Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Official XBLA thread. Complain about the new price points but buy the garbage anyway!

CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 01:16 PM #26 of 466
So I finally managed to get the Ace Achievement on Aegis Wing, is there any talk of perhaps an Aegis Wing 2? I wouldn't mind paying for it either if they ever decide to make one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2007, 12:55 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2007, 11:55 PM #27 of 466
Wednesday is Band of Bugs.

Originally Posted by GSB
Band of Bugs Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade This Wednesday
posted Monday, June 18, 2007 9:01 AM by johnporcaro

A brand new turn-based tactical strategy game is coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday. The third Xbox LIVE Arcade title from NinjaBee, “Band of Bugs” will be available for download beginning Wednesday, June 20th at 9 a.m. GMT (2 a.m. PDT). Available worldwide, “Band of Bugs” can be downloaded for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

From the media alert:

Game Features

* Choose to play through a story-based campaign, stand-alone missions or skirmishes
o Story-based campaign: Action and adventure in a single-player campaign story! Follow the adventures of young Maal as he leads an elite team of bug warriors to protect the kingdom from evil insect enemies.
o Stand-alone missions: Try your hand at one of these unique single-level scenarios. These short battles include a background story, unique events and custom goals.
o Skirmish: Test your skills on a variety of individual maps, including custom maps designed by the player with the in-game editor! Select a game type (Elimination, Capture, or Escape) and choose to control any party in the battle to demonstrate your superior tactical skill.
* Four unique multiplayer modes for up to 4 players either locally or over Xbox LIVE, including:
o Elimination: The first team to lose all the bugs in one party loses the battle!
o Capture: Capture (or defend) a strong point.
o Escape: Reach an escape point, or stop the enemy from reaching it.
o Mission: A unique scenario with custom story, events, and goals.

* Challenge friends to Spider Hunter, a more relaxed game that allows up to 8 people to join and leave on the fly!
* Use the game’s built-in level editor to design your own custom scenarios for play against others over Xbox LIVE (a first for an Xbox LIVE Arcade game!)

* Xbox LIVE Vision camera support in all Xbox LIVE multiplayer modes.

* Mystery leaderboard where players earn points for items they are not told about – Players can check the board and figure out what will help them get to the top of the leaderboard!
* Earn up to 200 Gamerscore and 12 Achievements.
God, I seriously thought Carcassone was gonna be this week. Ah, well. This looks pretty cool too. And before you ask, the other games they did was Cloning Clyde, and Outpost Kaloki X.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:26 AM #28 of 466
Turn-based tactical strategy game? SHIT I hope they don't fuck this up, I love that style of game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2007, 03:57 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2007, 02:57 AM #29 of 466
It's weird. I first heard about this game a *while* ago (when it was known as Bugs of War), but I didn't realize until sometime last week that it was close to completion. There was a small article on it in IGN or something. I was under the impression that we wouldn't see it for a while, ala Castle Crashers or something.

Looks potentially really awesome, if the level editor is as powerful and easy to use as it's being said it is.

Achievement list:

Quote:
Achievement - Description - Gamerscore
Recruit - Completed the tutorial - 10
Skilled - Used 25 skills or spells - 20
Let Loose the Bugs of War - Completed the single-player campaign - 40
Tactical Maneuvers - Earned five of every hit bonus type outside of the tutorials - 20
Wet Bug Smell - Defeated an opponent by knocking him into the water - 15
Big Game Hunter - Showed Barbarians up in food hunt - 10
Third Time's the Charm - Won three multiplayer games - 5
Gold Digging Ants - Earned 20 gold medals - 20
Spider Tamer - Earned 30 points in a single Spider Hunter game - 10
Ice Maker - Froze 50 water tiles - 15
Good Host - Hosted 10 multiplayer games - 15
Bouncer - Won a scenario by knocking all opponents out of playable area - 20

I was speaking idiomatically.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:06 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2007, 08:06 PM #30 of 466
I really am the only one talking in most of these 360 threads, aren't I?

Aw well, one of two pieces of next week's content has been announced. And no, it's not the game. Instead, we've got Lumines Content.

Originally Posted by Gamespot
A new wave of updates for Lumines Live! is set to hit Xbox Live Marketplace next Wednesday, and Q Entertainment will be using it, at least in part, to promote a global cause.

From June 27 to July 17, Q will donate a portion of the revenue generated by the SOS Charity Campaign Pack to climate protection organizations and causes. Featured in the pack will be a remixed version of Genki Rockets' "Heavenly Rocket" skin, as well as "House66" by Sugiurumn, "4x4 Bricks" by Techriders, and "Cosmic Humming" by Muku. The skin pack will run for 350 Microsoft points ($4.37).

Benevolence aside, an update for Lumines Live!'s challenge mode will also be available next Wednesday. The booster pack will inject 20 new skins into the rhythm game. Of note from the new content is a specially designed skin featuring the work of artist/musicisan Masakatsu Takagi. The booster pack will cost 600 Microsoft points ($7.50).

Also available will be four new picture packs that feature five different avatars each, as well as the game's Xbox Live theme pack, designed by game art director Katsumi Yokota. Each picture pack runs for 100 Microsoft points ($1.25), while Theme Pack 1 will cost gamers 150 Microsoft points ($1.87).
While no one gives a shit about the gamerpics and stuff, the new challenge skin pack and the new artist pack might be interesting. Does anyone know anything about these artists?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 07:37 AM #31 of 466
Has anyone actually tried the Band of Bugs multiplayer? The single player demo was enough to pique my interest, and a good multiplayer would seal the deal for me.

Also loling at Lumines milking even more cash from the saps that bought it.

FELIPE NO
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:55 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2007, 11:55 AM #32 of 466
Hey skills do you know when bomberman is coming cause it looks pretty sweet and i cnt wait to pick it up

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:39 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2007, 11:39 AM #33 of 466
Also loling at Lumines milking even more cash from the saps that bought it.
I'll probably end up buying it, actually. I really, really like Lumines Live. I've tricked myself into thinking it's a full priced piece of software available through the Marketplace, and even though that's not true it's the justification I use to not feel bad about buying it. Besides, it's easily my most played arcade game and according to some stat tracking pages, like my fifth most playe game over all.

Still, the prices are ri-fucking-diculous. You think they would have learned from the last batch, since Puzzle/VS. CPU/Genki Rockets didn't sell a whole fuck ton. At 600 for both they'd be a no brainer, but for 950 it's seriously pushing it. That's like 15 bucks Canadian.

Originally Posted by Lazyguy
Hey skills do you know when bomberman is coming cause it looks pretty sweet and i cnt wait to pick it up
I really, really wish I could tell you. I don't want to take an official guess, since I've been wrong the last two weeks. Carcassonne is basically done and just sitting in the pipeline. I seriously thought it would show two weeks ago, but I've been wrong on both counts. It could be this coming week, I just don't know anymore. For all we know it could be EXIT or Sensible World of Soccer.

As for Bomberman, It'll be July sometime, I imagine. Hopefully the first week of it, but we'll see.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 06:29 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2007, 06:29 PM #34 of 466
I dwnloaded band of bugs today and i think its a pretty good turn based strategy game. The graphics are pretty good and the setup works great. The story is kinda goofy but still kinda funny. Achievements are easy to get and online/mulitplayer is pretty fun(specially pushing your friends off the map). Its a good game id recommend getting it for anybody who was wondering.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 09:12 AM #35 of 466
Did anyone else buy Carcossonne yet? I played a few matches last night, and I think it's my new favorite arcade game. It's completely different from Catan, and the game moves a lot faster too. Definitely one of those games that's easy to pick up but difficult to master.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 01:11 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 12:11 PM #36 of 466
Originally Posted by GSB
Missile Command Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday
posted Monday, July 02, 2007 9:01 AM by johnporcaro

I spent a lot of money on this one as a kid. I've long since recovered from the blisters spinning the arcade ball, and the quarters I spent back then could have paid for my kids' college tuitions. I can't wait to try out this enhanced version coming from Atari.

From the media alert:

“Missile Command” will be available worldwide for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Game Features

* Beautifully rendered 3D graphics and updated music and sound effects
* Up to two players can play together locally or over Xbox LIVE
* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points

More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.
Oh, boooooooo.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jul 30, 2007 at 09:53 PM.
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:42 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 03:42 PM #37 of 466
I don't know, that game might be fun to play again. Though, it would be better priced at 200MS Points...

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:58 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 01:58 PM #38 of 466
Didn't make an entry this week because of E3 and because the games were so bullshit. This week, we had Sonic and Golden Axe. Woulda been swell if, y'know, these weren't on every compilation disc known to man already. So, :noonecares:.

However, here's where :EVERYONECARES:. Major Nelson has said "Sup bitches, Bomberman's next week."

Fuck. Yes.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 03:17 PM #39 of 466
Poor Yie Ar Kung Fu. Totally blown away by Bomberman. Why would anyone buy that anyway, if it's the same title that's on the Konami Arcade Classics DS? Completely worthless.

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:55 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 08:55 PM #40 of 466
After Wing Commander last week with Super Contra, we've got Spyglass Board Games and Marathon this week. Frackin' awesome.

Originally Posted by GSB
Marathon: Durandal and Spyglass Board Games Coming to XBLA
posted Monday, July 30, 2007 9:00 AM by johnporcaro

This week, we have two anticipated titles coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade, Marathon Durandal, and Spyglass Board Games. Both will come to Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this Wednesday, August 1, beginning at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. Pacific).

Marathon: Durandal
ESRB Rating M (Mature)
800 Microsoft Points
Available Worldwide

MarathonDurandal_screenshot8

Seventeen years ago, you survived a vicious Pfhor assault on the U.E.S.C. Marathon. Now you have been awakened by the enigmatic, sentient A.I. called Durandal and sent to an alien world to uncover the mysteries of their advanced technology. In Marathon: Durandal, armed with only a pistol, you are humanity’s last champion!

* Epic story: Exclusive to Xbox LIVE® Arcade, Marathon: Durandal is a cult classic first-person shooter (FPS) that continues the tradition of great gameplay while remaining faithful to the spirit of Bungie lore as the predecessor to the Halo franchise.
* Upgraded visuals: All images in the game have been redrawn in high definition.
* Modern networking: Marathon: Durandal features a new modern networking layer built with Xbox LIVE in mind.
* Superior control: The redesigned controls take full advantage of the Xbox 360 Controller and enhance playing a first-person shooter on a home console.
* For more details on “Marathon: Durandel”, please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/ma...boxlivearcade/.

Freeverse is a registered trademark of Freeverse, Inc.

Spyglass Board Games
ESRB Rating E (Everyone)
400 Microsoft Points
Available Worldwide

Spyglass_screenshot9

Spyglass Board Games offers a fun new take on classic board games, like Chess, Checkers, Mancala, and Reversi. Play and chat socially on Xbox LIVE®, or play against the computer. Use the Xbox LIVE Vision camera to personalize the game board, playing pieces, and video effects. Each game has custom pieces to choose from, such as a rook made of stone, or a furry checkers piece with cute gleaming eyes. Make each game your very own!

* Full featured games: Four classic board games to choose from. Play Chess, Checkers, Mancala, or Reversi.
* Video integration with Xbox LIVE Vision camera: Fully integrated video chat lets you see your opponent. Use the video effects to personalize your game.
* Customizable pieces: Choose custom game pieces that range from traditional marble, to metallic silver, to fuzzy and wiggling gel.
* Twelve achievements: Twelve achievements are offered ranging from easy, such as playing all four games, to more challenging, such as taking all four corners in Reversi.
* For more game details on “Spyglass Board Games”, please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sp...boxlivearcade/.

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:43 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 10:43 AM #41 of 466
Track and Field today. Yeah, THAT Track and Field. I'm as uninterested as you are.

Quote:
Track and Field Coming This Wednesday

This Wednesday, you can log virtual track time and give your fingers and thumbs a workout with “Track & Field” from Konami. Originally released in 1983, Track & Field was an arcade smash. The updated version for Xbox LIVE Arcade features the same button mashing game mechanic as the original, and now allows for up to four player multiplayer competition on one Xbox 360 or over Xbox LIVE. The game will be available to download on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, August 8 beginning at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).

Track & Field
400 Microsoft Points
ESRB Rating E (for Everyone)

On your mark! Get set! Go! The world title is on the line and you have to compete in 6 events to cement your legacy as a World Champion. Race in the 100 Meter Dash and 110 meter hurdles, test your skills with the Javelin and Hammer Throw, and hop to it with the Long Jump and High Jump. Global rankings will compare your skills to see where you truly rank in the world.

* Authentic original gameplay of the arcade classic
* Up to 4 player gameplay over Xbox LIVE Arcade
* Players can chose to play with either the authentic original graphics or the enhanced graphics including new sprite, backgrounds and special effects
* Original arcade split screen multiplayer allows up to 4 players to compete at once
* Xbox LIVE Versus Mode allows up to 4 players to compete online
* 12 achievements worth 200 gamer points

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:15 PM #42 of 466
Rest of August should definitely be more interesting.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:53 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 11:53 AM #43 of 466
The rest of August is War World, Ecco, and Hexic 2. We're not getting Puzzlefighter or anything terribly awesome for a bit, now. (Not entirely discounting any of those games, but they certainly aren't on my must buy list)

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:34 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 01:34 PM #44 of 466
The only thing on that list I could see myself buying is Hexic 2, mainly because I didn't have Hexic on my 360 (core at first), even though I've played it numerous times.

Damnit, Capcom, WHERE'S MY SSF2T??? Psikyo, WHERE'S MY STRIKERS 1945 SERIES???

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:52 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2007, 10:52 AM #45 of 466
War World looks fairly exciting, I think.

Have anyone got Spyglas Games? I could see myself playing this, but then again...

Nukkus
Banned

Member 1724

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2007, 06:02 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2007, 08:02 AM #46 of 466
On the topic of Marathon, anyone who wants to play the rest of the trilogy should look here: http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2007, 01:26 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2007, 06:26 PM #47 of 466
Did anyone else buy Carcossonne yet? I played a few matches last night, and I think it's my new favorite arcade game. It's completely different from Catan, and the game moves a lot faster too. Definitely one of those games that's easy to pick up but difficult to master.
I picked up a copy of Carcossonne on XBLA after a mate of mine brought round a copy of the board game. It's good fun and really addictive. As you say, easy to pick up but takes a while before you start working out the best strategies. I like games like that.

Anyone else excited about Speedball 2 getting an XBLA release. I used to love that game. I so hope it has aged well.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:05 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2007, 02:05 AM #48 of 466
Damnit, Capcom, WHERE'S MY SSF2T??? Psikyo, WHERE'S MY STRIKERS 1945 SERIES???
Holy shit yes! I can't wait to play shmups with that dpad.

Anyway, that does sound like an awesome thing. Needs more Ikaruga, however. I never did spend a lot of time in that game (10-15 hours?) and I didn't 1cc it. I hope the achievements are something good, and not "absorb x amount of bullets" or "defeat x boss within x time".

In other news, Bomberman LIVE is the best game available on XBLA. Any questions? Apart from abuse of dangerous bomb + full fire, I find nothing wrong with it. At all. Hell I don't give a shit if someone has remote control bombs, at least it won't dominate 75% of the map in one blow.

But fucking awesome game. I mean, they even included color mode (oh, I'm sorry, I mean "zombie" mode) where you have to take over as many floor panels as possible. Excellent shit.

Speaking of Bomberman, this game seems to attract a decent amount of girl gamers. They aren't very good though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Parn
Tune in... Turn on... Drop out!

Member 2802

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:25 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2007, 10:25 AM #49 of 466
Since you mentioned Ikaruga, I wonder what the chances are of Radiant Silvergun also showing up. Silvergun was the the better game of the two, and with Saturn emulation having approached a point where that game is now 99% accurate, it seems really feasible to me.

And where the hell is Every Extend Extra Extreme? Mizaguchi said it's coming to XBLA months ago and all we've seen so far is a hint of it in an E3 video. I also hope Rez makes an XBLA appearance too.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2007, 02:11 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2007, 07:11 PM #50 of 466
In other news, Bomberman LIVE is the best game available on XBLA. Any questions? Apart from abuse of dangerous bomb + full fire, I find nothing wrong with it. At all. Hell I don't give a shit if someone has remote control bombs, at least it won't dominate 75% of the map in one blow.
Thing is, dangerous bomb is dangerous to everyone, including the person who lays it. I don't think it makes someone unbeatable at all. But yeah, definitely an awesome game.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Official XBLA thread. Complain about the new price points but buy the garbage anyway!