Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Virtual Console & WiiWare Games - Doing wonders for illegal emulation since 2007

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:06 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 04:06 AM #101 of 1450
I really hope the Neo Geo makes it over here in the States. I would love to download my favorite fighters, like Galaxy Fight, Waku Waku 7 and Last Blade 2. That'd put the VC way ahead of the XBOX Live Arcade in my book, despite the lack of online play.
Oh shit, I'd buy those without question. Garou comes to mind when you said Last Blade 2.

The fighters would be perfect for the Wii Classic Controller since they're 4 buttons, not 6.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:33 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 03:33 PM #102 of 1450
Since I never got the GC Ocarina of Time, this is nice, especially with no disks, but my Wii is full, short of a little space for save files. I really need a hard drive with it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:59 AM #103 of 1450
oh hey guys...

Finally got around to updating the first post of this thread. Sorry for the lack of updating it. I added all current releases, and future releases for USA only. Enjoy, and sorry again for not doing this sooner

FELIPE NO
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 03:07 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 03:07 PM #104 of 1450
Well, get ready to change it again. As today brings us:

Elevator Action (NES)
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts(SNES)
Sword of Vermillion (Sega Genesis)

I've never played any but Ghouls 'n Ghosts, which was a pretty fun game. Not high on my list now, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:44 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 10:44 PM #105 of 1450
Wow, way cool. I might plop down 20 points in the next week or so and pick up either DKC/Super Ghouls & Ghosts or DCK/Castlevania 4...

The only thing holding me back from SG&G possibly is that there isn't a save feature iirc. That was a very, very unforgiving game, so lack of save feature would have a big impact for me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:12 PM #106 of 1450
This week on the Virtual Console:

Tecmo Bowl (NES)
Sonic Spinball (Genesis)
Double Dungeons (TurboGrafx-16)

Taken from Gamespot:

Quote:
Tecmo's humbly named Tecmo Bowl didn't carry an NFL license, but that didn't stop it from creating a game with thinly veiled stand-ins for the league's biggest teams. The NES game originally had an NFL Players Association license that let gamers storm the field with legends like Walter Payton, Bo Jackson, and Lawrence Taylor. However, all the players' names have been stripped from the Virtual Console edition and replaced with their jersey numbers.
Understandable, but a shame since Bo Jackson was one of the few players I knew from that game (I wasn't big on football back then). He scored the most touchdowns for me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:54 PM #107 of 1450
What? They couldn't have done a deal with EA like Konami did a deal with Ubisoft for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game? Kind of lame.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 01:46 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2007, 01:46 AM 1 #108 of 1450
wherds my mother fucking mario rpg.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:33 AM #109 of 1450
Is there any reason why nintendo isnt including old gameboy games on the VC? I wouldn't mind paing $2 for Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:40 AM #110 of 1450
I imagine they'd start doing that in a year or so when they've exausted a good deal of their hit titles. Right now they're having trouble enough getting out their nes, snes, and n64 stuff. I was initially really expecting 3 to 5 good titles or more a week from Nintendo. This single release thing needs to freaking stop.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:57 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 01:57 AM #111 of 1450
Frankly I think Nintendo's going at a fine pace with their releases. Yes it would be nice if all the good games came out right away but there's already enough stuff there to keep you busy for a long time. Plus, if Zelda 64, Goldeneye 64, Mario 64 and the original Smash Bros. all came out on the same day, their servers would implode.

FELIPE NO
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:56 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 07:56 AM #112 of 1450
Is Goldeneye 64 going to come out? Rare developed it, and most of their titles aren't going to be on the VC, but wasn't there something about the movie licensing that made it seem possible that they could release it?

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:26 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 11:26 AM #113 of 1450
Is Goldeneye 64 going to come out? Rare developed it, and most of their titles aren't going to be on the VC, but wasn't there something about the movie licensing that made it seem possible that they could release it?

From what I can gather, Rare is under Microsoft. Activision holds the current Bond video game licences. And MGM studios (part owned by Sony lol) hold the Bond movie rights.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:41 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 01:41 PM #114 of 1450
And that means a lot of good N64 games won't be released on VC, since Rare is under Microsoft.

It sucks because I really want to play Jet Force Gemini on VC. Guess I'll just hold out for Mischief Makers though.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 08:18 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 11:18 AM #115 of 1450
Jet Force would be pretty nice with a steady, non-nightmare frame rate for once~. I think the only Rare N64 game that'll appear on the VC will be the BIG SIGH game, Donkey Kong 64. Oh wait, and Diddy Kong Racing. Maybe?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:35 PM #116 of 1450
Jet Force would be pretty nice with a steady, non-nightmare frame rate for once~. I think the only Rare N64 game that'll appear on the VC will be the BIG SIGH game, Donkey Kong 64. Oh wait, and Diddy Kong Racing. Maybe?
Since Diddy Kong Racing just came out for the DS, I'd say that's a big no.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:03 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 01:03 PM #117 of 1450
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. 'Donkey Kong 64 DS Touch! The DK Rap Special Edition' comin' like what.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 05:12 PM #118 of 1450
Since Diddy Kong Racing just came out for the DS, I'd say that's a big no.
And it sucked. Hard. So there's no reason why it shouldn't come out in 2009.

Rare are just unredictable now. Viva Pinata. VC's N64 list will suck without their titles.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 06:53 PM #119 of 1450
If anything I'd gather that Rare will put their N64 titles on XBL Arcade eventually. They just have to figure out how to bumble the code together and stuff.

If GoldenEye were to come out it would also be on XBL Arcade and Microsoft/Rare would work out a deal with Activision. If Konami/Ubisoft can do it for the Turtles arcade game I don't see why not.

Now if Konami/Ubisoft would work out a deal to get Turtles in Time on Virtual Console my day would be made. Honestly though Nintendo needs to get some features comparable to XBL Arcade like online co-op but I suppose they need to work out their online system to begin with before that could even happen. Hopefully they'll use system codes and not individual friend codes for each game.

Oh you know what really bugs me about Virtual Console though? Fucking lack of rumble for N64 games. It shouldn't be that hard to program something comparable for making the Wiimote to rumble and even sell a little plastic device that clips it to the bottom of the classic controller. Make it an option to turn off rumble if you don't think people want it but I don't understand why it's not there. They should also program N64 memory cartridge saves into the mix as well. They could totally do ghost saves for Mario Kart 64. They're just really fucking lazy.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:05 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 08:05 PM #120 of 1450
If anything I'd gather that Rare will put their N64 titles on XBL Arcade eventually. They just have to figure out how to bumble the code together and stuff.

If GoldenEye were to come out it would also be on XBL Arcade and Microsoft/Rare would work out a deal with Activision. If Konami/Ubisoft can do it for the Turtles arcade game I don't see why not.

Now if Konami/Ubisoft would work out a deal to get Turtles in Time on Virtual Console my day would be made. Honestly though Nintendo needs to get some features comparable to XBL Arcade like online co-op but I suppose they need to work out their online system to begin with before that could even happen. Hopefully they'll use system codes and not individual friend codes for each game.

Oh you know what really bugs me about Virtual Console though? Fucking lack of rumble for N64 games. It shouldn't be that hard to program something comparable for making the Wiimote to rumble and even sell a little plastic device that clips it to the bottom of the classic controller. Make it an option to turn off rumble if you don't think people want it but I don't understand why it's not there. They should also program N64 memory cartridge saves into the mix as well. They could totally do ghost saves for Mario Kart 64. They're just really fucking lazy.
I don't think Nintendo has really deeply thought about "the little things." I can only hope that firmware updates can remedy the many short comings of the Wii that I'm starting to notice as well.

Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:57 PM #121 of 1450
Yeah, they don't have many N64 games out so you'd think they should be able to do a firmware update to enable rumble and send out a plastic doo-hicky to connect the wiimote to the classic controller for free. It would definitely be a very good act on their part. Even just having the wiimote rumble at all would be good. If they could get rumble to work on the N64 Zeldas for cube then they should be able to get rumble to work for Virtual Console games. Also I don't know what their excuse for not having cartridge pack support is. All you'd have to do is set aside 256 kb of data aside per game. It is such a minor thing and it confuses me why they don't do it. It would just be one extra 256 kb file. Nintendo is pretty dumb.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:38 AM #122 of 1450
Update!

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Splatter House and Ice Climber now available on Wii Virtual Console.

This week sees the release of three new Virtual Console titles - two for the NES and a single Turbografx offering.

First up is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. Players must fight their way through five large stages to put a stop to a criminal plot threatening the city. Each of the four turtles is controllable, with the player able to switch between them at any time during play.

Also on the NES comes Ice Climber. Here the player takes control of a small Eskimo who must make his way up an icy mountain. Armed only with a hammer he'll have to break blocks to make new routes and defeat enemies which block his path.

The third and final game for the week is the 80s classic Splatter House on the Turbografx. The survival horror classic sees the player wake in a mansion to find his girlfriend gone and a hockey mask stuck on his head. The mask gives you superhuman strength and you must now hack and slash your way through seven levels and save your girl.

The NES games will cost you 500 Wii Points, with Splatter House on the Turbografx a little more expensive at 600 Wii Points. If nothing here takes your fancy then there'll be another batch of releases next Friday and there are already more than 60 games available to download.
Source.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 09:17 AM #123 of 1450
Freakin awesome. TMNT for the NES has always been such a classic to me (6 stages, not 5...unless they're counting the Shredder's Base and Technodrome as one big stage). I'll be getting it this Monday if it comes out. Old school Turtles ftw.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2007, 09:33 AM #124 of 1450
It's still speculation, but I'd be excited if it were true.

Quote:
Sega Saturn on Wii Virtual Console?
Rumour has it some belting titles will hit Nintendo’s download service soon, including those from Sega’s much-loved, but ultimately failed console.
Click to enlarge 1 of 1
Sega Saturn could soon have a new home on the Wii... [more images]
The latest chunk of Wii speculation comes courtesy of an employee at DigiPen, the prestigious video game academy in Washington.

According to the Wii fans at Nintendo Evolved, their source says Sega Saturn games will make an appearance on Virtual Console, although they might still be way off.

Especially intriguing is the fact that Nintendo America’s offices are linked to DigiPen’s campus by a corridor. Could the source of this rumour actually have some inside knowledge?

If so, it’d give a boost to the Wii’s retro game experience, and net a few more dollars for Nintendo in the process.

Stay tuned for more info as soon as we hear it. We’re limbering up our fingers for Saturn-ported versions of Duke Nukem 3D, Quake and Destruction Derby.
Source

Maybe, just maybe, I'll finally get to play Shining Force III.

How ya doing, buddy?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:08 PM #125 of 1450
Alright! Here's hoping for Turtles in Time down the road. Good going Konami and Ubisoft. I hope more companies with odd license circumstances can work together. =)))

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Virtual Console & WiiWare Games - Doing wonders for illegal emulation since 2007