Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - EU/AU get it first! WE HAVE NO GENITALS.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:56 AM #1 of 352
Mario Kart Wii - EU/AU get it first! WE HAVE NO GENITALS.

FRIEND CODE LIST HERE!

Anyway, EU/AU get the game first before US because Nintendo screwed them by not releasing SSBB until 2009 or something...

...and a list of "features" (or ignore everything I say and just watch a video preview here):
- Five Controller Schemes: Wii Wheel, Wii-mote, Classic, Gamecube, Wii-mote + Nunchuck.
- Play as yourself in your Mii form (or any Mii that you created/downloaded from the Check Mii Out Channel).
- There's kart AND motorcycles.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for online racing, battles, ghost data, ranks and league (Duh! Nintendo would be stupid not to include Wi-Fi and it seem it will be better online game than SSBB!)*.
- 32 Tracks and 10 Battle Stages.
- YOU CAN DO STUNTS!
- Oh, you can't "snake" in the game. Nintendo removed it. It's more of "the longer you hold/powerslide the more boost you get".

*MKWii will be installing a Mario Kart Channel for the online part. You can quicky add Friend Code without launching the game itself, see if any of your friend online and racing/battling, download ghost data and see ranks. The league part might be a rumor as I didn't hear any more info about it.

I have to say, for the online part, it's looking pretty good and surpass SSBB online by a landslide. I heard that you can text chat with friends while setting up a room to get the race/battle going. You can join in a middle of a race and/or watch current race. The best part of all IMO, unlike SSBB, if one person lag, other player won't suffer in a race/battle... but then you'll get your usual "jumping around" karts.

I don't know what else to add/comment. JP/EU is getting on the 10th/11th, AU on 24th and US on the 27th. I'm going to spoil myself by playing the JP version first and I know for sure I won't get the US version until a week later after it release.

Discuss! >_>

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Buizel; Apr 28, 2008 at 09:57 AM.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:01 AM #2 of 352
Looks good. My 'rents just bought a Wii by pure luck and since they like Mario Kart (as does just about everyone else I know who has the slightest interest in video games), I'm sure they'll pick this up.

Amazing that the U.S. version is released last. But I guess it's only fair given the number of title that go to the U.S. first.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:09 AM #3 of 352
I'm just glad to see that you don't have to use the Wii Wheel. Dig the new powerslide concept, too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:22 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 05:22 PM #4 of 352
PAL regions get this first because they have to quickly fuck over the Freeloader to prevent 'dem scum playin' dat Smashing Sister Fightin' game. :] Aside from having one of the shittiest box arts I've ever seen (more like Mario Fart lol do you get it they're racing in the air which is made up of their farts lolololololol I replaced one word with another here comes 1992), this should be pretty rad. DK flailing about on a pissy little motorbike like a clown = yes.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:29 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 12:29 AM #5 of 352
This game looks fun and will most likely be great.

And I don't think a 16 day difference is that bad between EU and NA.

I mean hell...you guys will get Smash Bros in 4000 days or something like that.

I can't wait to see how successful the Online is after the tasty experience with Smash

I was speaking idiomatically.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:05 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 06:05 PM #6 of 352
The Mario Kart games are some of the best racing games out there. (Of course your typical racing game elitist would probably say "lol japan gay") They're so fun, and this one looks like it adds some nice features to a pretty solid and fluid formula. It's worked 4 times before, and it'll work again. <3

Australia never gets games first. STILL NOT SATISFIED, MARIO

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:09 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 01:09 AM #7 of 352
I still remember when I broke the Mario Kart arcade thing trying to do the drift lol. Tried it and froze the game.

FELIPE NO
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:33 AM #8 of 352
- Oh, you can't "snake" in the game. Nintendo removed it. It's more of "the longer you hold/powerslide the more boost you get".
It's about damn time.
That sliding system snaking crap in the DS game practically ruined it for me. Anytime I went on WiFi my entire race had to be nonstop snaking or else I'd be embarrassingly last place.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:36 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 12:36 AM #9 of 352
Reportedly, people who use the classic controller / GCN pad will have gimped controls. I believe the official quote was that we "won't be able to perform certain techniques".

They're really pushing the wheel.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:38 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 05:38 PM #10 of 352
It's cool that Europe gets the game around the same time Japan does. I originally thought this meant that the US version would be released months and not weeks later, so it's also cool to see that in the end Europe still has it bad when it comes to releases.

Feeling kind of apprehensive about the character selection. I'm absolutely not a fan of baby characters, so I don't really fancy the idea of having them take up a large portion of the roster (I never played Double Dash). Aside from that, the game looks to be a lot of fun.

I'll probably end up using the wheel due to not having a classic or a GCN controller.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 08:55 PM #11 of 352
Good lord, they've doubled the tracks from previous Mario Kart games (with the exception of DS) and I'm curious to see which characters will make it in. However, I just hope Nintendo fixes the online portion because Smash suffers from that.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:07 PM #12 of 352
If I remember correctly, I read on IGN that you have to tilt the wheel upwards to do a wheelie on the bike. That would probably be one of the "gimped" controls for the GCN/classic controller, which is a huge bummer.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:14 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 10:14 PM #13 of 352
Reportedly, people who use the classic controller / GCN pad will have gimped controls. I believe the official quote was that we "won't be able to perform certain techniques".

They're really pushing the wheel.
Oh man... I hope to hell that's not true. I never liked using those steering wheel peripherals.

Last edited by Lizardcommando; Apr 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:24 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 10:24 PM 3 #14 of 352
Wow, sure sucks that Nintendo is trying to get people to use the controllers that actually come with the console and all.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:56 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 10:56 PM 1 #15 of 352
I would totally buy this and play it online if I could drive a landmaster and run over Kairyu with it.

Most amazing jew boots
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Apr 4, 2008, 01:04 AM #16 of 352
Star Fox Racing confirmed for 2010.

If the GCN's too gimped, I guess I'll suck it up and get used to the wheel. :/

Cyrus
Has Confidence in His Domination

Member 3319

Level 20.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 05:03 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 12:03 PM #17 of 352
The Mario Kart games are some of the best racing games out there. (Of course your typical racing game elitist would probably say "lol japan gay") They're so fun, and this one looks like it adds some nice features to a pretty solid and fluid formula. It's worked 4 times before, and it'll work again. <3
Well, I wouldn´t be so sure about that. From what I´ve heard they canned the 2 player grand prix for some strange reason (single player only) which would kill the game for me. Online battle is nice, but doesn´t make up for the missing 2P GP.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 05:48 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 09:18 PM #18 of 352
12 Player Online will be fucking epic. I'll be playing this for years.

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:49 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 11:49 AM #19 of 352
Wow, sure sucks that Nintendo is trying to get people to use the controllers that actually come with the console and all.
Shame that all media sources agree that the wheel is a fucking terrible gimmick. :/ I like the remote, but this pack-in is totally unnecessary.

I'll just hold the remote sideways if anything. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the motion controls for this are anything beyond totally tacked-on.

Last edited by Krelian; Apr 4, 2008 at 06:52 AM.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 08:48 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 03:48 PM #20 of 352
Shame that all media sources agree that the wheel is a fucking terrible gimmick. :/ I like the remote, but this pack-in is totally unnecessary.
Except for Eurogamer anyway:
Originally Posted by Eurogamer
But if you're starting to think you might be able to resist Mario Kart Wii, you need to think again. Because as soon as you see the Wii Wheel it comes packed with, you'll fall head over heels in love with it. [...] The Wii Wheel is ergonomically brilliant, satisfyingly solid and adorably chunky.
Eurogamer's review also mentions that multiplayer GP is possible both online and offline:
Quote:
Since this review was published, Nintendo has informed Eurogamer that it is possible to play sequences of four races with friends both offline and online. Offline, you can choose to select a race each time, randomise, or play in order - effectively allowing you to play through a regular GP if you select the usual first track.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by surasshu; Apr 4, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 08:50 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 12:20 AM #21 of 352
All media sources? You're definitely getting ahead of yourself. I've only read one review that claimed the "Wii Wheel" was unusable. The rest that I've read have said it takes a little getting used to, which is to be expected.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 09:00 AM #22 of 352
12 Player Online will be fucking epic. I'll be playing this for years.
12?! If that is true, wow, that would be insane. Just four players made quite a game but having 12 would be crazy. I can only imagine having a battle mode with 12 players. Three or four players would be out in seconds after getting pounded by the others.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:28 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 09:28 AM #23 of 352
Okay normally I would hate that they're pushing a peripheral as the main controller, but since its packed in with the game, and I don't have to buy it seperately, and there are FOUR other control schemes available, I don't have a problem with this.

Video was pretty informative, but I noticed a lot of BLUR to hide the lower resolution graphics (As compared to Brawl). Now online I could see why that might be done, after all you want to keep a good framerate going, but offline it should be close to the level established by brawl.

I'm definitely be interested in that 12 player online though.

FELIPE NO
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:37 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 10:37 AM #24 of 352
I was hoping that I'd be able to just walk into a store and buy a Wii before this came out, but it looks like I will have no such luck. Mario Kart is a definite console seller for me and from the looks of this one, it will be a good one. The motorbike thing kinds of seems silly to me but I can mostly overlook that.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:37 PM #25 of 352
They're still incredibly hard to find. It took two weeks for me to get mine. My parents ended up finding out that a Wal-Mart near them while they were out of town was getting a shipment in at midnight. At like 12:40 or so, they got the last one. Things sell like hotcakes.

Looking forward to Wi-Fi. I just hope MKWii feels tighter than DD!! did. After I got so used to how tight MKDS played, I couldn't stand to play DD!! anymore. Felt like I was sliding all over the place.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Mario Kart Wii - EU/AU get it first! WE HAVE NO GENITALS.