Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Music Fans- You are the annoyance

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 09:04 PM #26 of 48
I've run into pretty much the opposite problem as you, Living Legend. I get flac from Dream Theater-people for liking the rawer stuff sometimes. You're dead on with the 80's people though. Can't stand those guys. Fucking detailed facial hair.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:28 PM #27 of 48
The "music lovers" that I really don't like are people who only listen to one type of genre. Something like only rock. Everything is damn rock related. Has it occurred to them that there are other types of music worth listening to? I'm not saying I hate rock, but if that's the only thing you listen to, I don't think you can consider yourself a "music lover".

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:29 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 11:29 PM #28 of 48
EDIT: Looks like the tension disappeared from this thread, so now I'll change this to reflect the normal condition.

Personally, I prefer music to not have lyrics, so I gravitate towards the classical and instrumental genres. I also tend to prefer older music like oldies over the newer stuff. So maybe I fall into that "it's not as great as the classics" stereotype at times.

I tend to find annoyance at indie fans and others like them who tend to be band-hopping people in search for the latest in obscure cool.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database

Last edited by Dullenplain; May 8, 2006 at 12:52 AM.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 09:53 PM #29 of 48
A little rocky on the proper notification procedure, sorry for the delay. All gangbanging and grasping for straws has been split here. You can have your thread back now, Living Legend.

Most amazing jew boots

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:22 PM #30 of 48
Huh, so that's what happened. I was wondering why the thread suddenly got so much shorter.

Originally Posted by Living Legend
The other day, I got yelled at by a slayer fan
Hahahaha... hold it right there. You, friend, encountered a Slayer fan *, which explains everything. They are quite the interesting specimen, in the sense that they are impossible to reason with, and tend to have a collective IQ in the double digits. Their brutish stupidity is only matched by that of the Pantera fan, who give the Slayer fans quite a run for their money. So far, I have yet to encounter a dumber metalhead specimen than the Pantera fan, however. Now, those are great examples of types of "annoying music fan".

(*I like Slayer. Their first few albums are legendary, and the first one's a masterpiece. But the typical Slayer fanboy, from my experience, is pretty much as described... )

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 04:27 PM #31 of 48
Because we all know that anyone who likes all of Slayer's albums is clearly below us, and can't listen to anything that might be different.

FELIPE NO
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:35 PM #32 of 48
Underground Fanatic-These fans are usually the ones that love underground music, but once the bands they like become big, they completely turn on their band for becoming successful.

I run into them a lot at the local shows. They are pretty annoying in my eyes. I mean just because someone becomes famous doesnt mean there music sucks, just means they are getting paid a lot more for it. Personally I am an open-minded music listener, I want to experience it all and so far I've liked everything I've heard. Rap, reggae, all forms of metal (death, black, nu, thrash, etc.), classic rock, classical (like pianos, orchestras and such), jazz, all forms of techno like house and trance and all those. I even like country which most younger people dont, atleast around here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Plug 4
チャールズ

Member 5044

Level 5.75

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:39 PM #33 of 48
im a Open-Minded cracka!!

another type of music fan:
The close minded: they only love one style of music...

How ya doing, buddy?

男:チャールズマーティノ; プローグー4
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 01:33 PM #34 of 48
Originally Posted by Living Legend
No, what I meant in that particular paragraph- Mostly metalheads who I run into are stuck in the 80's with their music and don't accept ANYTHING other than 80's metal because that was the only "true" style of metal, and it just branched off into a bunch of ridiculous nonsense.

The other day, I got yelled at by a slayer fan because I am a fan of metal, and I don't like slayer's music. I listened to it many times, but it's just not for me. He then asked what I listened to which is Syphony X, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and many other bands and artists. He then called me a "Fucking metal pussy faggot". Which I found it funny as hell that anyone would be dumb enough to say something that ridiculous. He then said I wasn't a true fan of metal.

People like that are great to listen to, but annoying at the same time.
Haha, would this be Big Jake? The guy with the Slayer hat and the Misfits tattoo on his ankle? He can be such a douche sometimes. He walked by me once when I was wearing a Metallica shirt (which is all the time) and said "Metallica was cool once, but you should listen to Slayer."

Got news for ya pal, Slayer was cool once too. Now they're not.

Anyways, I guess I could have been classified as "obsessive" a few years back. I used to listen to NOTHING but old Metallica, and thought everyting else including Metallica's newer stuff was shit. Now since I've been hanging out with my friend Dan alot, who is very musically open minded, I've been introduced to alot of new bands and styles such as: The Black Crowes, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Gary Moore (AWESOME guitarist), and the list goes on and on. Obviously I had HEARD of these bands and artists before and some of their music, but in the past I had either been quick to dismiss them or not really sat down and listened to their music. Now I'm just glad I have a much better understanding and appreciation for them.

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:11 PM #35 of 48
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
Because we all know that anyone who likes all of Slayer's albums is clearly below us, and can't listen to anything that might be different.
Yeah. We also all know that knkwzrd has no sense of humour whatsoever, and that it's perfectly fine to make fun of some music fan stereotypes but not others.

knkwzrd

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 08:43 PM #36 of 48
hyperbole |hīˈpərbəlē| (noun):
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Zimarooski
Carob Nut

Member 3977

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 11:25 PM #37 of 48
I am most definitely open minded, but there's a catch. My mind has a tendency off shutting itself off from the outside world whenever there's something it just doesn't like...so I guess I really don't know what you'd call that. I'm actually kind of on a musical binge right now, as I have been for the last month or so. I think it's all in preparation for the 60GB iPod I plan on getting next week, God willing. I already have 31GB's, baby! But yeah, I've run out of good music or something, so I've been getting all kinds of new, crazy stuff I never would've dreamt of grabbing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 12:44 AM #38 of 48
I can't say I'm open-minded, but I would say I'm a bit versatile I can switch from classic to metal then listen to video games music. But I'll never put Rap or R&B on by myself. But if it's playing on the radio I won't bother to change station though.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:19 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 12:19 AM #39 of 48
I'm closest to "Open Minded"..... but I really don't claim to be open minded.

Bottom line is, I like what I like and I'm not about to say I like something I don't like. Rap sucks, heavy metal (aka sound effects) isn't even music half the time and I'm not about to lie and say, "Oh I like all types of music" because I don't. Coincidentally, I run into these mother fuckers all the time.

I also run into some of the "Your Band SUCKS!" people. One of my friends in particular immediately came to mind when I read the description - once you tell her you don't like one of her bands, she wants you to have the 8-CD box set to prove how "wrong" you are.

FELIPE NO
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:11 PM #40 of 48
Hyperboles don't mix well with sarcasm.

Most amazing jew boots
Plug 4
チャールズ

Member 5044

Level 5.75

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:32 AM #41 of 48
let say we can never be 100% open minded....... we just get more and more open minded over the years we discover stuff. I remember when I was younger I was a big hip-hop head and then discovered many important rock bands of the 60's and then I fell into electronica, etc...without neglecting all my previous tastes in music. The important here is that you have open ears for anything...you are willing to accept any genre.

**...though...i still cant stand country music :P **

Jam it back in, in the dark.

男:チャールズマーティノ; プローグー4
Omega Weapon
Junya Nakano, et al.

Member 6747

Level 5.97

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:07 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 09:07 AM #42 of 48
The metalheads I dealt with were all in the "Your Band SUCKS" category. Too bad they never heard of Hyakytaro Tsukumo, Daisuke Ishiwatari, or Daiki Kasho because they show what happens when you don't limit yourself to a single band and genre like most of the idiot Metallica fans were. Too bad most mainstream rock is one beat and might as well be considered instrumental rap in the first place. They don't need vocals to ruin their music, their time signatures and timbre ruins it for them. They all sound too much like survival horror anyway in sound quality most of the time so technically they're not music anyway, just like rap isn't but hip-hop is because it's time signature is usually 2/x-snap, while everyone else is just 1/1 and incredibly annoying and amateurish. Most mainstream songs I've heard have been lucky to reach 20% in musical quality, while my VGM is always >= 100% in sound quality.

Notable exceptions:

DMX
Eve6
Mariah Carrey (after her last single she's good enough for VGM of Xenosaga quality.)
Tool
Static-X
Bikini Kill
Hoku

kapsi
Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

Member 2495

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:56 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 03:56 PM #43 of 48
I'm #3 and #5 and kinda #1

werepandamike
Chocohobo

Member 4106

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 10:21 PM #44 of 48
I usually only ever come across the underground fanatics and the "I luv u" kind.
I always feel like the fanatic when I say "I only like the older stuff" (such as Jimmy Eat World), but it's a valid statement if the music style has actually changed over time.
I think that "underground fanatic" should be considered a sub-species of hipster.

Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 08:55 PM #45 of 48
I don't know what I am basically. I could say I am either open minded or the your band sucks type of person. I can and will listen to other types of music but it really depends on the mood I am in. Ask Kairyu, I have listened to some tunes for the first time and said it sucked, then a few months later he plays it in my car, and I will say, this song is great what is it? So yeah its strange and I know it gets on his nerves.

I mostly listen to all forms of rock, and I listen to a lot of video game music too, but I am a fan of trance, dance, 80's pop, and others. Can't say I am a big fan of hip hop or today's pop music.

But I do get kinda agitated when someone labels my music as emo and all that shit. And then when I hear something from their collection that sounds sad to me, they pass it off as relaxing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 11:27 PM #46 of 48
Your band SUCKS!-These fans HATE everything that they don't listen to. If they find out you don't like a band they like, they will try to argue with you saying how great they are until you either agree or just tell them to shut the fuck up.

if i could hit everyone who says that to me, i wouldn't say no! those peopel annoy me like their style of music is the rightful thing and everything else is wrong!

Androidmessiah
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8341

Level 1.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 05:12 PM #47 of 48
From my personal experience 99% of every genre sucks. I seek out the standouts of a particular genre and then I move on. I'm open minded in a sense that my musical tastes are not limited by style, epoch, or geography (most of which can't readily be defined as being any specific genre at all). I guess its also important to mention that I'm as far away from the mainstream as can be humanly possible whilst still inhabiting earth. This isn't so much born out a total and irrational contepmt for all that is popular as it is with what music stirs my soul and leaves an indelible mark on my being.

I search out music that stretches boundaries, creates it's own unique space, and keeps me guessing - not that the mainstream is incapable of producing music that I may at least find interesting, just that it's considerably less likey for me to find it there. So I guess I wear the title "Mr. Non-Commercial Guy" - a threadbare adornment that garners respect from and evokes the ire of my contemperaries. All in all, listen to what moves you and all will be right with the world.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Androidmessiah; Jun 12, 2006 at 05:43 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Music Fans- You are the annoyance