Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kerry and his "botched joke"

Secret Squirrel
River Chocobo

Member 89

Level 24.44

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 09:17 AM #1 of 71
There's a core truth to what he said.

If you work hard and keep your grades up, you have more opportunities at age 18 than if you didn't (particularly for someone from a poor family who snags some academic scholarships.) Otherwise, a 4-year stint in the military is a decent and attractive way for someone who's reasonably intelligent, but just missed getting a scholarship. Of course, it has it's risks, and you do earn that college tuition through the GI bill.

Two of my brothers were in the service (1 in the navy, 1 in the army), and they did it to serve their country, gain some skills, and potentially build on their training by going to school after they were done.

Back to Kerry, you do have to be careful what you say, even if it has a grain of truth. He should know better, especially since his party is so quick to pounce on anyone who utters the tiniest of slights against a group. I don't agree that we have to be so sensitive, and Kerry's statement doesn't bother me, but these are the times we live in, so the rules are the rules.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slightly Dark -- updated weekly with rare out-of-print game music.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Kerry and his "botched joke"