Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBOX Live Arcade in 2011 - THERE IS A GAMING GOD!!!!!!!!!

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:16 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2010, 09:46 AM 2 #1 of 5
Radiant Silvergun coming to XBOX Live Arcade in 2011 - THERE IS A GAMING GOD!!!!!!!!!

So I was just checking out some random youtube videos and from time to time I like to watch some gameplay of Radiant Silvergun. Then I came across this video.

YouTube Video

Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

Quote:
Radiant Silvergun for Xbox Live Arcade

What's interesting about the announcement of Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA is that, if you remember, when we spoke with Maegawa two years ago, he was somewhat doubtful that it would happen. At the time, he said that moving the game to the Xbox 360 and enhancing it along the way could require a significant amount of development resources, of which he wasn't sure Treasure wanted to spare. Last year, he went so far as to say that even though Microsoft had requested they bring the game to XBLA, it just wasn't in the cards. So why the change in heart? According to Maegawa, it was because enough Treasure fans had clamored for it -- that they paid attention to the comments on sites like 1UP and ultimately decided to go forward with the project. Because in Maegawa's mind, the game was going to need to be a complete HD re-imagining -- which is not the case now. He said enough fans simply wanted the original game, albeit still spruced up for the 360, but not necessarily completely redone -- that they decided to make it happen.

Instead of pouring lots of efforts into the visuals (though make no mistake, the game has been enhanced -- Maegawa states that they touched things up where appropriate), Treasure instead focused on a new mode, the secret Ikaruga shooting style teased in the trailer. And while he wasn't able to elaborate on the mode too much (it's a secret!), he said most fans of Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga should be able to have a good sense of what it will play like. Interestingly, Maegawa, who is usually very modest about Treasure's work, says he's having a really great time playing the Ikaruga mode -- he says that it's almost like an entirely new game.

I also asked why he felt that Radiant Silvergun is such a beloved game around the world (even though it was previously never even released in the U.S.), and how many consider it to be the greatest shoot-em-up ever made. Maegawa thinks that it's probably because it's not your traditional, straightforward shooter -- when they first set out to make the game, they wanted to come up with something very different. Through things like the chain system, Radiant Silvergun has elements of puzzle games and a lot more strategy to it -- in fact, Maegawa admitted that he was never all that big on shoot-em-ups himself, but what they did with Radiant Silvergun really appealed to him.

I couldn't believe my eyes. They are releasing a HD version of Radiant Silvergun for the XBOX Live Arcade. They have not set any dates, but I get to play something I've always wanted a chance to play. I am so happy XBOX 360 has been taking the lead in releasing a lot of beloved shoot'em ups.

We even got Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury (your fucking right it's missile fury) coming out in 2011 as well.

Next year is going to be an excellent year for games.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:43 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2010, 06:43 AM #2 of 5
Sweet, Day 1 Purchase for me then.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:56 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2010, 04:56 PM 2 3 #3 of 5
Next year is going to be an excellent year for games.
Yeah. A few more re-releases of 10 year old+ games and we could almost have a full blown gaming revival on our hands.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:32 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2010, 10:32 AM #4 of 5
Qwarky's gonna shit himself!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:12 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2010, 10:12 AM #5 of 5

Or maybe he already knew about this and has already wondered how the button layout will be.

Either way this is good news to people who can't play the game on SSF. If only my USB Saturn pad worked on da 360.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Nov 23, 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBOX Live Arcade in 2011 - THERE IS A GAMING GOD!!!!!!!!!