Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Kinect

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:46 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2012, 07:46 PM #1 of 8
Kinect

With the price coming down to £80 on Boxing Day, I bought myself a Kinect. My living room is just about big enough although it works way better now I have it on a shelf above the tv, rather than on the table in front of it. Being as tall as I am means it struggled to see my head.

Anyway, it's a pretty cool gadget. The voice control stuff is largely pointless, navigating menus with a controller is hardly an effort, likewise gesture control is pretty silly but the games I've got for it are all pretty good fun.

Kinect Adventures that comes with it is a lot of jumping up and down mainly and pretty tiring, but fun with someone to play against. The Rabbids game is awesome, as are all of them only now you don't have to grapple with the sketchy Wii-mote controls and there's a game where you have to headbutt a rabbid as fast as possible which is utter win. Rise of Nightmares I only tried briefly so far but punching zombies is the best way to kill them, I've enjoyed what little I played. Finally, Child of Eden is fucking amazing. Like Rez only better, which means it's about the best game ever.

So does anyone else have a Kinect and what games are worth getting? Any issues with it at all? I noticed when playing Space Marine online today that the default setting is for the Kinect to act as a mic when online which means every game with Kinect owners in has horrific echo of the game as each device picks up the sounds and plays them back to everyone. Other than that though, I'd say it's worth what I paid for it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:11 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2012, 09:11 AM #2 of 8
I just got a Kinect (yesterday) and it came with Kinect Adventures and Dance Central. My wife and I played it all night and she loved it! I'm hoping that this will influence her to try out non-casual games in the future. I have no idea what other kinect games I should get for casual gaming (for my wife and my housemates), but I hope there will be recommendations in this thread.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:35 PM #3 of 8
Dance Central is a must if you're into rhythm games of the sort.

I also hear The Gunstringer is a great rail shooter as well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:52 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2012, 06:52 AM #4 of 8
DC and DC2 are fantastic (2 better than 1). Great workout, great gameplay, etc.

Gunstringer is fun, I need to sit down and actually finish the game. Only problem is its single player.

Fruit Ninja Kinect is lots of arm flailing fun.

Haven't touched Kinect Sports 1 or 2

Kinect Adventures is alright for a casual get together kinda game.

Most other games are either random dancing games or fitness games. They really need to release more games for this thing.

The voice commands are better with metro, which is the only positive I can give to metro.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:13 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2012, 10:13 PM #5 of 8
Child of Eden is fucking amazing, especially if you liked Rez. Rise of Nightmares is actually good fun too and hilariously knackering when you get swarmed by zombies. I'd have bought more games for mine but because there aren't so many (I imagine) they seem to hold their prices longer than normal games. You can already pick up Mass Effect 3 for 75% or RRP in most shops whereas Kinectimals is a similar price, months and months after it came out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:58 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2012, 08:58 AM #6 of 8
I just got Kinect Sports 2 yesterday and have yet to try it. I heard it's basically Wii Sports without the Wiimote. We'll see.

I still can't understand how playing Mass Effect 3 using the Kinect can be considered fun. Probably when I get to try it I'll find out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:39 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2012, 04:39 PM #7 of 8
The Kinect Sports games are both pretty fun and must-haves for party gaming if you get a group of people round. Dance Central is also a really solid game if you like rhythm stuff. Best Kinect game I've played is Child of Eden though, hands down.

By the way Vemp the ME3 Kinect integration is just for voice. You can issue voice commands to trigger powers (either Shepards or his squad mates). You can also use it to trigger dialogue options and open doors, that kind of thing, but it's much easier to just use regular controls then. It does work pretty well though and I found saying "Cryo Blast" sort-of-thing much easier and quicker than holding RB and then selecting the right power and hitting A.

Forza 4 has Kinect integration by the way, and you might amuse yourself for all of 30 seconds holding your hands up like you're holding a steering wheel, but that's about it.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:35 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2012, 12:35 PM #8 of 8
Halo Anniversary has it too with voice commands for pretty much everything plus the weird analysing thing that works as a highly effective form of night vision if nothing else.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Kinect