Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Expressing feelings about certain people or issues through art

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 07:26 PM Local time: Nov 7, 2007, 05:26 PM #1 of 3
Expressing feelings about certain people or issues through art

There are four things in life that make my blood boil:
  • Hearing or reading about some stupid pussy bitch shooting their classmates and teachers at their schools and then taking their own lives because they hate everyone or some other petty crap. The latest example being that Jokela school shooting in Finland.
  • Hearing or reading about the disgusting acts performed by the Westboro Baptist Church.
  • Hearing or reading about Al Quaida and other terrorist organizations' past and current acts of terrorism.
  • Hearing or reading about the ridiculous claims made by Jack Thompson.

Whenever I read or hear about those things, I draw pictures or comics or make flash cartoons about how I feel about these things. It usually has my characters killing them and saving the day. Usually this is saved for the first three things. Jack Thompson may be a gigantic, ignorant douchebag, but it just wouldn't justify killing him or depicting him getting killed.

I made a couple of comics and two Flash movies based on school shootings and Lizardcommando saving the day by killing the perpetrators and saving the hostages. I've done a few drawings with a bunch of other characters I created storming a hellish stronghold housing some of the world's most dangerous and evil people like the BTK Killer, Jeff Dahmer and a bunch of other serial killers. Reading about their actions make me sick to my stomach and make me furious, but I guess drawing about them relieves me of my anger towards them. I'm sure people would argue that drawing pictures and comics of genuinely evil people is meaningless, but tell that to comic book artists in the 40's who drew Super Man, Captain America and Bat Man killing Nazis and beating up Hitler, Musolinni, and Hirohito.

Sometimes I write how I feel about certain issues or people, but it doesn't have the same kind of feeling for releasing my anger or personal thoughts and beliefs as drawing what I would do to the same evil people who would hurt innocent people.

I'm the kind of person who believes in justice and vengeance. I know some people would argue that it's just going to lead to the "eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind" argument, but I just like depicting those old action movies where the good guys are always kicking ass and saving the day from the evil-doers.

Anyone else express their feelings about certain people and issues through art?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Lizardcommando; Nov 7, 2007 at 07:32 PM.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:02 PM #2 of 3
I probably would, but I'm a terrible artist. I used to post on Live Journal whenever something got me really steamed. But I haven't had anything that really got me going like that in along time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Out thought and out fought."
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:04 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 03:04 PM #3 of 3
Well, I don't know if it's considered an art, but I express my feelings through my bands music. In fact, I wrote a song about the Columbine massacre about a year ago. SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ALERT! Click here if you wanna take a listen.

I find writing lyrics and music really releases my strong feelings about something, music really is like my therapy. I tend to draw when I want to relax myself, but music is definitely a medium that I can let out multiple emotions.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Expressing feelings about certain people or issues through art