Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Ghost Rider - "I can eat a peach for hooours..."

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:25 AM #26 of 30
I saw this movie opening night, which to my suprise was sold out till the 10:10pm showing.

I can say that this movie was definitely bad. BUT, I still enjoyed it greatly. Ghost Rider had been a childhood favorite of mine, so maybe there's some bias in my opinion of the movie.

I think something that helps making the movie "enjoyable" is if you see it not expecting anything too serious. After all, how serious can you take a hero with a flaming skull and a motorcycle, and an origin that takes all of 20 minutes to tell? Also, just as a sidenote, it's just as quick in the comic, basically (although some stuff was switched around).

I found the CGI to be hit-or-miss in some areas, but I was pleased with it for the most part. The dialogue was pretty much horrible, but again, you can't go to this expecting Citizen Kane.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:28 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 10:28 AM #27 of 30
Quote:
and an origin that takes all of 20 minutes to tell?
Uh. Peter Parker was a nerd who was bitten by a radioactive spider and given spider-like superpowers. Eventually his uncle dies and the guilt drives him to become Spiderman.

If it takes 20 minutes to relate the origin of a super hero, one would think people are going to take that seriously.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:54 AM #28 of 30
Uh. Peter Parker was a nerd who was bitten by a radioactive spider and given spider-like superpowers. Eventually his uncle dies and the guilt drives him to become Spiderman.

If it takes 20 minutes to relate the origin of a super hero, one would think people are going to take that seriously.
True enough. I guess I just don't think of Spider-Man's origin as being as simple. Even though looking back, they're all fairly simple to begin with.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 01:00 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 12:00 PM #29 of 30
Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Zero character development. None. Sure Johnny is cursed and is forced to live a life that cannot end until Satan calls in a favor in exchange for his soul, but that won't stop him from enjoying monkey kung fu fights and doing tricks on the highway to impress Eva Mendes.

And yeah, she's his one true love. Do we get anything about that? Aside from a scene under a tree, nope.

Why does Blackheart look like he's going to a NIN show rather than being the sone of the devil? Who are these elemental henchmen that Johnny dispatches like poor quality sub bosses in a videogame (available on PS2!)?

The dialogue was horrid (I like to watch TV), and the acting was quite bad. And I found the CGI to be pretty poor. GR's head appeared to be disproportionate to the rest of his body. He looked like a shrunken flaming head.

Overall I was simply bored with it. Nothing exciting happened. I couldn't connect with the characters. I didn't want Johnny to succeed. I didn't want him to lose, I simply didn't care. Once and audience can't connect with a character and becomes aware of this, it's over. Any emotional investment in watching the movie is lost.

When you are at the point of fighting off sleep during the "big action scene", you know there is a problem.

On the comic book shitty movie scale I rank this just below X3 (Which was abysmal) and only slightly above Spawn (which was...bad).

I was speaking idiomatically.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Lalala
astro lady

Member 6122

Level 6.82

May 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:14 PM #30 of 30
I found the movie pretty entertaining and fun but the dialouge was some of the worse I have ever heard. Aside from that it was good stuff.
lol Agreed! The dialogue was cringe worthy. The villains were stupid. But Entertaining? Yes. The worst comic book adaptation? Not quite.

I don't really think it's as bad as my brother said. He said "Ghost Rider makes The Wicker Man look like an academy award winning movie". I've seen better comic book movies but at the same time I've seen worse. It was OK.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Ghost Rider - "I can eat a peach for hooours..."