Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 278 Voting/WEEK 279 Nominating

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2013, 06:09 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2013, 04:09 PM #26 of 32
I think part of it too is that (and this is through nothing you guys did) it just seemed like a pretty small club, and it's hard to break into that kind of scene, you know?

I'll give it an effort going forward.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:14 AM #27 of 32
I don't think six tracks is the worst thing in the world. We settled on eight originally, and it's a good number, but six is certainly workable if that's the new standard.

More theme weeks is a good start. I'm supremely guilty of not nominating stuff for a variety of reasons; if I actually decided to get my act together, I could nominate something every once in awhile, certainly not weekly or bi-weekly.

My biggest kick out of this is exposure to new music, even if I don't end up (for the large majority of them) tracking down the album and listening to it.

I've had an idea -- as a companion to SotW or eventual replacement if it completely peters out -- to do an album club. Each week/two weeks someone picks a soundtrack, everyone listens to it and discusses. More time commitment that SotW listening-wise for sure, but less demanding on multiple people, since it's one person coming up with one album at a time. I think it would be fun to do at some point.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2013, 03:00 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2013, 04:00 PM #28 of 32
I think six tracks is okay too. If we get less noms than that, I guess either wait for a new nom to make up the numbers, or tweak the scoring system accordingly to accommodate?

Album club sounds like an interesting idea. For people who might be pressed for time, the album nominator could perhaps identify up to six of his/her favourite tracks for the rest to sample? I don't mind seeing this in the future, though I don't imagine myself being able to nominate many albums over time because, as it is, I tend to run out of stuff to nominate even for SotW. :P

Most amazing jew boots
I think therefore I am... I think.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2013, 03:17 PM #29 of 32
oops .

EDIT: This was a great week and I'm sad I wasn't able to vote for it, though it's entirely my fault for not getting in early. Regarding Elorin's reasons for lack of participation, it's been 100% real life issues that kept me away this week. I have not run out of music to nominate, and I'll probably grow out of VGM over my dead body. I'm not even sure that the third point - the one about being on Facebook/Twitter too much is a viable excuse, though (unless you're in marketing and it's your job to advertise over those, but then that would probably fall under the real life point anyway).

Personally I'd still like to limit SOTW to official music/arranges, though Doujin theme weeks would be cool. I would definitely be down for allowing more popular series tracks in SotW, though this may be disputed.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Aug 25, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:36 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2013, 08:36 PM #30 of 32
Hey guys, one of my friends who has a site on the same server as SotW says he experienced some data loss from the last 1-3 days. If there were any recent changes to the SotW main or wiki DBs that seems to be lost, please let me know!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:48 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2013, 10:48 PM #31 of 32
The last updates I made were four days ago. Checked 'em out and everything seems fine.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2013, 04:45 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2013, 01:45 AM #32 of 32
The last updates I made were four days ago. Checked 'em out and everything seems fine.
Thanks!

Also, sorry for posting in an old thread. Didn't see Week 279 go up.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 278 Voting/WEEK 279 Nominating