Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - EU/AU get it first! WE HAVE NO GENITALS.

[M]artin
Syklis Green

Member 16758

Level 8.94

Dec 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 02:41 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 02:41 PM #26 of 352
Only problem with the "pushed" Wheel control, for me, is picking up more of them. My roommate and I share a Wii, so hopefully I can pick up one (or three, when more players want to come over) at release without too much trouble.

It just won't be right if one guy has the Wheel control and the other three are using something else. You get an instant recipe for complaining about "unbalanced play" at the end of every race... ^_^

Hopefully the price won't be too high (come on, glorified plastic shell, save the extra controls). I also fear that if I wait too long to pick more up, there may be a shortage...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by [M]artin; Apr 4, 2008 at 02:45 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 02:53 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 12:53 PM #27 of 352
I'm pretty cised for this game, and I'm looking forward to no more snaking, though I was pretty dominating with that anyway. =p

I'm also really looking forward to using the wheel over the other controller schemes (so I hope they are gimped as hell). I enjoyed using the Wii-mote for BIG DAMN TRUCKS, and I figure it'll be about the same for MKWII, just a different orientation and all plus glorified round plastic.

Double Dash!! was one of the funnest games to have back in college, so I'm really looking forward to some fun multi-player hi-jinx when this comes.

looking forward looking forward looking forward omg look back

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 03:11 PM #28 of 352
Like I said MKWii online shouldn't be as bad as SSBB since it doesn't need precise syncing/timing on everybody and it's great that you can race up to 11 other people (12 total). I also heard that for online battle it needs to be a team of two player each. That would suck if there's an odd amount of player doing battle (unless they add a CPU player).

As for the controller, I'll try all to see which I like but most likey I'll end up uing the classic or GCN controller scheme.

How ya doing, buddy?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 08:18 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 11:48 AM #29 of 352
Like I said MKWii online shouldn't be as bad as SSBB since it doesn't need precise syncing/timing on everybody and it's great that you can race up to 11 other people (12 total). I also heard that for online battle it needs to be a team of two player each. That would suck if there's an odd amount of player doing battle (unless they add a CPU player).

As for the controller, I'll try all to see which I like but most likey I'll end up uing the classic or GCN controller scheme.
It's pretty ridiculous to assume they won't add computer players in the event of a lop-sided match, what will be interesting is how competitive these computer players will be.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 09:47 PM #30 of 352
Yeah, I guess I jump the gun there. >_>

Update rumor: For online battle, instead of team of two player each, it's now 6-vs-6. The game is going to be release in JP/EU in a fweek... Why don't they just tell us everything?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:17 AM #31 of 352
This sounds pretty awesome so far. Can't wait for April 28th. I probably won't be picking this up launch day though since a lot of other games are on my radar and I'm pretty sure they have a much shorter shelf span than Mario Kart Wii, which I can probably predict to be selling well into 2009 and probably 2010, for the same reason why I could easily walk into a Best Buy today and find Mario Kart: Double Dash!! at the retail $29.99.

As for the controls. I'd still probably use the GCN unless there are A LOT more gimps coming. And if there are, I'd revert to the Nunchuck+Wiimote as I'm pretty sure only the GCN and the Classic controllers are gimped. Nunchuck+Wiimote still feels like a traditional controller, except detached from each other and the motion controls will still be there. I could live with that.

FELIPE NO

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:21 AM #32 of 352
Heh, the game is already leaked on teh interweb. >_>

First impression? Well I didn't do much because a bunch of my online friend just want to get online and do some racing and battles. I only play with the GCN controller so I can't say much now except like it was expected: gimped ...well if you don't mind doing tricks then GCN or classic controller is your friend. My brother did try with the remote and said it plays a lot like Excite Truck but he didn't get a chance to do any tricks.

Online racing is just like MKDS... but it seems much more fun and that a second local player can join online too. I kept thinking that I could "snake" in some course *coughDScoursecough* but realized it's gone. I'll miss it but still enjoy the gameplay.

Online battle... This just tops it. It was missing from the DS and having a bunch of other people from across the world makes it exciting and fun! Now I don't have to relay on my cousin to play battle mode!

As for lags? Well there's always lag... but it isn't the same kind of lag that you'll get from a certant "fighting" game because of it's nature. So my online experience was "lag-free".

I'll have moar impression as I progressive through the game.

Oh, Mario Kart Wii game audio rip anyone? lol

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:28 PM #33 of 352
Oh, Mario Kart Wii game audio rip anyone? lol
Sure, I'll have it. What format are you going to rip it to?

Most amazing jew boots
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:36 PM #34 of 352
I'll would rip it in vbr mp3 but right now I'm putting it on hold. As Basil PMed me about it I just found out that some music have more than 2 channels and in_cube doesn't play it at all. So I'm waiting for hcs64.com to either have a fix for in_cube or release their new and rework plugin vgmstream. Sorry.

Small Impression Update: Seems like you can do tricks using the GCN or classic controller via D-pad. Also, unlike Brawl, I can use any controller scheme and each and everyone of them works out great. But if I have to put them in order, it would be: GCN, classic, wiimote/steering wheel then wiimote+nunchuck.

Last edited by Buizel; Apr 9, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:31 PM #35 of 352
Ah, alright. Let me know if you get it resolved. I haven't played the game yet, but as a general rule, Mario Kart music's pretty awesome. Don't see why MKWii would break that tradition.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 03:11 PM #36 of 352
*bump*

I went ahead and did the rip anyway. You can find it here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:17 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 01:47 PM #37 of 352
3308-4897-8243.
I think my name will be Daniel.

Most amazing jew boots
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:43 PM #38 of 352
Nice to see someone posting their Friend Code. Hopefully more people will post their too since the game already release in Japan, Europe now Australia and over the weekend North America.

I'll post my FC as soon as I get my US copy.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:34 AM #39 of 352
Same here. I was actually gonna buy the game later on, but my brother is nudging me to go and buy it.

I might hit up that event going on at the Nintendo World Store this Saturday when I'm in NYC to try the game out and possibly get that Mario Kart Driver's License.

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2008, 02:30 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 05:30 PM #40 of 352
Infernal's fiend code for Marieo Cart Wee

1762-3017-3279

Pretty decent game, the graphics hurt my eyes with their weird.. soft.. lighting.. bullshit but hey. Donkey Kong makes the BEST NOISES EVER.

EVER.

Edit: Oh my God, seriously. DK's noises. It's worth playing the game just for this. I haven't laughed at a game so much in years. Fuck. My lungs. I almost DIED tonight.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Apr 24, 2008 at 08:36 AM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:01 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 01:01 AM #41 of 352
0130-2184-9480

Got mine up at work at our midnight release. I'll see you guys on later today.

EDIT:

OH GOD! INFERNAL IS RIGHT!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Lukage; Apr 27, 2008 at 01:13 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:59 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 07:59 PM 2 #42 of 352
So this has turned out to be pretty much my favorite Marieo Cart game since Marieo Cart 65. Single player is still complete bullshit (another game for OP's cheating AI thread!) but all the new tracks (aside from 'Toad's Fucking Stupid Fuckface Factory for Faggots Like Toad') are REALLY good. Koopa Cape and Maple Treeway hooooly shiiiit. The extremely basic trick system is fun, too. Especially as DK, on a motor bike. Because he does a handstand while sounding like he's in the middle of a mental breakdown.

Online's handled a lot better than the garbage heap that was Marieo Cart PSP, but there's still that typical Nintendo charm of being booted out of a match mere seconds before it's about to begin, so you've gotta begin the waiting process allll ooovver aaaagaaaaain.

You don't need any skill at all for online, it's hilarious. Coming last place means shit all, as the game will hurl the most overpowered items your way non-stop and you'll suddenly find yourself in first place in the blink of an eye. Serious business people will probably get pissed off at this. The selection of battle mode maps includes my favorite one from the SNES and N64, so ummmffffffffffoooh yeah chugga bur wur. I'm yet to try the Wii Wheel, because I'm no good with quick motion controls, but the Classic Controller is nice~

Graphics? Rubbish. Music? Mostly rubbish (there's a pretty unexpected awesome song that plays during Moo Moo Meadows). 0/10 overall, buy Space Station Silicon Valley instead.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Apr 27, 2008 at 05:02 AM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:01 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 01:01 PM #43 of 352
I used the wheel right away, but I might snag my Wavebird and give that a whirl. I do like now the choice for some people to just do automatic drifting.

Also, they do what Brawl doesn't:

They let you do a 2-player WiFi. You and a friend in your living room can race online and the wait times seem to be very low. It'll even tell you who you're playing against and where they live.

NINTENDO IS TAKING A RISK!

Also, each "license" (read: Mii) has its own friend code. Ugh. Oh well, looks solid.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 07:08 PM 1 #44 of 352
LAWWWWLLAAUUUGH Mario Kart. This wheel thing will make a great projectile when someone uninvited barges into my house. I'll keep it.

1848-2078-5218. Now to see what all this DK business is about.

Edit: Aahahahaha what the fuck.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Apr 27, 2008 at 07:19 PM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:30 PM #45 of 352
My magical mystery code is 1719-3591-0589; I've registered the folks who have posted so far.

I've only played a small bit, but my observation so far is that single player AI cheats waaaaaay too much, but online is great. My only complaint with online is that there's no way to exit out of a match except after you've played a round. I don't want to drop out in the middle of a race, but I also may not want to wait 3+ minutes for others to finish their game before I can join, with no way to exit out. I have a short attention span like that.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:32 PM #46 of 352
Just popped it in, pretty good fun, but the computers will anal rape you on the last lap. >_<

And DK is just absolutely hilarious.

Friend code? Coming soon.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:59 PM #47 of 352
Could someone make a wiki page for MKWii FC? I'm not sure how to make a new page... just know how to edit. lol >_>

And my Friend Code is coming soon too! I want to unlocked all course on my US copy first. XD

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:16 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 09:16 PM #48 of 352
I skipped the GCN generation of Mario Kart, so I'm a bit out of practice. Needless to say, there's a lot to get used to with Mario Kart Wii...

I don't seem to remember there being such a big emphasis on stage hazards. First thing I could think of when I started the 50cc races was "WTF THAT'S BS" at all the various crap on the stages. Really hate how hitting any sort of wall or obstacle at all kills your speed completely. Then there's that fraggin' AI. Every single race, there's a lightning bolt, blue shell, ink blot and pow block without fail. I don't even get any of that stuff when I get booted to 12th, but oh well.

Wii wheel is kind of fun to use, though I don't think I'll be using it for "serious" races. When I play games my right hand is usually a bit lower than my left, so I'm constantly shifting to the right. The strap is also a little uncomfortable, as you kind of have to grasp the wheel AND the strap at the same time.

So far I'm having a serious nostalgia hit for Mario Kart 64, but as I get used to MKW I suppose my opinion of the game will rise.

FC: 4940-5845-8316

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:22 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 11:22 PM #49 of 352
The big annoyances are the walls and the debris.

Yes, the chomp chomp and whatnot is fine, but random goombas everywhere is ANNOYING, especially since they should do less damage to us than we do to them. But uhh, just take the strap off.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:48 PM #50 of 352
Here's a tip to "counter" the POW block:

Right when the POW block disappear/on it's 3rd "pow", shake the wiimote/press on any direction on the D-pad. If your timing is right you either don't spin out or spin out ONCE and won't loose speed but still loose any items you're carrying.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Mario Kart Wii - EU/AU get it first! WE HAVE NO GENITALS.