Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Achievement Hunting

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:20 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2009, 11:20 AM #26 of 61
The only achievement that I absolutely want to get is the "Brass Balls" achievement in Bioshock. (Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber) It's worth 100G and since I really don't get tired of playing that game, it would be one that I'd like to do before I, you know, get shot in a drive-by or something.

Also, someday my friends and I will do the "Bladder of Steel Award" achievement in Rock Band 2. (Complete The Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing. Sure it's only 25G but, goddamnit, we can do it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:11 AM #27 of 61
Also, someday my friends and I will do the "Bladder of Steel Award" achievement in Rock Band 2. (Complete The Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing. Sure it's only 25G but, goddamnit, we can do it.
I know it's not really fair but it's easy if you just have someone to rotate the guitar with you.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Out thought and out fought."
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:08 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 08:08 AM #28 of 61
That already occurred to us but no one else around here is good on the guitar on Expert.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:12 AM #29 of 61
Seems like it would be easier to get that achievement on vocals.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:21 AM #30 of 61
That already occurred to us but no one else around here is good on the guitar on Expert.
Um... you don't have to play on Expert. It can be on Medium and you'll still get the achievement.

Most amazing jew boots

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:28 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 08:28 AM #31 of 61
Um... you don't have to play on Expert. It can be on Medium and you'll still get the achievement.
Yeah but there's also achievements for beating the Endless Setlist alone. It's worth 50G on Expert and also gives you the ones for Hard and Medium if you beat it on Expert. (They're 30G and 20G respectively) If I'm doing this, I'm going all out on it.

Seems like it would be easier to get that achievement on vocals.
Again, I want to do it on Expert and I'm not nowhere near that good at singing. I'm good on the guitar.

FELIPE NO
Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:10 PM #32 of 61
I don't know if it works with an online band or not, but I can play through any song on expert if you guys are good enough to keep me afloat during some of the really nasty segments. Is it every single song on the endless setlist?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:25 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 05:25 PM #33 of 61
Issue with attempting that one online is that if for any reason your Internet hiccups during the 7-8 hours required to play all the stock Rock Band 2 songs then you're fucked and all that effort will have been for nothing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:15 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 01:15 PM #34 of 61
Yeah but there's also achievements for beating the Endless Setlist alone. It's worth 50G on Expert and also gives you the ones for Hard and Medium if you beat it on Expert. (They're 30G and 20G respectively) If I'm doing this, I'm going all out on it. .
I don't know where you heard that doing it alone gives you extra achievements. That is nowhere near the truth. However, you are correct in the Medium and Hard clear achievements being binded to the Expert clear one. It is, however, easier if you do it alone, because if you had another band member, he/she, too would have to play on Expert, or you would not get the Platinum.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:54 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 07:54 PM #35 of 61
Oh yeah, Fusion Frenzy 2 is another one I'd like to mop up, too, if anyone else was as dumb as me to buy that.
I was dumb enough. I was looking for a simple multiplayer game for me and my girlfriend to have some stupid fun with. It was very, very cheap. I now realise why. Few people will pay for torture.

I can't even bring myself to concentrate hard enough to actually do well at the minigames. Just exactly what would we need to do in order to boost the achievements for that game? If we can get it done fairly quickly, I'm probably up for it... although it's definitely not worth the effort, I'll do it anyway.

Anyone interested in boosting the GTA IV achievements with me? I've already done a lot of the singleplayer stuff, so I figure might as well try to add the multiplayer achievements if possible. Only thing is, I don't really enjoy playing the game online. At all.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 04:04 PM #36 of 61
Just like many of us in this thread, I'm available for Castle Crashers and Rock Band 2 point whoring. In particular, the Bachman-Turner achievement in RB2, since it's no fun restricting my RL friends' experiences just for points. It already felt silly forcing them to do the Savior achievement.

Lesser known ones I need assistance with would be for Battle Fantasia and Fusion Frenzy 2, mainly because no one plays them online, so those achievements seem sealed off to me :/

This probably doesn't count as much so, but Final Fantasy XI for party purposes 8-|

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 05:06 PM #37 of 61
Well, you two let me know when you want to boost Fuzion Frenzy 2, I'm up for it anytime this weekend.

Also, I'd be willing to help with any GH2/GH3/GHWT/RB/RB2 achievements that you guys think can be done.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 05:07 PM #38 of 61
Fuzion Frenzy 2 doesn't take as long to boost as you'd think. I did it with Kagosin back at the beginning of the summer. It would be even easier if the three of you did it together since there would only be one computer player to block from winning then. The only really annoying part is the achievement for winning an online tournament. That's two planets at minimum, and you can't skip the wonderful announcer in that mode.

Also, my 360 RROD'd so it'll be a few weeks before I'm available for Castle Crashers whoring.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 05:51 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2009, 11:51 PM #39 of 61
Well, you two let me know when you want to boost Fuzion Frenzy 2, I'm up for it anytime this weekend.
Works for me, my GT is Soluzar just like my forum username. Add me and I'll be available at the weekend as well!

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 06:06 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 12:06 AM #40 of 61

Also, I'd be willing to help with any GH2/GH3/GHWT/RB/RB2 achievements that you guys think can be done.
I've got none of the GH3 and World Tour online achievements but I'm also not that good at the games, Medium is about my limit, although I can hard mode a few of the bass parts. Also, my Xbox is off getting fixed so I won't have for it for at least a couple of weeks.

When I get it back, I never got the achievements for being player 2 in Gears of War co-op and I'd love to finish Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on Realistic and get the being player 2 ones in that. I just can't do the refiney in the dark mission on my own, too many snipers.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 06:39 PM #41 of 61
Also up for the weekend, and also same Gamertag circumstances (Summonmaster). =D

Originally Posted by Tritoch
you can't skip the wonderful announcer in that mode.
Are you serious? The announcer made my friends and I want to shoot our heads off. I'm having doubts about enduring this achievement now.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2009, 06:52 PM #42 of 61
Are you serious? The announcer made my friends and I want to shoot our heads off. I'm having doubts about enduring this achievement now.
It's quite not as bad as you'd think, really. That one achievement is worth 100G too, so at least you're well rewarded for enduring the announcer. Just make sure the right person wins while boosting (easy with 3 people, not hard with 2) and there won't be a problem.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:42 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 08:42 AM #43 of 61
I don't know where you heard that doing it alone gives you extra achievements. That is nowhere near the truth. However, you are correct in the Medium and Hard clear achievements being binded to the Expert clear one.
That's actually what I meant. I didn't mean to say that if you pull the one-man-band act you get the achievements but that if you pull off the expert achievement alone you get the rest of them automatically. Unlike that GHIII where you have to play through the game on every level to get them. I TRIED to beat it on easy but I kept falling asleep.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:32 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 06:32 PM 11 #44 of 61
Thanks for talking about the bladder of steel achievement. You assholes just inspired me to make my first attempt at it. Of course I started just after I downed a Pepsi. Of course I am playing drums, on hard (there are several songs I can't complete on expert). I make an effort to minimize my movements, to preserve energy for the later songs, the ones that are nasty even on hard.

In the mid-30s, my shoulders begin to tighten. No biggie, I will just use my wrists. They are strong, from years of mast whoa I mean from playing lots of drums. I press on. Soon, I notice that at my current pace, I will rub a blister on my right hand from holding the stick. I grab a soft detailing cloth that I normal use to clean my car's interior and wrap it around the stick. Awesome, problem solved.

Around song 50, I realize that I will have to piss soon. I weighed my options, and shot a quick glance at the empty detergent bottle near my trash can. "No, that's silly." I knew that I could use the knowledge of the game's songs to my advantage. I knew that at that point, I still had not played AC/DC's Let There Be Rock. It features a very long "big rock ending". That would be my only chance.

Around song 60, I get AC/DC. I play the last note before the big rock ending and sprint to the bathroom. I hear the song end and the next one will begin shortly. I am still not through. I heard the next song begin. "It is the Rush song! It has a relatively long intro that involves almost no drums!" Luck was clearly on my side.

As the setlist drags on, my shoulders, right forearm, and right ankle are not feeling real good, but I had come this far, I was not giving up easily. In the early 70s, I can almost taste victory. By this point, I had dominated and had not even come close to failing a song. I knew that the last few songs, though, were rough, even on hard. In the late 70s, they throw Mastadon and something about a Shoulder to the Plow at me, no problems. I know that all I have left is Judas Priest, Metallica, Dream Theatre, and some crap song called Visions.

Metallica comes first. It took me a bit to get the timing down on the main drum part, so there is a minor scare here, as my bar gets down around halfway. I had been hoarding star power during each song since the mid-70s, and this one was no different. I was in good shape. Next is Visions. I grab a couple of early star powers before the true bullshit starts on this song. It is a good thing too, as I almost failed out, then hit start power and saved myself. Visions is down.

Only Judas Priest and Dream Theatre to go. Panic Attack is up first. Fun fact: I have only completely this song once, but I haven't played it since. I hoard my star power, have a slight scare in the middle of the song, but make it through, star power unused. Song is done. Judas Priest? Pff, that song is easy. Nothing close to a scare here, game over, achievements unlocked.

Now I'm laying on my couch, beer in hand, trying to rest my clearly out of shape body. It took roughly 5 and a half hours I think.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:59 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 07:59 PM #45 of 61
I must say, russ, Congratulations on your accomplishment. Playing drums is no easy task, and getting the Bladder of Steel achievement via drums is definitely not any easier. Doesn't even matter that you played it on Hard.

My hand-foot-eye coordination is horrible, so I don't even bother with drums, unless there's an achievement in a game that simply says "beat a career on drums on any difficulty".

Now you just gotta worry about getting the Platinum Artist achievement.

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 08:17 PM #46 of 61
Nice story russ. My friend who plays drums with us had to stop multiple times to rest when we did the Rock Band 1 endless set on hard, so for you to go through a longer setlist on hard without a break is impressive.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2009, 05:48 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2009, 10:48 AM #47 of 61
You mental bastard russ, good work.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:47 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2009, 10:47 AM #48 of 61
I'm willing to bet that in the instruction manual for that game it recommends taking regular, short breaks while playing. You probably have grounds to sue them for the RSI you've just inflicted on yourself.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:48 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2009, 01:48 PM #49 of 61
Oh hey, thanks for letting me know you were gonna try it, russ. You asshole.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:00 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2009, 07:00 PM #50 of 61
This. Color me an idiot for purchasing the unlock code for the Resident Evil 5 Versus modes, but it sounded fun at the time. Would you believe that of the achievements the modes came with, the "natural progression" achievements are the hardest to get?

For four of the new achievements, you are required to win each Versus mode 30 times. The matches can get pretty lengthy when people start hitting the time bonuses, so not including time spent looking for a game with nothing less than three bars and hanging in a lobby waiting for more players to show up, you're looking at at least ten minutes per game. When it's all said and done, you could very well be robbed of your victory by a ragequitting host in solo games and any one of the other three players ragequitting in team games, if only to prevent you from taking the win. It's poor game design for these modes, and it also really hinders anyone trying to get these achievements legit.

Even if you were able to get a group together to boost these achievements, you're still looking at a minimum of five minutes per game if nobody hits the time bonuses or scores any melee kills in Slayers. It translates to two and a half hours of game time, which isn't so bad in team games since two people can get the achievements at the same time, but I can imagine it'll get pretty boring for everyone else waiting for the one guy to get his 30 in the solo games.

That's just an example of the bullshit behind online achievements, not that it's the best example since I think only three people in the world picked up the unlock code in the first place, but there you go.

I'd be willing to help with whatever, provided I have the game in the first place. PM me either here or on Live and ask me.
One game: Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

Cue ragemode.

Also have Castle Crashers still and will boost achieves. Otherwise most games with MP achieves can just rot on the ground, I don`t give a flying fuck.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Achievement Hunting