Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

DEAR ASSHOLES WHO WHINE A LOT

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:12 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 11:12 AM #26 of 82
My new name owns, I'm so glad to be able to post with it BUT OH NO WHO AM I ON INTERNET FORUM??????? ANONYMITY?!?!?!??!?!?!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:22 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 12:22 PM #27 of 82
Most name changes come out of the thread-that-doesn't-end. Not GFchat.
True that. Certainly all the ones I'm responsible for come from there or journals and most of the name changes I go through are other people's choices.

It's not like we change people's names that often and I like to think that generally it's still pretty clear who the person is afterwards. Admittedly I'm a bit easier to spot thanks to my fabulous water-mark but of all the recent changes, it was only the HIV thing that could have led to any confusion and that was kinda the point. If you can't tell who someone is from the style and content of their posts and their av and sig then chances are they're not saying anything too monumental. I really don't see why it makes such a difference to people whether they know immediately who made a particular post and to reiterate, we don't even do it that much.

Crash, the only namechange request I've not cc'd you into recently was changing the HIV ones to Dwarves, other than that I've given you a complete head's up of changes and in fact reasons therefore for every one I've requested so you can't complain about being out of the loop there.

The whole point of name changes is either for cheap laughs or to be annoying, either to the person who's name gets changed or to everyone else. I guess what's happened is that myself and Skills have ended up being the most active mods here and as such, our collective sense of humour has become the over-riding force behind the majority of mod actions of late. Now I'm not going to stop contributing to the place because God knows hardly anyone else ever posts but maybe we need some balance. Now might be a good time to shake up the staff a bit, let those who have no interest in moderating the place anymore step down and get some new blood in who might have some good ideas about how to get some interaction going here that extend beyond coming up with increasingly inventive ways to fuck with people's posts and profiles.

Or you could just make me and Skills admins.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:00 AM 2 #28 of 82
I am totally on board this admin powers for everyone gig and by everyone I mean include me in this fun party too. =)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:05 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 08:05 PM 1 #29 of 82
Shin and Skills... admins?

Forecasting a boardwide crash 2 hours after it is effected. You heard it here first.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:13 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 01:13 PM #30 of 82
2 hours?

I think 10 minutes is closer to the mark.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:17 AM #31 of 82
The counterpoint is that to somebody who's not a part of the joke, and doesn't really give a damn about the joke because he doesn't give a damn about the endless thread, it's actually annoying.

Yeah, I had a list of who was who with the STD Stooges but it was buried in my PM box. That thing does fill steadily. Did you seriously think I was going to fish for it each time I was confused by a changed name? That's really too much work.

Eventually, I began to consistently remember who was who. It wasn't an overnight process but I had them mostly figured out.

But then they all became dwarves. Suddenly, the mystery was renewed and I was scratching my head again. That's not funny, it's frustrating. I don't give a shit if one person thinks they're behaving like Disney characters and wants their names to reflect this - or whatever the story is. I want their names to reflect who the fuck they actually are, so that I don't have to take numerous extra steps to know who I'm potentially addressing. And in the end, what I want is far more important to me, so I'm going to speak out about it.

This is about consistency, and it's about everyone knowing what the hell is going on. If I can't keep this shit straight, how is the average member who doesn't show up each and every day supposed to?

Honestly, I'd rather have the old feature that allowed one to turn off ridiculous name changes. It was very convenient, and I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Also, get off my lawn. I'm keeping your football. I remember when television was good and music didn't suck. Gas was once affordable. Andy Rooney was once funny. Soda came in glass bottles. My back hurts. And it's time for my Metamucil.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:23 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 01:23 PM #32 of 82
The only reason they became dwarves is because there were seven names to change and I thought it apt. They came close to being named after days of the week and the annoyance of ambiguity was exactly what I was going for.

Not knowing who people is can be fun, just look at aeroplane week. Like I said though, if my sense of humour is off-kilter with the rest of the boards then get someone involved who's a counter-point to that. Or, do exactly what you did, pull rank and change everything back again. That's cool, you're an admin, that's your perogative.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:28 AM #33 of 82
Apparently it's not because people are all "O NO U SO ANTI-FUN Y U H8 LOLZ?"

I just want things to make sense, even for a short period. Why is this so much to ask?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:32 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 01:32 PM #34 of 82
It's not too much to ask. As site admin, one of the key things you do is tell the mods to stop fucking about so much from time to time, and that's what you've done here. Skills tried to appease the whinging masses but apparently not well enough but there isn't really an issue here at the end of the day. You want fewer silly names and I know Styphon has had enough of the really long ones if nothing else so we'll cut it out for now.

Anyone got Miles' opinion on comedy name changes?

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:36 AM #35 of 82
To be fair, what I think doesn't hold that much currency anymore.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:41 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 01:41 PM #36 of 82
To be fair, what I think doesn't hold that much currency anymore.
You're still one of only five people with the power to ban me or de-mod me here. You tell me to do something I'll do it, mate.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:24 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 01:24 PM #37 of 82
I just want things to make sense, even for a short period. Why is this so much to ask?
Are you sure you are on the right website

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 09:47 AM #38 of 82
Can I go back to being Dopey, since I made it painfully obvious who I was, by the inclusion of both my Serispic and true achievement card? Considering that I never change my avatar, either, I'll wait until then to ask for a change back.

Oh and the fact that I have links to my journal in the sig, too? Except they're horribly broken for some reason that I can't determine. When I edit the sig, the link is perfectly fine. It's only when parsed that it fucks up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:42 AM #39 of 82
Anyone got Miles' opinion on comedy name changes?
Better yet, and not trying to be funny or anything but has anybody seen Miles? I haven't heard from him in a bit and it seems like he's busy off living his life and shit. Also if the mods haven't heard from him then who would have?

You're still one of only five people with the power to ban me or de-mod me here. You tell me to do something I'll do it, mate.

Look at you, no spine having Brit!

FELIPE NO

#654: Braixen
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:44 AM #40 of 82
Miles still posts on Facebook all the time. No idea if he pays attention to GFF though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:17 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2010, 12:17 AM #41 of 82
Curious how the owner of this place (Bobo, and then Miles and Bigblah) tend to lose interest.

Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:32 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 06:32 PM #42 of 82
Well excuuuuuuuuuse me for defering to the guy we elected as someone to defer to. =P

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:35 PM #43 of 82
Curious how the owner of this place (Bobo, and then Miles and Bigblah) tend to lose interest.
Well you've gotta remember niggas are getting busy (and also older) man. I know Miles has a j-o-b and school and Blah just got himself a serious gig not too long ago. At least they, unlike Bobo, left somebody behind who could actually look after the place.

However, considering CHzs recent campaign to see how much power he can give Skills before the place implodes, I am kinda worried about that part.

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me for defering to the guy we elected as someone to defer to. =P
Pffffff, shoe licker!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Most amazing jew boots

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:42 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 06:42 PM 4 #44 of 82
Lick this, bitch.

:grabsdick:

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:57 PM #45 of 82
I think the solution here is to make me a moderator

Because then I will fix everything

Spoiler:
By eating it

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:59 PM 8 #46 of 82
>implying you don't eat everything already

How ya doing, buddy?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 02:32 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 01:32 PM 1 #47 of 82
I think the solution here is to make me a moderator

Because then I will fix everything

Spoiler:
By eating it
don't see why not

Additional Spam:
KAPOW

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Apr 7, 2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:55 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 09:55 PM #48 of 82
Is Mo0 really a mod now or did you just give him a nifty custom title?

Also... how much access does an admin have on this here forum? Can they make code changes if they know how to? Cause maybe the solution here is for Crash to learn some PHP and get busy. Not with implementing display names necessarily, but I agree with the many people who said that putting true names on the drop-down menu would be fine.

Before you accuse me of whining, Skills, I have no trouble telling who is who during most of the changes, but the recent STD name chain kinda lost me, as do the themed weeks like AC Era, or Merv Deli.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:23 PM #49 of 82
You know, Tails, even I was scratching my head over that bit.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:00 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2010, 04:00 PM 1 #50 of 82
Some admins have code access, some do not.

I do not, and don't because that would create delicious chaos.

Crash does not because handing someone vBulletin of all things and saying HERE LEARN SOME PHP is a recipe for complete and utter disaster on a scale not seen since Hiroshima.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > DEAR ASSHOLES WHO WHINE A LOT