Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:44 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2010, 03:44 AM #26 of 38
All achievements acquired. Just farming rares now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:14 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2010, 04:14 PM #27 of 38
Got the game on day of release but it's kinda disappointing how much the community has changed now, everyone seems to just want to farm rares on dracula, which is dull as hell people be honest, with or without the game breaking blender swords like the Yatsusuna.

I guess right now the game has similar problems to diablo, items bearing no relation to how well you do on a chapter (like people doing jackshit in a chapter then getting better boss drops), newbies being frowned apon, people offering to 'help' them by steamrolling their way through the entire game and the community generally having a bad attitude. Hell just a few minutes ago I formed a team for chapter 2 on hard and the entire room left, not every rare in the game is on the last chapter people -_-

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:15 PM #28 of 38
Yeah, but 90% or more of them are, and practically everyone already had the ones from the earlier levels. Except for Boss souls I got everything of any value from Levels 1-4 Hard after about a week. The problem is more the game does a terrible job of pacing equipment upgrades, and also how they drop (like you mentioned). I probably only upgraded my equipment for the character I mained like 3 or 4 times, everything always came in big jumps. I think they really needed to spread out the drops more, and in retrospect they probably should have added some sort of leveling mechanic. After about a week I had everything for my main character that I would possibly want except for a few rares that are so uber rare that I didn't even consider trying to farm for them. The game is just sort of poorly balanced.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:04 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 02:04 AM #29 of 38

I guess right now the game has similar problems to diablo, items bearing no relation to how well you do on a chapter (like people doing jackshit in a chapter then getting better boss drops)
I am an example of this. Last night, Garr, his buddy, Term, and myself were farming Dracula on Hard for the hell of it. I had a FLAWLESS run, not getting hit once, even at Dracula. Know what I got out of it?

Spoiler:
SUPER FUCKING POTION

Then, yeah, rolled with Jonathan and stayed back a bit because he was weak, and wound up picking up 2 Simon's items. The drop system is definitely retarded. Perhaps when the DLC is released, they will also tweak the drop system a bit (wishful thinking).

I was speaking idiomatically.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:07 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 01:07 PM #30 of 38
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I saw you in a random room SimDaddyGT a while back on a all Somas dracula run. Nothing says fun like a team where 1 guy has yatsusunas and everyone else is using rpgs to take down a final guard =P

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:49 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 09:49 AM #31 of 38
Luck doesn't increase the chance of better chest loot; it is for enemy drops.

6 farm to get winged boots, drac tunic, claimh solais and valmanways. 2 for thief ring, 3 for chaos ring, 5 has death scythe and robe as well as purples can drop yatsusunas. Everything else is up for grabs I suppose.

Oh, nebula drops on 4 hard, Satan ring on 6 normal.

FELIPE NO
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:10 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2010, 01:10 AM #32 of 38
Is that so? I heard that it increases the chances of rares on non boss related treasure chests. I could be wrong though I mean this games not even been out a month and people are still trying to figure these things out

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:20 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2010, 10:20 PM #33 of 38
Dunno. Gamefaqs is still tackling with the issue.

But for all I know, I got yasutsunas with 5 luck on purple chests, so really, the debate rages on.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:33 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2010, 12:33 PM #34 of 38
5 yatsusunas? o_O considering I aim for about 12 luck at the very least on item farming and haven't seen any yet... I think I might try your low luck method.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:57 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2010, 10:57 PM #35 of 38
Trying out the 7th stage right now, theres 2 new enemies (including the boss) 2 new souls for soma but I've not seen the boss soul yet and 1 spell for charlotte. It's a variation on the pyramid stage from Portrait of Ruin, the layout is fairly straight forward once you get used to it until you get to the boss that is... then any male characters become the bosses bitch from her charm attack unless you're good at dodging. On the plus side however, it's pretty funny to see Soma and Alucard players who once thought they were god tier to be brought to their knees from charm spells.

Any word on the dlc characters? Because I haven't seen them anywhere for some odd reason x.x

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:33 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2010, 01:33 AM #36 of 38
Ones that can evade Ashtarte's charm spells for all I know are Soma and Alucard. Definitely a challenge using dual Valmanways against Ashtarte who is only vulnerable against light-based spells. Yatsusunas are even worse; not even going to bother.

Delta Spark is alright, I suppose. Playing female definitely helps but I like a bit of a challenge. All those 1-damage for 2 then using the witch spell for Soma will take more than 10 minutes but hell, it is satisfying.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:38 AM Local time: Oct 15, 2010, 01:38 PM #37 of 38
Johnathen can use his dash attack I think it's called sonic strike? To dodge the hearts too but it's pretty risky, the only uniform strategy seems to be stay behind her and (with careful timing) jump up where the first heart appears when she casts charm, everything should pass straight by you.

Turns out the new Chapter does have some exploits despite Konamis efforts, common tatics include Alucards misting through doors, leaving at least one person outside of the boss arena to hold the door or even Charlottes casting heal from just underneath because the spell can pass through walls. It's a strange boss she doesn't look that dangerous, but with the choas that goes on in multiplayer it becomes sometimes much harder to watch her attack pattern.

Also no sign of the dlc... well unless you count some music that should have been in the game to begin with =P this is getting like borderline trolling imo, maybe they're holding out until the end of October to release the long overdue new characters?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:56 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2010, 03:56 PM #38 of 38
Jonathan is way too risky unless the timing is real great. Soma can avoid the hearts by using the Medusa Head soul and jumping above her head when you hear the cue she is about to cast it. With Alucard, just mist.

All punch weapons are effective against her, so with Soma, it's usually the Kaiser Knuckles; Alucard with the Fist of Tulkas. Charlotte can just abuse the Energy Light spell while Shanoa can use her stone fists and her usual spells. Jonathan could use his blunt subweapons (guessing his ball and chain usually).

But the drop rates are the same, so chances of high replayability is off the window.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Castlevania: Harmony of Despair