Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Fable III: Join the Revolution (in farting)

Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:27 AM #1 of 7
Thumbs up Fable III: Join the Revolution (in farting)

No thread on this amazing game pretty much means GFF is over. I'm gonna go ahead and update this shortly with all of the amazing shit you can do in this GOTY contender. If I say it's good, it is, so I highly recommend going out and grabbing a copy right now.

Currently 4 hours in and it's already blown away. More to come.

PS- You get money for selling black people as slaves.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:01 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2010, 05:01 AM #2 of 7
Last post was October 24th. You know why? This game is a fucking awful, buggy mess.

And I am saying that as someone who loved Fable 2. This one is garbage. Don't buy it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:34 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2010, 03:34 PM #3 of 7
I keep hearing about these bugs, but the only one I've actually run into is the Jasper don't talk no mo bug. Which is getting fixed in the update on friday. Mostly the only issue with it I've seen is that it is a thoroughly middling game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:57 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2010, 02:57 PM #4 of 7
Having to hear John Cleese try and shill dye packs and shitty armor every time I try to look at something is enough to make me not like Fable 3, but having two game-breaking bugs happen to me in short succession made me hate it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2010, 02:43 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2010, 09:43 PM #5 of 7
My Jasper hasn't talked since I gained access to Mourningwood. Which isn't so bad since I haven't needed him to give any important quest commentary to me. But what is really irritating for me is that I no longer receive random items from dive spots, chests, and dig spots. If it's quest related or holds a legendary weapon, it seems to be ok. But other than that, not getting any items at all. Even if I do co-op in my world, the person with me receives the item rather than myself.

Oh yeah and other than that all my kids are unhappy and never rise above "fine" no matter how many gifts I give them. Playing as a extreme pure/good character, upkeep @ 1000 for all, luxury furniture, frequent visits...nothing.

It's a neat game and I like my Hero, but for me, just doesn't beat II at all. Interaction is a pain, playing landlord is a pain, I hate relationship quests. Combat seems like it flows less/is less effective. Multiplayer works far better but I find myself barely using it unlike II. I used to sit in the town square and just shout out deals/trades to people.

Apart from multiplayer the main things I actually like are the fact that the characters don't get retardedly ugly just by leveling up. My hero in II was one-star strength through the whole game yet somehow still feels stronger than my hero in III. I also like The Sanctuary because I don't need to navigate menus that lag everytime I choose ANYTHING.

I was speaking idiomatically.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:20 AM #6 of 7
I've been disappointed with it so far. Some of the design choices are just awful--whose idea was it to have no visible health bar? Being able to do only one randomly selected action at a time is terrible too--maybe I *don't* want to do the Dirty Dancing finishing move with the old man blacksmith just to get a discount!

Plus, the lack of a childhood chapter really cuts out the only character development the Fable games have ever had--in Fable II, I cared a lot more about Rose and Barnum after seeing them in the prologue.

As for bugs, my glowy trail never seems to work right--sometimes it doesn't appear at all, sometimes it abruptly changes its mind and makes me retrace my steps. I remember a little glowy line lag in Fable II but nothing like that. Plus people you're leading around by the nose can get hung up on the least little thing; I've had to restore twice because a quest-necessary NPC got themselves caught on a rock.

The game definitely needed more than 2 years' development time (hell, Fable II took 4!). And yet I'm still doggedly playing it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2010, 03:52 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2010, 10:52 PM #7 of 7
Jasper don't talk no mo...Which is getting fixed in the update on friday...
Sure did. And now that it is updated, Jasper is saying allllllll the things he was supposed to say to me since Mourningwood and then some. Ha.

But my items are still glitched, and now some of my kids are missing and the houses that were vacant for quest related reasons (that I bought) are glitched. Can't interact with them anymore, sigh.

Eh, in any case, forgot to say, if anyone cared enough and needed new weapons for the achievement...feel free to message me and raid my shops.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Fable III: Join the Revolution (in farting)