Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So nothing's really happening in Missouri.

Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:37 AM #1 of 49
Maybe if you went to the actual source and actually read Missouri House Concurrent resolution 13

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills03/bill...o/HCR0013I.PDF

and not get your information from unrelibale left wing blogs, you'd present a more accurate subject for debate.

Edit:...I see that I'm a little late on the post, and I only had the first session draft of the resolution:doh:

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Wesker; Mar 4, 2006 at 02:41 AM.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:47 AM #2 of 49
I had no problem with the first draft that I found, but you're right, its intersting to see how it changed. I wonder why they weren't happy with it in its original form.

On a side note, I'm what could be considered a conservative Christian, but I'm 100% against prayer in public schools. You would, by law, have to allow all kinds of prayer..from Christian to Satanic, if you were to allow any. I'm thinking this may have been what prompted the change in the wording. Someone in the Missouri legislature realized that their kids just might be led in an Islamic prayer because of the law they passed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:57 AM #3 of 49
It doesn't matter how many...if you allow prayer in public, i.e. government schools, you have to allow ALL prayers. If there is one teacher who is a Voodoo priestess, and she wants to lead a Voodoo prayer, the law..in its first draft..would have allowed that, so they changed it to be more "Christian" centered.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:55 PM #4 of 49
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
I don't know of a single Roman Catholic who would say that protestants do not worship the same God that they do.
But there are many fundamentalists who might say the Catholics have a different God..many folks might object to praying to Mary or one of the various saints. Bills like this, while they may be full of good intentions are really poorly thought out full of potential problems. Why not just have a moment of silence in the class. Kids who want to pray can pray, kids who want to think about theri next class or new video game can do that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:46 AM #5 of 49
Originally Posted by Sing
It's a news source for Missouri, not a blog, you retard.
Maybe next time you could credit your quote and not put some pithy little saying like "first amendment what" that nobody bothers to look at. I happened to find the same article in several left wing blogs.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:01 AM #6 of 49
It wasn't much of a link...what the hell does "firstamendment what?" mean..sound more like your opinion than a link. Plus I've noticed that you're the one calling people "retard" and "dork" so stop whining about being attacked.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:47 AM #7 of 49
Originally Posted by Wesker
and not get your information from unrelibale left wing blogs, you'd present a more accurate subject for debate.
So this is what you consider an attack, yet you using terms like moron, dork and retard..thats ok..how old are you anyway????

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > So nothing's really happening in Missouri.