Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Bleedover

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:35 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 03:35 PM #1 of 18
Gamingforce Bleedover

For those of you that have any disparity between real life and gamingforce personalities, do you see any of your forum personality creeping into your real life?

I just got confronted last night by my best friend about how when I'm active on Gamingforce, I'm generally more bitter and prone to bouts of biting sarcasm (as opposed to my typical normal sarcasm). Apparently those around me have complained to her about it, as well, and when my brother first found out I was back at Gamingforce, he called her up just to tell her. Sound the alarm, or whatever.

(this is part of why I'd like Gamingforce to be a nicer place, but whaddyagonnado)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:09 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 06:09 PM #2 of 18
Nah. What I am on GFF is pretty much what I am in real life. The only difference is that I am a bit more outgoing and more confident in real life than on here. I would say there is very little that has spread from GFF to real life. The only thing that has really happened is the amount of times I mention this forums or use peoples advice on GFF to help other people in my real life.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:26 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 05:26 PM #3 of 18
I think I'm more myself on Gamingforce than in real life. I expand that sarcastic side of myself a bit more than I usually allow myself. Let go of some of the control barrier things that I put up. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is something entirely different. :/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:46 PM #4 of 18
I certainly hate on Sony more rabidly on GFF, because I get enjoyment out of how much it pisses some people off. Other than that, I'm pretty much the same way in real life, albeit more social on the film front among my circle of friends.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:47 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 04:47 PM #5 of 18
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about if you'd be willing to earn your Red Wings.

I think I act pretty similar on the forums as in person, though I tend to be a little more willing to use offensive humor here than in person. I mean, I can't imagine using "nigger stole my bike" or any of those kinds of things with my normal friends. It probably wouldn't wind up with good results.

How ya doing, buddy?
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:59 PM #6 of 18
Vivi is cooler IRL, actually.

The one bleedover I've really noticed is just that I laugh more easily and my sense of humor is honestly better since joining GFF. I've used phrases such as 'GET OUT' or 8.8 IRL but not very often.

I think there is somewhat of a disparity between my online persona and how I am IRL. I mean, I play up my personality somewhat around Skills just for LOLs but with most people I really don't play the 'musical elitist' card in the same way I do on the forums or in Chat. Also, the language I use is MUCH less strong.

I mean, some of the musical stupidity is still there. I CRINGE when notes are out of tune and I analyse pop tunes for fun just so that I can have a factual basis for saying they suck.

Overall, I think that I come over as a 'small person' on the internet. i.e. 5'8" 140lbs weakling / pesty annoying little guy on the internet (so what Skills is IRL) but in reality I am a large individual with a big personality.

One other bleedover is that I can be the brunt of a joke more often then not. The only difference is that in real life, I can actually sit on or otherwise abuse the offender in quesion.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:11 PM #7 of 18
I'm a lot nicer here on GFF than in real life. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good english student, so usually when I think of things it's hard for me to put it into words, which would ultimately make me sounds like an idiot when trying to insult someone....kind of like how I sound like an idiot now...
If I were to get into an arguement face to face with someone, I'd fare a lot better than in one over the internet.

FELIPE NO
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:53 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 06:53 PM #8 of 18
I'd shoot myself if my GFF personality got fused into my real life, and lots of other people would probably shoot me too. I have no problem getting along with people IRL, and I make friends easily with all different types of people, but here... I dunno. I try to be as much myself here as I am outside of the internet, but it just doesn't come across the same, it comes across pretty badly - I can tell and so can everyone else, obviously. So yeah, I don't think there's any "bleedover" one direction or the other, for me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:54 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 07:54 PM #9 of 18
What is real life?
Come on rocketdog, you have a real life.... right?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 03:12 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 12:12 AM #10 of 18
I'm generally the same in real life and on the forums. I tend to only keep a few people close and they manage to learn more about me than what I generally show to the public. I suppose the only noticeable difference is that I joke around a lot more in person.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 03:56 AM #11 of 18
I'm pretty much the same online and off. However, GFF has caused several phrases to leak into my common vocabulary. Most notably is the usage of "FAIL" and fail related phrases. My brother is probably ready to thwack me after a couple weeks of dealing with that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:01 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 08:01 AM #12 of 18
I'm not here enough to have bleedover. Well, I take that back. I've often used particularly good gamingforce topics when trying to start up a conversation in real life. There is another forum that I go to that has really changed my lifestyle though, just because they people on it live in my city. Once I got to know them online, we started to hang out, and now my peer group is very different.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:49 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 04:49 PM #13 of 18
No, so far I have been successfully able to differ between "Gamingforce Interactive Forums" and real lyfe~

The day I notice that GFF starts to influence my life, I should quit, I guess. (the boards, not my life)

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 01:12 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 11:12 AM #14 of 18
I think I'm the same, but I'm probably less outspoken in real life... but I'm my usual happy-go-lucky non-confrontational-but-ninjanesque awesome ridiculous fun-loving self. Probably the fact that I know less gamers in means the topics I discuss in real life are different, but that's about it. I may be a bit more sarcastic here though, but I'm more sarcastic with my real-life friends online too.

My friends know my interests (sup anime, manga, lots and lots of music) but often can't relate to those (other than sports video games), so that's why I'm here, sort of an outlet I guess... wheee tangent.

But as for a Gamingforce bleedover... I don't really have one. If anything, I have a real life bleedover into here, since I tend to throw in some of the jokes and stuff from my friends around in here sometimes. The nerd in me does come out on occasion, which I tend to control more in real life than here in Gamingforce, of course. ^^ But the source of that nerd is more from my field than from something online.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:23 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 01:23 AM #15 of 18
It's more like what I portray online is what I am irl. IRL I'm much more aggressive and blunt, saying what's on my mind and at times cursing like a sailor around my roommates. I think because I'm lazy to type everything I usually say, I don't show much personality around here.

Most amazing jew boots
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:44 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 11:44 PM #16 of 18
I tend to act more mature and speak more eloquently when I'm on GFF. Most of the old GFF'ers and experienced forum folk tend to be smarter than the people I know IRL. 0_o Probably nobody from GFF would think I was who I was online if you knew me in real life.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:21 AM #17 of 18
Hmm... My real life self bleeds into my internet self really. It'll just spill all over the journals. xD

But like in manner of posting and allowing yourself be known to others, its not the same. Maybe it is... but it really depends on the eye of the beholder.

IRL I come off as brash, strict, no nonsense, quick to the point, and generally polite and nice to whomever I wish to at work. At home though, I totally fuck around. I let loose silliness, relaxed attitude, and confused. Often confused.

And here on the internet, I finally get the chance to fully use my brainwaves for putting some words together a consicous thought string. I couldn't write fast enough to catch up with my thoughts like my typing do. So hence my journals got the brunt of most of my thoughts in freeform.

So there's no GFF bleedover in my life really. I WISH though... it would be NICE for a change for myself to be able to explain myself better to people irl. But then again... rereading words on screen vs verbal sounds to memory isn't even half of the battle. I have to be a better writer or speaker.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Philia; Feb 10, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:40 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 04:40 PM #18 of 18
The person I am on gamingforce is who I am everysingle day of my life. No alterations, no nothing. I'm not exciting enough to be like that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Gamingforce Bleedover