Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Devil May Cry 4

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:25 PM #51 of 321
I see so the guy we kill in DMC1 may not be Dante's brother but another demon (that could have of some way fight Vergil and stole his pendant or somthing like that XD)

I'm pretty sure that this Nero is Vergil, I don't see why they would make a new character that look exactly like Dante, or it's Dante son XD (but that would not make sens, if Nero got his entire unit slaughtered by Dante XD)

Most amazing jew boots
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 12:11 PM #52 of 321
Nero better be Vergil. I'm up for another twin showdown. Also needs more Lady.

I really dig the idea of Dante slaughtering Nero's crew. Dante being an NPC, at least during Nero's possible scenario (hopefully there's another from Dante's perspective), sounds too awesome.

I seriously don't want a PS3 with that price tag, but goddammit not even MGS4 was able to sway me like this inkling of news did. I guess it helps that I'm one of the many DMCwhores.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 02:26 PM #53 of 321
Wow, they're not even indicating whether Nero/Nelo is Vergil or not. Heh, though I'm sure he is, just wouldn't be right if he wasn't.

The story sounds interesting, working for an Order that's out to release Sparda with Dante trying to put a stop to it. So I'm guessing this Sparda must be an imitator of sorts if Dante is trying to stop Nero/Nelo. I wonder when they're gonna start introducing our female supporting cast, who I'm assuming are Trish and Lady.

Quote:
-Nero's sword has a bar. The sword has somekind of a driving force in it. It's a new way/element to enjoy the sword handling.
Perhaps this will utilize the PS3's motion detector thingy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:18 PM #54 of 321
Originally Posted by Hantei
Wow, they're not even indicating whether Nero/Nelo is Vergil or not. Heh, though I'm sure he is, just wouldn't be right if he wasn't.

The story sounds interesting, working for an Order that's out to release Sparda with Dante trying to put a stop to it. So I'm guessing this Sparda must be an imitator of sorts if Dante is trying to stop Nero/Nelo. I wonder when they're gonna start introducing our female supporting cast, who I'm assuming are Trish and Lady.

Perhaps this will utilize the PS3's motion detector thingy.
They're not trying to release Sparda but the seal Sparda put in place in the city of Fortuna. Sparda at one point must of defeated all the demons and whatever big bad was there and sealed them away in hell which is why the people look upon Sparda as a "god" of sorts. The Order now wants to break the seal and unleash whatever was sealed away.

Some of the plot reminds me of MGS2 as if Nero (Raiden) is seemingly carrying out his missions with no real knowledge of who Dante is or the Order's goals other than what he's been told or supposed to know by the Order. Dante (Solid Snake) naturally has all the answers and clues Nero in as to who he actually his and what he's trying to unleash. All you'd need is Vergil to possess Nero's right arm and we'd have Metal Gear Cry.

I hope the TGS special announcement is online co-op.

How ya doing, buddy?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 06:42 AM #55 of 321
Originally Posted by Simo
All you'd need is Vergil to possess Nero's right arm and we'd have Metal Gear Cry.
Ahahahaha that is awesome ='D
If only Hideo will direct DMC.

Speaking of Nero, from what it seems, Nero doesn't seem to be Virgil or Nelo Angelo. Totally a new character but I hope they don't screw it up by making Nero some sort of "long lost/half brother of Dante" or some bullshit that makes the plot cheesier than it already is.

FELIPE NO
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 09:43 PM #56 of 321
They're not trying to release Sparda but the seal Sparda put in place in the city of Fortuna. Sparda at one point must of defeated all the demons and whatever big bad was there and sealed them away in hell which is why the people look upon Sparda as a "god" of sorts. The Order now wants to break the seal and unleash whatever was sealed away.
Oops, kinda misinterperated the info. Bleh, now the basic plot sounds like all the others. Stop the baddies from unleashing hell onto Earth, except this time we help unleash it and realized we were wrong. Probably end up teaming up with Dante to seal up the portal.

Some of the plot reminds me of MGS2 as if Nero (Raiden) is seemingly carrying out his missions with no real knowledge of who Dante is or the Order's goals other than what he's been told or supposed to know by the Order. Dante (Solid Snake) naturally has all the answers and clues Nero in as to who he actually his and what he's trying to unleash. All you'd need is Vergil to possess Nero's right arm and we'd have Metal Gear Cry.
Heh, good point, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The difference this time is that we're told ahead of time about the change in main character.

Most amazing jew boots
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:00 AM #57 of 321
Can't wait to see how beautiful this will look at 60 FPS

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 06:37 PM #58 of 321
Why wait!

Clearly it's Dante in this shot so he must be playable at some point.

Game Informer has the NA exclusive:

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Simo; Sep 7, 2006 at 06:39 PM.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:06 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 06:06 PM #59 of 321
The last two pics are clearly this Nero guy. But damn. Look great. I can't wait to see a final product.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:10 PM #60 of 321
Damn those look nice, can't wait for this game!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 05:36 PM #61 of 321
Look at Nero's coat. It looks like a really dark blue, which to me is another indicator that he's Vergil.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:12 PM #62 of 321
can i said that... Nero is so HOT!!! <3 damn I love his look, is face is exactly like we use to, expecialy in the second picture ^^

graphic are great but they are not exactly what I would call next-gen, maybe halfway ps2 and next-gen, but it's still damn good,. well there's only 4 shot so will see, and it may change till the release to. Anyway the first batch of games in a new console a not the one that will use the console full potential...

we still not sure if dante is playable the first screen let me believe more like a cut-scene then a gameplay shot...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 08:51 PM #63 of 321
Sweet! The environments look great! But I gotta say I'm underwhelmed by the graphics. They look more like current gen graphics than next-gen, like its on the GC or Xbox. I mean, I was expecting about the same quality as the prerendered Nero they have on the cover of GameInformer or from the TGS videos.

Not exactly significant, but did anyone else notice that Nero is left-handed?

Also, I know I'm nitpicking, but, ugh, Dante's sword still goes through his coat. I figured they would have fixed that by now, or made it less noticeable.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 08:52 AM #64 of 321
I am dissapointed with graphics,but there is time to soup up it up.

I waited for whole week only to find out that the site is not opening

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/

Anyone else having problems? and if it opens for you, please post info and images.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:23 AM #65 of 321
Here's some tiny fucking screens from Famitu:

Apparently, these are all Dante, given his attire.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:26 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 11:26 PM #66 of 321
Originally Posted by Sexninja
http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/

Anyone else having problems? and if it opens for you, please post info and images.
The site works fine for me. Some music too, new version of the choir piece from DMC3, got an opera style vocal for it.

Here are some images: Main Page, Page when you click on the lower left window thing, Nero's Page when you click on the small arrow pointing at him, Cg Image on Nero's Page, Conceptual Image on Nero's Page, Dante's Page when click on the small arrow pointing at him from the main page or "Dante >>" on Nero's page, and cg image when you click on the link on his page.

How ya doing, buddy?
terrakazama
Carob Nut

Member 6081

Level 4.94

May 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 12:26 AM #67 of 321
Ah, I'm getting excited.

I agree with everyone's said about the graphics; they look on par with the previous installment, rather than a huge improvement. Maybe a little better, but just a stretch. Still, all these pictures are getting me worked up. Especially Nero, hahaha. He looks a little chubby in the second picture, but just for that cover, I'm going to have to pick up the next issue of Game Informer. What's up with the double zippers on the coat, though...

So does Nero use a revolver instead of two handguns? I love revolvers, but they're not quite as fast as a semi.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:15 AM #69 of 321
Nero is sexy as hell, sorry. Very aesthetically pleasing character. Interesting to make a new kid on the block that doesn't suck.

I think the graphics are fine. They probably could be better, but I can't look at them and say they're bad or that they're not a big step up from DMC3. The scans are pretty grainy so it's not easy to tell. I honestly could care less; the gameplay makes the game more than the graphics do. I want to play :O Still not buying a damn PS3 though.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:30 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 05:30 PM #70 of 321
DMC is about Style and gameplay for me.
I have no problem with present boots of Dante,they look cool.

Hantei and Freddy:
Thanks for images and feedback.

One more thing,its confirmed that Nero is not Virgil.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 09:39 AM #71 of 321
Care to supply a source with that claim?

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:55 PM #72 of 321
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Care to supply a source with that claim?
Go to gaming age forums' DMC4 thread. That's where these scans and info are from. Nero =/= Vergil, currently 60fps, Nero is the main characters, Dante not focused on as much, No DT for Nero, etc...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:31 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 12:31 PM #73 of 321
Does it explain how Nero isn't Vergil? Like, that "Nero" isn't in referrence to Angelo, or what? Because they could just say that Nero is a new personality of Vergil's, and that would be just a retarded way of saying it's a new character. It's stupid that they would introduce a new lead that looks exactly like Dante but not be him or Vergil.

And has anyone brought up the fact that Dante is wearing chaps and cowboy boots yet?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Sep 8, 2006 at 02:35 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:11 PM #74 of 321
Originally Posted by Generic Badass
Does it explain how Nero isn't Vergil? Like, that "Nero" isn't in referrence to Angelo, or what? Because they could just say that Nero is a new personality of Vergil's, and that would be just a retarded way of saying it's a new character. It's stupid that they would introduce a new lead that looks exactly like Dante but not be him or Vergil.

And has anyone brought up the fact that Dante is wearing chaps and cowboy boots yet?
No, Kobayashi basically said that Nero isn't Vergil. Full stop. I wouldn't be surprised if Nero is somehow connected to ole V, or maybe he's a remnant of him, or so on. But as it stands now, what we know is tha he isn't Vergil. One of the pieces of art has him with his glowing demon arm and Red Queen with a blue demon aura.

And Dante seems to be wearing his black and red ensemble from the first game. He also looks a tad bit older considering when this takes place (before 2, after 1) with that stubble and slightly aged appearance.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 05:33 PM #75 of 321
Nero isn't Vergil? What a shit refrree call.

If he's a remnant of Vergil, I guess that's fine. I'd still rather play as the true Vergil, though.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Devil May Cry 4