Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] GamingForce TV
Closed Thread

Meridius
He's Back! Run!

Member 31850

Level 2.12

Sep 2008

Old Oct 1, 2008, 02:17 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 08:17 PM 1 #1 of 13
Thumbs up GamingForce TV

Yeah yeah, I know, I've disappeared for two years and I immediately set about doing something big and scary, but hear me out.

I had an idea the other day about having our own community vidcast (basically like a podcast.. but video, strangely enough), and decided to put the idea to you all.

Note I said vidcast, because for ADHD types like me, podcasts are dull as hell for holding attention. Plus, I've worked with Channel 4 and the BBC in the UK so video editing is a piece of cake anyway.

As for taking part, that would be relatively simple. Anyone willing to contribute a segment could do so, providing they have at the bare minimum a webcam and a way to record audio (i.e. the microphone on the webcam), but of course, a proper camera/camcorder would be preferred. I could also set up an FTP server so files could be uploaded directly there to keep video quality high.

Of course, segments would have to be checked to see if they would make it into the final production (i.e. quality of video and of content). We can't have a mass of newbies submitting godawful webcam reviews of the latest Dragonball Z game. As for how this checking would proceed, any ideas would be welcome.

Anyhoo, I just thought I would throw this out there. If there's enough interest, we'll talk about taking it further

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 02:29 PM #2 of 13
Well, we've already got a weekly show/podcast, and I've only had one steady contributor as far as pre-recorded content. To me, the most entertaining part of the show is the interaction between the participants, and that's hard to get with taped segments from lone members. I could see this as a one-time project, though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Meridius
He's Back! Run!

Member 31850

Level 2.12

Sep 2008

Old Oct 1, 2008, 02:35 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 08:35 PM #3 of 13
Well, we've already got a weekly show/podcast, and I've only had one steady contributor as far as pre-recorded content. To me, the most entertaining part of the show is the interaction between the participants, and that's hard to get with taped segments from lone members. I could see this as a one-time project, though.
Yes I saw that earlier, but I do see your point. Maybe we could have certain (willing obviously) members meet up with other members for segments?

I think the way to go would probably be a pilot (in other words the one-time project), and if the format seems to work then it could continue on say a monthly or bi-monthly basis.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 03:29 PM 6 #4 of 13
Kind of off-topic, but bear with me here:

This would be cool to do in the Chocojournals too. Like, instead of writing crap down that's so incredibly TL;DR worthy it ain't funny, they could just talk for 5 minutes or so and get it all out. Kind of like a Lonelygirl15 thing, only, you know, LonelyChocobo15.

Back on-topic:

It would be an interesting video, if done right. I think it all depends on what the contributions are like. I'm a big fan of vidcasts like Martin Sargent's Internet Superstar after all.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:51 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2008, 12:51 AM 2 #5 of 13
There's very little that makes my blood boil more than people gazing into a webcam, moving back and forth in their office chairs and saying "um" a lot.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:01 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 08:01 PM #6 of 13
Some people would pay good money to see creepy GFFers on a webcam! ;V

LIVE WEBCAM. I mean come on. This is a damned gold mine! =0

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Meridius
He's Back! Run!

Member 31850

Level 2.12

Sep 2008

Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:04 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2008, 02:04 AM #7 of 13
There's very little that makes my blood boil more than people gazing into a webcam, moving back and forth in their office chairs and saying "um" a lot.
Agreed, but hey, we need to be able to keep it accessible to people who may not have a camcorder. Of course, it doesn't guarantee their segment will be accepted if they go "um" a lot

How ya doing, buddy?
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:12 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 06:12 PM #8 of 13
Some people would pay good money to see creepy GFFers on a webcam! ;V
Did you just volunteer, Gech?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:33 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 08:33 PM #9 of 13
Depending upon the pay! I shan't free myself up for less than $4.21 per show or, alternatively, a can of roasted, salted pecans! Those damn things are hard to find around here!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:51 PM 1 #10 of 13
Depending upon the pay! I shan't free myself up for less than $4.21 per show or, alternatively, a can of roasted, salted pecans!
Why, so you can shake your salty nuts around on camera?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:26 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 09:26 PM #11 of 13
Kind of off-topic, but bear with me here:

This would be cool to do in the Chocojournals too. Like, instead of writing crap down that's so incredibly TL;DR worthy it ain't funny, they could just talk for 5 minutes or so and get it all out. Kind of like a Lonelygirl15 thing, only, you know, LonelyChocobo15.

Back on-topic:

It would be an interesting video, if done right. I think it all depends on what the contributions are like. I'm a big fan of vidcasts like Martin Sargent's Internet Superstar after all.
Youtube exists for this type of nonsense. Much easier to do it there.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:47 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2008, 11:47 PM #12 of 13
Why, so you can shake your salty nuts around on camera?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Meridius
He's Back! Run!

Member 31850

Level 2.12

Sep 2008

Old Oct 2, 2008, 02:01 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2008, 08:01 PM #13 of 13
Well the lack of interest and best of all, the post above says it all really.

Plus, after thinking it over the past day or so, it would be a struggle to make it work anyway! So thread closed to prevent Gech's salty nuts being broadcast to the nation.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] GamingForce TV