Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Phoenix Wright 3: Trials & Tribulations

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:08 AM Local time: Nov 7, 2007, 06:08 PM #51 of 77
I've just started playing the game, and so far it's very good. I've got a small question though; Is there any extra missions made for the DS just like the extra one in the first game? I thought it was very good and fun to use the touch screen to search for details, and I hoped for another mission like it in the second game but it didn't have one. So does this game have one?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
gamersara
Smash!

Member 24768

Level 6.12

Sep 2007

Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:56 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 12:56 AM #52 of 77
there's no extra for this game
but the 4th game will be good, wonder when will they release it in English...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
My Side of the Story
Trance Machina
Do these clothes become me?

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: Nov 7, 2007, 09:13 AM #53 of 77
but the 4th game will be good, wonder when will they release it in English...

<3

How ya doing, buddy?

Currently Playing:Persona 3, .hack//G.U. vol 3, Wild ARMs 3, and Phantasy Star Universe (360).
I will beat a rod until a tank empties~
Chocojournal
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 01:04 PM #54 of 77
All Gamestops//EBGames got more than enough key chains for the pre-orders. The problem is, usually the people don't bother to unpack them because they can be lazy and don't feel like opening all their boxes since they would have to stock the items.

Or they simply swiped the little dudes.
I was in a Gamestop just 3 days after PW3 was released and the two employees were discussing what to do with the one Phoenix Wright keychain left. One of them was actually about to throw it away because it was weird. Unfortunately the other employee "grudgingly" said he'd take it, and then refused to give it up when I told them I actually wanted it.

Bastards.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Trance Machina

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 07:09 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 04:09 PM #55 of 77

The Third Case:
Oh god, I totally did and didn't expect Mr. Armstrong when he popped up. PRICELESS

FELIPE NO

Currently Playing:Persona 3, .hack//G.U. vol 3, Wild ARMs 3, and Phantasy Star Universe (360).
Chocojournal
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 07:55 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 05:55 PM #56 of 77
Beat the game the other day. Last case was EPIC, like usual. Sucks that the 4th game in the series moves on from Phoenix, but after the events at the conclusion of PW3 I guess they wrapped things up well enough. Can't wait until Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice is announced for release here!

Still, although I love the series, I can't help but be a little disappointed in this one. Not because of the game itself, but because of the release. Why did Capcom delay the game for so long? Presumably, it was to clean up the translation some more... Now that's a fine reason, but then I'd expect the lines to be flawless and that clearly wasn't the case here. There weren't any serious errors, but there were more than a few cases of the wrong word being used (such as "no" instead of "on") that any competent editor should have been able to pick up. It's not enough to prevent a recommendation from me, though it is a little jarring to read such errors during tense moments. Seriously, what was all that time Capcom took spent on? Not on making those keychains, I hope, or else that's also a little depressing.

Also, I'm no big coffee fan, but darned if I don't have a craving now.

How ya doing, buddy?
Trance Machina

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2007, 08:14 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 05:14 PM #57 of 77
Yeah after the prosecutor, I've been craving coffee every time we takes a swig.

Also there are more "err" than that. Some of the lines seem to be cut off (or they forget a period I don't know which). Although it doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment since the other two games had it too.

Back to Case 3~

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Chocojournal
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:04 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2007, 10:04 PM #58 of 77
lol, I've actually started taking my coffee black after playing this game.

And trust me, case 4 and 5 will have you in tears.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 06:49 AM #59 of 77
LAWL at all you fuckers who have already beaten it.

I just got mine in the mail today (lawl backorders), and the first case was a breeze, largely in part due to having already played it through a translation.

Just started case two, and I must say that "Mask the Mask" is quite possibly the greatest name I have ever heard in my entire fucking life. Seriously laughed all night. If the rest of the game is as good as this, I'm sold.

Most amazing jew boots

#654: Braixen
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:36 AM #60 of 77
Tails, did you preorder from Capcom too? Mine still hasn't arrived.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 05:17 PM #61 of 77
Nah, Amazon.com.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 11:53 PM #62 of 77
Tails, did you preorder from Capcom too? Mine still hasn't arrived.

SAME HERE. I'm so sad. Oh well... SMG is going to keep me happy (in a few days) til it finally arrives.

Anyone think its the plushie production that was the reason for its being backordered?

Old Nov 10, 2007, 01:16 AM #63 of 77
I dunno. Doesn't seem to keep Capcom from shipping them out to people who weren't able to get them with their preorder at retailers. They may simply be out of stock of their own game which makes no sense considering you ought to set aside this kind of shit for your preorder folks on your own company store. Maybe they got way too many orders.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2007, 03:52 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2007, 01:52 AM #64 of 77
LAWL at all you fuckers who have already beaten it.

I just got mine in the mail today (lawl backorders), and the first case was a breeze, largely in part due to having already played it through a translation.

Just started case two, and I must say that "Mask the Mask" is quite possibly the greatest name I have ever heard in my entire fucking life. Seriously laughed all night. If the rest of the game is as good as this, I'm sold.
Huh. In the Japanese version I imported, his name's like Mask*DeMasque. Which is still sorta lol, but not quite as much as Mask the Mask.

Oh, and if you think that's good wait until you meet Basil and present random evidence she doesn't know anything about.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2007, 04:14 AM #65 of 77
Huh. In the Japanese version I imported, his name's like Mask*DeMasque. Which is still sorta lol, but not quite as much as Mask the Mask.
They carry it over that way in this, but when you first hear about him Phoenix translates it literally as "Mask the Mask?", and I haven't been able to think of it any other way since. It was hilarious.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2007, 04:21 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2007, 03:21 AM #66 of 77
DeMasque means "the Mask" or "of Mask" in French, so it's not incorrect.

Trance Machina

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 07:15 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2007, 04:15 AM #67 of 77
And trust me, case 4 and 5 will have you in tears.
I finally beat the game and realized this.

Only click if you beat Case 5:
I did not expect Godot though, that was a "Turnabout" if I ever saw one. And how everything came together so nicely near the end. It was so sad Maya saw her Mother but didn't really know until she was already dead. Plus adding that photo that was hidden in Misty's Talisman? Talk about tear jerker.

It's what I love about Phoenix Wright though. It's like reading a Novel, only it's interactive. After beating the game I feel as if I grew up with Phoenix and Co. And that's what makes a game great.

Chocojournal
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2007, 07:24 AM #68 of 77
Spoiler:
I know! I was so fucking tempted to make an avatar/sig based on the ending of Case 4 (or to be more specific, Diego's reaction to Terry Fawles killing himself), but I decided against it since it would spoil the game.

Then I tried to make a sig/avatar with Phoenix covered in coffee as the avatar and Godot throwing it as the sig, but I suck at photoshop and nobody offered to help me when I asked in the sig/av request thread.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 03:01 PM #69 of 77
Yo, Griff.:
I'll see what I could do.

And after a half-hour worth of work...:

Enjoy.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Chaotic; Nov 11, 2007 at 03:32 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 05:09 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2007, 03:09 PM #70 of 77
Spoiler:
Thank you so much. Now I just need Godot and I'm all set.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 05:21 PM #71 of 77
???:
??? Godot is under Phoenix. <.<

Here it is again, but host it elsewhere.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 07:54 PM #72 of 77
Just want to say,

THANK YOU

for using spoiler tags. Its very much appreciated. There's plenty (perhaps... not) of people who still haven't gotten the game due to Capcom's fuck up somewhere. But again, thank you to all of you for doing so in consideration since.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:04 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2007, 09:04 PM #73 of 77
Spoiler:
Oh, DAMMIT. Sorry about that. Friggin' internet sometimes refuses to load images.

I see it now.

EDIT: Aaaaaugh stupid fucking GFF says it's too big. -_-;

EDIT 2: And after pirating a .GIF animator I'd downloaded a trial before a while ago, it should work now. =D

Last edited by The_Griffin; Nov 11, 2007 at 11:17 PM.
Trance Machina

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:19 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2007, 08:19 PM #74 of 77
Just want to say,

THANK YOU

for using spoiler tags. Its very much appreciated.
Haha, Phoenix Wright definitely is something where almost all spoilers should be avoided and found out yourself. I am unfortunate and had thought (silly brain) that the second and third games weren't coming out so I had read the synopsis of the cases over at court-records.net.

<-- What I looked like when the second game was announced.

Still fun experience though, but I bet I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't spoiled myself.

EDIT: Lookin' good Griffin. :P

Chocojournal
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:25 PM #75 of 77
Spoiler:
Oh, DAMMIT. Sorry about that. Friggin' internet sometimes refuses to load images.

I see it now.

EDIT: Aaaaaugh stupid fucking GFF says it's too big. -_-;

EDIT 2: And after pirating a .GIF animator I'd downloaded a trial before a while ago, it should work now. =D

Spoiler:
Oops, which one was too big <.<?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Phoenix Wright 3: Trials & Tribulations