Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

That 2006 Movie with a Long-Haired Tom Hanks and Amelie

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:54 PM #1 of 43
That 2006 Movie with a Long-Haired Tom Hanks and Amelie

The Da Vinci Code film comes out this week. I heard it got panned at Cannes. All you need to know is that Ian McKellan is the standout performance there and, more importantly and the reason why I made this thread, there is ONE melodramatic line that Hanks utters that got the Cannes crowd catcalling and whatnot for a good while. Maybe it'll be obvious enough, but viewers, speculate on what line that could've been! GOOD DAY.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:56 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:56 PM #2 of 43
Dammit, I wish I had read the book a bit more recently so I would remember possible lines for hilarity.

Personally, I loved the book so I can't wait to see the movie, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with all the fucking protests when I'm at work. I swear to god I'll get those Jesus freaks arrested if they fuck with my theater.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:08 PM #3 of 43
Well I haven't read the book, and I don't know if I will see the film...however I think it is..so retarded that the religious people are getting so hurt and angry over this movie. Now I haven't read the book, my mom has though and in the book it the only thing that IS real is and I quote: "artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals" Other than that...everything is fictional, yet this movie is blasphemous? Oh please, the bottom line is..the Catholic Church doesn't want to be looked even more as a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:20 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 06:20 AM #4 of 43
Audrey Tautou is one sexy, sexy lady, and for that I cannot fully dismiss this film. And Ron Howard, for the most part, makes very good films.

Hopefully this will not be a stinker.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:55 PM #5 of 43
Book was a page turner, but poorly written. I do not have much hope for this film. Great cast though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:55 PM #6 of 43
FACT: The Philippines gave the movie an X rating. That little tidbit gave me a chuckle.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:05 PM #7 of 43
FACT: Audrey Tautou is a goddess and any she is the primary reason that I will see the film. Anything beyond her that is good is simply a bonus.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:06 PM #8 of 43
Guess you saw Dirty Pretty Things and A Very Long Engagement then?

How ya doing, buddy?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:19 PM #9 of 43
No, I saw Amelie.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:31 PM #10 of 43
I still haven't read the book, and i'm currently fighting a feirce fight in my head whether or not i should go see the movie or not. I really want to read the book first, but i also really want to see the movie.

It's a pickle for sure.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:38 PM #11 of 43
I dunno if even the power of Audrey will compel me to see this. The book was awful and the movie looks worse.

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:40 PM #12 of 43
Oh, but Paul Bettany whipping, nay, PUNISHING himself? HOTNESS.

Agent Marty
*snore*

Member 243

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 06:45 PM #13 of 43
Most likely, I'll go see the movie. I never got around to reading the book, but judging about how much 'ballyhoo' was raised after its release and subsequent time on the bestseller list (like what, a year or something), people will be talking about it. A lot, I imagine.

And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected." - John Steinbeck
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 11:49 AM #14 of 43
Originally Posted by evergreen
Guess you saw Dirty Pretty Things and A Very Long Engagement then?
Dirty Pretty Things was a really good movie that lots of people ignored for some reason (I never remember it getting much press). She did a really good job in that, from what I remember.

And of course Amelie was a great fun movie. It's a shame to see this film go down in flames when the cast is so good.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 05:32 PM #15 of 43
I don't have high hopes for this at all, to be honest.

I read the book, and it was bloody awesome, but then the ending was like.....the intense build up to an extreme orgasm that will never come.

Regardless, I'm going to see it tonight.

FELIPE NO
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:27 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:27 PM #16 of 43
I'm not expecting that much either, but it'll at least be interesting to see it acted out. I liked the book (and I also thought the ending was shit), so I'd just like to see their take on it.

A film version of Angels And Demons would rock ten times more, but of course they'd also have ten times the crap coming from the Vatican etc. Shame. D:

How ya doing, buddy?
my generation's lost its patience playing with the world within
accelerated saturation out of our minds on saccharin

Last edited by Xanadu; May 18, 2006 at 11:30 AM.
Jerrica
Jem is my name, bitch!

Member 1670

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 03:59 PM #17 of 43
I'm interested to see the movie, simply because I think the book lends itself more to a theatrical setting than a literary one. Dan Brown is a bad writer. A bad, bad writer. The code aspect was fun, but the character development was poor, to say the least. I was hoping that the script for the movie wouldn't borrow too much from the book, but it seems like these hopes will be fruitless.

As for making a movie version of Angels and Demons, ew. Just plain ew. That book has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I slogged my way through it out of boredom and shock. "No, seriously. Are you really wiritng this? Is this happening? Are people BUYING this book? omfg." Nevermind the bad character development for this one. The plot was so ridiculous that I felt like I was getting dumber with every passing page.
Spoiler:
The helicopter scene was the worst out of all the crap in that book. How did Langdon survive the anti-matter (wtf? anti-matter? COME THE FUCK ON PLX), fall thousands of feet into a river, and get up in time to expose the Camerlengo? MIRACLE. That's their explanation. It must have been a miracle. I almost vomited. Dan Brown also severely and unrealistically portrayed the world's reaction to the death of a Pope and the reaction to the choosing of another one (which he could easily have done correctly had he bothered to, what's the word Dan? Oh yeah, RESEARCH), he had a crowd of thousands of people standing around waiting to be incinerated because they were CURIOUS, and he had a nun and a priest making babies through in vitro. I'm sorry, it's just fucked. I don't know how any rational, even remotely intelligent person could read that book and go "zomg SO AWESOME." The scene with the Camerlengo parachuting down on top of the Vatican put the nail in the most ridiculous coffin in history.

Yeah, so I kind of vented a little there. In conclusion, I hope the Da Vinci Code is a better movie than it was a book, and I hope Angels and Demons gets erased from the face of the planet and the memory of mankind.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 08:37 PM #18 of 43
Good book, bad movie, what else is new? This movie was overhyped from the get-go, I'm just a little disappointed because I hate seeing yet another movie with Jean Reno getting axed by the critics.

VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 07:08 PM #19 of 43
Quote:
Other than that...everything is fictional, yet this movie is blasphemous?
Thats not really true. The whole thing with Mary and her being the grail is just another view on history, not fiction. For as we all know, the Bible isn't exactly the most factual thing around. Relgious people just call the story a work of fiction to justify them seeing/reading it.

Also, I'm not looking forward to the movie at all. It wasn't that good of a book and here in AUstralia, there is an advertisement or TV tie-in every 2 seconds. I've never see a moving promoted this much before.

Luminaire
Sparkle and Shine

Member 6102

Level 7.02

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 07:59 PM #20 of 43
Never read the book, but my francophile of a sister worships Audrey Tautou so I'll probably go see the movie with her. Plus I kind of love Ian McKellan.

What I'm mostly interested in is the possible amount of protests that different churches are going to hold. I hate that so many people make such a big deal out of this book. It doesn't say anything that historians haven't already said.

Prepare the PLANET SMASHAA
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 08:09 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 07:09 PM #21 of 43
Originally Posted by Luminaire
Never read the book, but my francophile of a sister worships Audrey Tautou so I'll probably go see the movie with her. Plus I kind of love Ian McKellan.

What I'm mostly interested in is the possible amount of protests that different churches are going to hold. I hate that so many people make such a big deal out of this book. It doesn't say anything that historians haven't already said.
Sure it does. It makes up a lot more shit than the historians EVER said. But it's FICTION. MADE UP. I'm tired of people treating this book like fact. Gnostic gospels. Read them.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Luminaire
Sparkle and Shine

Member 6102

Level 7.02

May 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 09:29 PM #22 of 43
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Sure it does. It makes up a lot more shit than the historians EVER said. But it's FICTION. MADE UP. I'm tired of people treating this book like fact. Gnostic gospels. Read them.
Obviously I was referring the historical theories as mentioned by VitaPup, not the fictional bits. Of course the book isn't fact. It's classified as a work of fiction, and I didn't infer otherwise.

Most amazing jew boots
Prepare the PLANET SMASHAA
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:46 PM #23 of 43
You guys should see the boards at imdb for this movie. That place is turning into a religious board. People find every single excuse to make religious debates about it.

FELIPE NO
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 09:03 PM #24 of 43
Originally Posted by KCJ506
You guys should see the boards at imdb for this movie. That place is turning into a religious board. People find every single excuse to make religious debates about it.
What did you expect? People have an intrinsic need to prove themselves right... and everyone else wrong.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 02:19 AM #25 of 43
The Catholica are up in arms about this movie. Ron Howard directed it. The catholics shouldn't be suprised. In one episode of the Andy Griffith show, Opie has a line...which if played backwards Opie can be heard saying "Satan rules"..its freaky...Opie the omen.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > That 2006 Movie with a Long-Haired Tom Hanks and Amelie