Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Chi's Sweet Home (NEKO KORONDERU!)

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:22 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 02:22 AM #1 of 6
Chi's Sweet Home (NEKO KORONDERU!)

This has to be by far the cutest thing ever made in the history of mankind.

Seriously, this is off the charts of cuteness.

Chi's Sweet Home is basically about a little street kitten that gets separated from his mom, and finds a new home when a boy called Youhei finds him exhausted in a field, and his family takes him in. Each episode lasts for about 3 minutes and is a small snippet of Chi's life with the unnamed family. Aside from being extremely adorable just on principle, the writing so far has been really solid--the anthropomorphisms work like a charm of course, but more importantly the behaviour of the little kitten seems completely believable.

The art is simplistic but unbelievably cute, but what really makes this show for me is the awesome voice acting for Chi. The voice actress (Satomi Koorogi) has done an enormous amount of cutesy critters and so on (including Togepi from Pokemon), so she's a veteran--and it definitely shows.

The show is based on a manga by the same name, but I don't know anything about that.

Anyway, these are the characters that have appeared so far:

Chi - Our eponymous kitten, I'm not sure what kind of kitten that's supposed to be but it sure is a cute one.

Youhei - The only other character with a name in the show, this boy finds Chi for the first time after he's separated from his mom.

Mom - By the looks of her outfit, mom is a housewife. She brought Chi home with Youhei. She seems a bit more attached to the kitten than dad.

Dad - Dad seems like a pretty normal guy, probably works in IT or something. The family lives in an apartment where dogs and cats aren't allowed.

Since each episode is so small, they're all available on Youtube completely. But of course for the best quality you'll need to grab a torrent. Yoroshiku is releasing the quickest (and also in the best quality, with softsubbed MKVs).

Here's torrents of the episodes released so far, as subbed by Yoroshiku (in MKV format):
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4

... Oh yeah, Chi's gender hasn't been established.

It's cute!

EDIT--Oh yeah, forgot to mention the music--the OP is awesome to start with, but the music in the show is really funny. It sounds like some of the stuff Azumanga Daioh had for Osaka's bits, but about a million times lazier. Awesome stuff.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by surasshu; Apr 3, 2008 at 07:27 PM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 04:28 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 05:28 PM #2 of 6
Sounds good! Should probably go check out it later. I've seen keychains and stickers of this character all over the place but never knew anything about it....

Still finishing up Spice & Wolf at the moment...

EDIT: ...Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... man, this is funny!!

Saw up to the 4th episode and just couldn't stop laughing. The little kitten is so darn cute and the situations are funny as hell. They may be kinda cliche when it comes to certain kitty actions, but they pull it off so well. If only each episode wasn't so short...

This is a must see show!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)

Last edited by hikarub; Apr 5, 2008 at 04:29 AM. Reason: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 5, 2008, 08:14 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 03:14 PM #3 of 6
This show is just tooooooo cute, and the OP is absolutely adorable! Now I know what I should be watching on a bad day.

Most amazing jew boots
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:31 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 10:31 AM #4 of 6
Uchikaiyo! (Or however it's spelled...)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:40 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 05:40 PM #5 of 6
Quote:
Uchikaiyo!
Uchi kaeru!

Just like I said in the Spring 2008 thread: "As long as everybody watches and follows Chi's Sweet Home" world won't disappear!

Too bad that even this can't make me happy on bad days

Dewa,
Gokigenyou -

I was speaking idiomatically.

And to every Nana its prey...
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2008, 01:39 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2008, 12:39 AM #6 of 6
Haha, thanks. Man, I butchered that really bad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Chi's Sweet Home (NEKO KORONDERU!)