Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Black. White.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:28 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:28 PM #1 of 15
Black. White.

Official Site

So this show premieres in a week, and I was wondering if anyone else is gonna watch it. FX has been advertising this like crazy, so if you watch the channel even slightly you've probably seen a preview for it, but if you haven't it's about these two families (one black, one white) who switch their skin colors and experience livivng life as another race, while living together as well. Use the link at the top to find out more about the show.

This show seems pretty interesting, but I'm gonna wait until it finally comes on to get an opinion on it. The concept definitely good, but I want to see how it is executed first.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:42 PM #2 of 15
Wow. When I heard the premise, I didn't think they'd actually turn out semi-believable in their make-up. However, it looks really interesting! Since it's less of a drastic change than "White Chicks," some of them look like they can pull off the look.

Then again, the voice will be a dead give-away for the white people, I think.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:47 PM #3 of 15
Yeah, they all look pretty believable, but in particular it looks like the daughter from the white family and the dad from the black family pulled it off the best (based off the website, anyway). But yeah, looks are just half of it. I doubt the majority of them from both families will actually be able to act accordingly.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:54 PM #4 of 15
I don't think they look believable at all. To be truthful, they all seem to look like their race, only with differently colored skin. It's actually sort of awkward to look at.

Perhaps if one did not know that they used to be black or white, it would be believable. As an audience member, and having seen the transformation, I believe it looks very obvious.

I do like the show's premise, however.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Claliel
The Wetworks

Member 912

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:29 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:29 AM #5 of 15
It looks amazing to me. FX can pull of either some really amazing stuff, or absolute crap (like most Fox shows). So is this going to be a full season or only like 3-6 episodes long?

Most amazing jew boots
Don't you despise pointless signatures?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:09 PM #6 of 15
I believe it's only going to be six episodes, but the way I look at it is that I'd rather have a few episodes of great television rather than lots of episodes of crappy television. That's why even though most shows on FX (like The Shield and Rescue Me) only have like 13-episode seasons, I would still rather watch that than a 22-episode season of most of the other crap the other networks put out (especially NBC).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:06 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 03:06 PM #7 of 15
I'm definitely going to check this out. I think some of them turned out more convincing than others...Nick turned out looking somewhat asian, but the white daughter, Rose, really looks the part!

FELIPE NO
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:17 PM #8 of 15
Looks awesome.
I think that definitely people will be thrown for a curveball when they talk to these families... but then again, that appears to be the very premise of the show. People judging others and making assumptions by the skin color.
I will actually try and watch this thing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:50 PM #9 of 15
I think the originally white family looks more convincing as a black family than the originally black family looking white. The only exception is that the black son can pass off as white (to me). Definitely the mother and daughter of the white family can pass off as black.

I saw an article of this on Yahoo!. Seems interesting. Probably not going to be as laugh out loud funny as White Chicks (I actually liked that movie).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:05 PM #10 of 15
Originally Posted by Dee
The only exception is that the black son can pass off as white (to me).
Really? He looks the worst out of all of them to me. I think it's his lips. They're just too obviously black people's lips, and he can't wear lipstick or anything to hide them.

And as for the White Chicks thing, the show is not meant to be a comedy, so I doubt it'll be laugh out loud funny at all (except when the white people make some stupid racial assumption).

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:35 PM #11 of 15
So did anyone else watch the show last night? I thought it was alright, but it wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Beyond the initial concept, I didn't feel the show had much going for it. This would have been much better as a single episode of that show 30 Days that came on FX last year rather than a whole series.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:40 PM #12 of 15
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
... so I doubt it'll be laugh out loud funny at all (except when the white people make some stupid racial assumption).
I'm sure the black people will do likewise.

I was watching television and I saw that they were offering this on PPV for the special chance to see it 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE! Yeah, who's gonna pay just to see this ahead of time? Seriously, any takers here?

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:10 PM #13 of 15
cant really help but to laugh everytime they show the commercial after the shield.. but this is ridiculous.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:42 AM #14 of 15
Okay, so my sister watched this show and described to me some of the things that went on within it. From what I can tell, this is the most racist piece of "entertainment" to ever grace television, not including some historical pieces. The white guy starts saying "nigger" just because he knows he won't get beat up. The black guy takes up golfing. Pick a stereoype. Pick something derogatory about the other race. I'm sure this thing has it covered.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 11:09 PM #15 of 15
It's not racist. ICE CUBE PRODUCED IT.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Black. White.