Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So I'm a bad guy.

Fernando Pando
Retard

Member 27882

Level 5.19

Jan 2008

Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:33 AM #26 of 28
putting up an emotional wall is the soundest decision you could make in this melancholy craphole of a world.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Fernando Pando; May 20, 2008 at 02:04 AM.
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:09 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2008, 12:09 AM #27 of 28
For one I think you should think about building relationships again or at least try to build networks. It looks like you are needlessly a prick to everyone, even those who don't deserve it or to those who can eventually help you in the short or long run. If someone has treated you unfairly in the past, then I don't blame you for being a dick to them. But to strangers or children or friends who are nice, that's just unnecessary.

You know, saying sweeping statements like "I hate nerds" or a group of people is also something you need to think about. You might find some cool people who happen to be in a particular group or have a particular interest. Once you find one, it's easy to find more through networking. You say you're in a university, that's probably the easiest place to find people. You don't need a fricking "how to" book if you're already surrounded by people your age and with similar interests. Once you get into the workplace it'd be harder with all those middle aged people. If you want to find friends, stop being a prick. Who wants to hang around a prick? Do you?

I would recommend joining some clubs or IM sports. Being a prick isn't "cool" like all the "cool" kids do in high school. Real life requires people skills, in work and in relationships. I don't believe anyone can possibly be full of hatred when they're a teenager unless they have been through some life changing experience like incestuous rape or something. Really, the most depressed and pessimistic people I've met are all baby boomer age. And they really do have reason to be. People under 25 or 30, I really don't see how their life stories can be nearly as bad as some I've heard from old people. You still have a lot of time unlike them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:20 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2008, 10:20 PM #28 of 28
You say you're in a university, that's probably the easiest place to find people. You don't need a fricking "how to" book if you're already surrounded by people your age and with similar interests. Once you get into the workplace it'd be harder with all those middle aged people. If you want to find friends, stop being a prick. Who wants to hang around a prick? Do you?
I go to a community college and I'm having trouble transferring to a university. Just to point that out; almost all of my classes are middle aged. And, if you know the difference between a university and a community college, you understand that community college classes are almost always needlessly quiet. And, people try to spend as little time there as possible. In other words, it's not that easy to find people there.

And although I'm not completely a prick to strangers, it's just more unfriendly. There's levels in being a prick, of course. It's not that I'm amazingly rude to everyone I meet, it's more that I have amazing prejudice against entire groups of people (i.e. nerds as you pointed out) and therefore have a tendency to be distant if not cruel.
Quote:
Really, the most depressed and pessimistic people I've met are all baby boomer age. And they really do have reason to be. People under 25 or 30, I really don't see how their life stories can be nearly as bad as some I've heard from old people. You still have a lot of time unlike them.
I agree, and wonder what the hell is the problem with me for being so damn bitchy at this age.

---
Argh! Although my feelings of alienation have increased, actually, since this post, I'm learning how to better mask the feeling externally, which is good.... I think. I don't know if that's good, actually, if only because we are a society who is obsessed with sharing our feelings, and I'm vaguely certain that masking feelings is bad, generally.

Are there places to meet people that is not school.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > So I'm a bad guy.