Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:23 PM #426 of 777
So, should I upload "Better Than the Beatles?"

Y'know, the Shaggs tribute album?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:05 PM #427 of 777
Well, I knew that Deerhoof covered "My Pal Foot Foot", but I didn't realize that this may/may not have been from a Shaggs tribute album. I thought it might've just been an independent thing, given the fact that Deerhoof are one of the big names in Noise-Rock and Noise-Pop and basically owe their sound to that famous accident of the 60s. I must hear this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:15 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 10:15 PM #428 of 777
I think there's more of a connection between The Shaggs and punk music (in the Slits or The Raincoats vein) than between The Shaggs and Noise music really. For all their ineptitude, they're trying to write pop songs, whereas most noise acts have gallons of talent but purposely fuck around and do weird things. Noise rock really has stronger roots in free jazz than in stuff like this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:25 PM #429 of 777
OK, so finally listening to the album again for the first time in 3 years and I was giggling and clapping my hands and SOOOOOOO happy.

Most amazing jew boots
Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:26 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 12:26 PM #430 of 777
I think there's more of a connection between The Shaggs and punk music (in the Slits or The Raincoats vein) than between The Shaggs and Noise music really. For all their ineptitude, they're trying to write pop songs, whereas most noise acts have gallons of talent but purposely fuck around and do weird things. Noise rock really has stronger roots in free jazz than in stuff like this.
Yeah, I think I agree with knkwzrd on this one.

I find that a lot of noise rock relies heavily on playing knowledge as well as in-depth knowledge of guitar effects (Agata of Melt-Banana comes to mind) instead of random (simulations of) ineptitude. Of course, there are certain noise rock bands that are writing pop songs from another, very noisy dimension (deerhoof~) but for most bands, that just isn't on the agenda.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 11:34 PM #431 of 777
Really enjoying this Earth album, wvlf. Thanks for that.

I'll probably be uploading some Bohren & Der Club of Gore after I can re-encode it in VBR. It's dark, creepy nightclub jazz, and someone recommended it to me after I requested the music from The Maxx series.

I considered uploading Amon Tobin's latest, Foley Room, but I only had it in 320 cbr. You can definitely tell the difference between vinyl sampling on his last album and the outside sampling he did on this one, though. Motorcycles and Rhinocerous sounds.

FELIPE NO
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:55 PM #432 of 777
Well, that shows just how much I know about Noise-[genre]. My primary exposure has really been - you guessed it - Deerhoof, so they're the one's that I keep coming back to in reference to such things because they're what I know. I'm gonna have to get into more Noise-anything to really understand the genre(s) better.

My apologies, knk and Schad - as knowledgeable as I'd like to think I am about music, you two regularly put me to shame.

Most amazing jew boots
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 11:02 PM #433 of 777
Hey, whatever. It's still great music.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 10:22 PM #434 of 777
I gave that Sounds of American Doomsday Cults thing a listen and I gotta say that it was a polarizing experience. I mean, it gave me primordial chills just listening to it but I wanted to break out in laughter when they were naming off bands that were
"the enemy" (Men at Work was apparently a force of evil. Who'd have thunk it?)

Yeah... It's a trip to listen to but definitely not for everyone's tastes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:50 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 11:50 AM #435 of 777
I gotta say, Methe, I've been consistently impressed by your MEC posts. Even a Mike Patton project I've never heard. Very nice stuff.
Cool thanks. Glad you're enjoying them.

Originally Posted by Encephalon
Yeah... It's a trip to listen to but definitely not for everyone's tastes.
I listened to it the other day too. It's one of those deals that you can listen to and appreciate and be shocked by. But it's certainly not something that I'm gonna throw in my regular rotation.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:24 PM #436 of 777
OK, so question: Brian Viglione's (drummer for The Dresden Dolls) blog on myspace pointed me at Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. I've heard a few bits of some songs and I'm hooked. Anyone have any of it?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:11 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 09:11 AM #437 of 777
Well, that shows just how much I know about Noise-[genre]. My primary exposure has really been - you guessed it - Deerhoof, so they're the one's that I keep coming back to in reference to such things because they're what I know. I'm gonna have to get into more Noise-anything to really understand the genre(s) better.

My apologies, knk and Schad - as knowledgeable as I'd like to think I am about music, you two regularly put me to shame.
Hey, whatever. It's still great music.
knk speaks the truth. In the end, it's still good listening.

I'm thinking of uploading both of Black Eyes' albums sometime soon. No wave/free jazz influenced noise-rock with two drummers. Awesome.

Originally Posted by Skexis
I'll probably be uploading some Bohren & Der Club of Gore after I can re-encode it in VBR. It's dark, creepy nightclub jazz, and someone recommended it to me after I requested the music from The Maxx series.
YES. Bohren & Der Club of Gore is AWESOME.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:30 AM #438 of 777
The Big Chill album that Enceph uploaded is great. You guys need to check it out. It's perfectly suited for studying at 2 AM.

Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:30 PM #439 of 777
My thoughts on some recent stuff:

Earth, Boris and the Melvins I all loved. I was actually able to get bittorrent working at my school somehow and was able to get a whole lot more from them (About 8-10 Earth albums, mostly one to three track albums, 17 other Boris albums, and I'm still downloading a torrent of about 19 other Melvins albums).

The Shaggs were quite amusing. I listened to the whole album and made a crazy pic in MSPaint while listening (even made a weird looking shark/tiger based on Foot Foot). I may play them on my radio show this Sunday (hell, maybe I'll just do a show with stuff from or inspired the getting from MEC).

I'm listening to Bohren Der Club of Gore right now, and I have to say I really really dig this. It sounds like a cross between Yasunori Mitsuda and Akira Yamoaka to me. If they have more I'd love to get it. First thing I thought when hearing it was I'm definitely going to be writing to this. Expect my entry for War of the Words to be influenced by this, whenever I get my damn prompt that is.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:22 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 06:22 PM #440 of 777
Oh my god, Skex! That Bohren & Der Club of Gore album is some damn sexy music. See... This is the kind of ambient music I would have loved Sin City to play in every scene. It actually BLEEDS sexy, cool and mystery all around. <3

If you have any more I'd love to hear it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:26 PM #441 of 777
So, knk. If I thought the movie kinda sucked and was kinda blah on the music as well, should I still download the OST?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:42 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 11:42 PM #442 of 777
You thought the 1973 Wicker Man sucked?

But... wha... I don't...

Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:36 AM #443 of 777
I think you've broken his brain, wvlf. The fact that he doesn't appreciate this particular cult Horror classic is absolutely baffling to our resident cult-culture expert.

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 07:35 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 02:35 PM #444 of 777
Horror Classic? Maybe you should watch it again ... =/

The soundtrack is amazing. It talks to every parts of my Pagan atavism.

BTW, I'm joining you guys. Been lazy about it for too long.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:07 PM #445 of 777
You thought the 1973 Wicker Man sucked?

But... wha... I don't...

Too many random boobies rubbing against walls. And I haven't seen the remake.

If it's any consolation, I adore about everything to come out of the Italian horror scene and may upload the Suspiria OST one of these days.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 01:06 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 11:06 PM #446 of 777
I just posed The Violin Player, and while I know its not strictly classical music, I hope I don't have to defend against comments of 'commercialization' from Musical Hall people.

Also, I would post more, but my internet is on/off and uploading an album would surely kill me on that end =X

I might put something up monday night however.

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:10 AM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 04:10 PM #447 of 777
Just posted a 60ies Medieval Epic soundtrack and another folk/pagan ambient album. Hope some of you enjoy these ~

FELIPE NO
knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:35 AM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 09:35 AM #448 of 777
Loved the Pekka Pohjola record, niki.

I'm gonna be putting up a lot of stuff through the weekend. Some more eclectic posts. Keep an eye out for some live Grateful Dead, some post-rock, a few interesting compilations and a handful of other stuff.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Goubot
Chocobo

Member 4134

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:34 PM #449 of 777
Just saw this topic. I'd like to thank everyone who's posted, I've gotten some excellent music from this. And I hope you liked The Wipers.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 05:17 PM #450 of 777
The next Bohren & der Club of Gore album is up, and if I have time, I'll probably upload Dredg's Leitmotif album later on, since that was the only one that didn't show up in the last crop of Dredg uploads.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion