Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Ocean's Thirteen

chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:52 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 02:52 PM #1 of 10
Ocean's Thirteen

Trailer here if you haven't seen it yet.

As much I feel this series is going to good to bad, I'm still going to watch it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:11 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 05:11 PM #2 of 10
I enjoy the movies mostly for their humor. The dry, tongue-in-cheek feel to it is hilarious. It's the kind of movie you can watch repeatedly and often catch something new =p

I liked 11 and 12. 13 might be alright. I find it odd that Benedict is helping them out, but hey. Wutevah.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:43 PM #3 of 10
I've seen Ocean's Eleven many times (mostly when it's on TV), and I still enjoy it immensely each time. It's just so much fun to watch all those characters together.

Twelve wasn't too bad, but it doesn't approach the greatness that is Eleven. It still had its moments, though (laser scene + music!).

Looking forward to Thirteen.

EDIT: I must say that I love the style of music in these movies. Really good stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:12 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 06:12 PM #4 of 10
I thought the dance scene (Night Fox guy doing his workout) and laser sequence were out of place, to be honest =( But hey, that's me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:47 PM #5 of 10
Well it's got Al fucking Pacino added to the list of cast in this one, so I can't wait for this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:58 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 04:58 PM #6 of 10
You gotta pay attention to the big names (I second the awesomeness of adding Al Pacino to this one), regardless of how you might have felt about 12.

Hopefully a return to a (seemingly) simpler plot will create a much more tight and enjoyable movie. This is one is on my "to watch" list for sure.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:14 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 05:14 PM #7 of 10
I really hope this is one of those "the-first-and-third-are-way-better-than-the-second" series. I really don't like the Twelve, and I can just pray that there will never be a fourteen.

All negativity aside, as long as the tricks are cool, the pranks are epic, the cast is legendary ('sup Pacino) and music is funky then the movie should be great.

I'm really an easy guy to please

FELIPE NO
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 08:05 PM #8 of 10
I saw the trailer on apple.com a while ago and I was pretty excited about it.
I just checked imdb and Julia Roberts isn't listed in the cast. I know 13 is for the sake of the name but still, I was expecting her to be in it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:02 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 07:02 PM #9 of 10
yeah I still really liked the music, (I actually bought the sound track for twelve) but when I saw the trailer at the theaters it just really feels they're trying just too hard. (Even with Al, but still a cool addition) I mean eleven was classy and twelve was a funny sequel, but I really hope they don't make fourteen and fifteen just because.
I LOVE heist movies and if they're gonna add new hiests then that'll be awesome, but like they did in twelve with character ties, it's gonna be hard.

So thats why I feel this series is going from Ocean's11 = awesome to Ocean's23+ = pathetic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Negative_8
Integer

Member 2576

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:18 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 04:18 PM #10 of 10
What is up with all the Asian-ness? First Chow Yun Fat is in Pirates of the Carribean now this?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Ocean's Thirteen