of maybe laters. My sister's played it more than i have, and she despises video games of all sorts. It sounded cool at the time, but it deffinetly wasn't worth the 40 bucks.

Geist: To be fair, i haven't really given it a solid chance yet. I've only actually played it twice, and it was fun, but i just had so much else to do at the time. It was 6 bucks, brand new, so i wasn't really expecting much, when i bought it, but what i did see of it revealed unpolished graphics, and finnicky controls that could use some serious touching up.

Socom 1: I bought this off a friend for like 5 bucks, and frankly i'd rather have the five bucks back. I don't play online ever, and the singler player missions are boring, and hard. I wasn't much of a shooter guy back then. I'm slowly getting into them, so maybe i'll try again some day. But at the moment, it was a waste of a fiver.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 01:30 AM #130 of 132
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent...
I'm glad I only rented that. It's one of those games - like Killzone and Oni - that could've been so much more, if only the developers had put in the work. For Killzone, imagine being able to boot up a mission you've cleared in single-player mode and play it cooperatively online... and yes, this goes for Republic Commando as well. Oni? Bland graphics, but the mechanics were sorta decent; multiplayer could have been a real blast.
But most recent on my list of genuine dishonorable mentions: Just Cause. They tried, really they did; but too many things were done wrong - horrible car handling and inability to sideslip in helicopters, to name two. So, having played through it once, I took it back for credit towards Scarface: The World is Yours.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Exo
Hageln den Fuhrer

Member 14662

Level 3.31

Oct 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 01:38 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 01:38 AM #131 of 132
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. I spent forty-fucking-dollars on this game and it turns out to be shit. Lame storyline, poor gameplay, only thing that made it even half-way decent were the moogles.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FFI / FFS / GFF / FFR /

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Games you regret buying.