Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Luseum - 2d platformer, please play it!

Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:08 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 12:08 PM #1 of 8
Luseum - 2d platformer, please play it!

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a BA Computer Games Design course at Teesside university (in England), and my final year project is to create a game with lots of FMV sequences. For this project I am getting marked mainly on the animation sequences and not the actual game itself.

Software used:
Game construction: Multimedia Fusion (It's a program that allows you to make 2d games of any kind without any programming knowledge!)
(nearly) All graphics: 3DS Max
Music and sound effects: FL Studio (I know nothing about music theory or anything so my music isn't exactly great, but at least I tried!)
I even did a really bad voice over for the main character which may or may not make you cringe.

Ok heres a link to download the game:

Link removed.

Its 157 mb, which is a lot I know. You can get a really good speed off this site though! Here's some screenshots which MIGHT help persuade you do download it...

In game

Fmv sequences

EDIT: There is about 10 minutes worth of gameplay, and bout 9 minutes of fmv sequences. At the start of the game I've provided the option for invincibility, just incase you suck at 2d platformers!

You MUST have a joypad or joystick installed to play this game! Sorry I didn't have time to set it up to work with a keyboard.

It's a 2d platform game. Heres a few instructions on how to play it:
Pressing left and right make the character move left and right
Press button 1 on your joypad/joystick to make the character attack with his tail (you can do this in the air aswell)
button 2 makes the character do a 'power drive'; which is bascially the same as Sonic's spindash attack, if everyone knows what I'm talking about.
button 3 makes the character jump. Press the button whilst jumping to do a double jump.

EDIT: Known bugs - If you 'power drive' something that is close against a wall, you can sometimes bounce through the wall and out of the play area. If this happens its game over I'm afraid! I've tried to help this problem on some parts by making it so you appear in the middle of the level if you fall out of the play area.
Let me know if you find any major problems in the game! Thanks.

If you decide to play the game, please please give me some feedback on what you think! Any criticisms or comments are welcome! I need some feedback from people to put in my write up (which is due in next monday by the way)!

Thanks everyone.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"HiiiisssssssssSSSSS" - Madagascan Hissing Cockroach

Last edited by Rydia; Mar 29, 2006 at 06:28 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:27 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 03:27 PM #2 of 8
Sorry, we don't allow advertising threads here. Please keep this in your sig.

Most amazing jew boots
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:49 AM #3 of 8
Um, I'm going to go ahead and re-open it. There's a difference between advertising and showing a work you created in a forum that's designated for precisely that. It's not like he registered just to promote a game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:03 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 05:03 PM #4 of 8
Well, the links was removed, so I couldn't download the game, but I'll have to say, for only 10 mintues of game play, 157 mb is a lot.

I am not sure what method you are incorperating the graphic, but I think it needs a lot of optimization before this is something viable, especially considering that some computer are not as good as handling large amount of resources at one time.

The screenshot makes it looks like it is very polished indeed, especially that you are doing this independently.

I am wondering at the moment just how much of those is the video sequence, and how much of those is actually game itself with the graphic and audios.

If you want to cut down on the downloading, it might be wise to seperate the video sequence and the game into seperate downloads, and use audio/graphic format that are compressed in some way.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Megalith Beast
. For this project I am getting marked mainly on the animation sequences and not the actual game itself.
Just noticed that, you might as well just get the animation into a seperate downloads, hack, you could have just make a video of the entire animation sequence, and then splice togather with some game play video and make it a trailer type download. It might be good if you use some video compression though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
♪♡
Thanks Seris!

Last edited by Magi; Mar 29, 2006 at 07:10 PM.
Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:26 AM #5 of 8
Oh...wow! The topic got re-opened! Does this mean I can repost the download link again? I guess it does...

http://www.filewire.com/download.php...c65309cb09366c

Magi: Yes I was thinking of making a video of the whole thing, but I can't seem to find any good software for recording me playing the game! Hmm yeah I was afraid that people might not want to download it because of the size. I have compressed everything as much as is possible.
Just think of it as a short, interactive movie!
Oh and I have labelled above the screenshots which ones are ingame, and which ones are in the fmv sequences.

I was speaking idiomatically.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:22 PM #6 of 8
I really want to try the game, but the download keeps cutting off after about 10-15 megs or so.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:51 PM #7 of 8
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
I really want to try the game, but the download keeps cutting off after about 10-15 megs or so.
I get something like that too.

How now good sir - what kind of game is this with invalid data?

FELIPE NO
Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:01 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 11:01 AM #8 of 8
Oh dear, I don't believe this! It was working fine earlier I can't imagine what's gone wrong! Okay people I'm going to upload my game onto a couple of other sites, I'll post a link here when they're done. Sorry about the problems!

EDIT: Alright everyone, here's a new link:

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=7318f...a38099a8e38960

I'm pretty sure it should be fine if you download it off this one!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Megalith Beast; Mar 31, 2006 at 12:27 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Luseum - 2d platformer, please play it!