Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kerry and his "botched joke"

Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:38 AM #1 of 71
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
It's being blown out of proportion for a reason, because it is election season, which means that Kerry shouldn't even be sniffing jokes like this. The Democrats are doing good right now, and he gives ammo to the Republicans.
This man speaks the truth. Suddenly people will forget about whether they should re-elect people who were indicted because John Kerry told a lousy poor-tasted joke. Republicans are going to look for anything they can right now to make the other party look bad.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 09:06 PM #2 of 71
Originally Posted by Aramaethe
Kalekkan, you honestly think that the Republicans are bigger weasels than the Democrats? I admit they are both a bit weaselish, but the Democratic party puts spin on EVERYTHING. They have the biggest, stupidest mouths in the government and they don't know when to close them. For God's sake they are using Michael J. Fox as one of their poster boys just because he shakes alot!
You can't be serious... weaselish? No, I'm talking about indictments and breaking the law. I mean, come on... Tom Delay, former House Majority Leader had to step down because of taking bribes and money laundering. And what example do you bring to argue with? Michael J Fox?

Take a look at this article.

Quote:
Indictments, investigations and allegations of wrongdoing have helped put at least 15 Republican House seats in jeopardy, enough to swing control to the Democrats on Tuesday even before the larger issues of war, economic unease and President Bush are invoked.
That quote couldn't be in any simpler English. If certain Republicans could stop taking bribes and chasing around underage boys then maybe they wouldn't be endangered of losing their majority standing.

Quote:
Really? I thought polls were won by thumb wrestling and games of tic-tac-toe.
Thanks for the added useless spam... not that you'll probably even read this post or follow-up with the topic, but I'll elaborate and explain something to you anyway. Polls are not only won by slinging mud desperately at your opponents. Things like setting a positive example and not being under investigation tend to help campaigns go a bit smoother. When you've got over a dozen spots threatened, all you care about is trying to take the negative focus on that and put it somewhere else.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:50 AM #3 of 71
Originally Posted by RABicle
You know, I've never met anyone intelligent who wanted to join the armed forces. I don't think Kerry was trying to tell a joke. I think he was trying to share facts.
Military positions are often what you make of them. Some of the most elite jobs in the nation involve the military. However, military personnel who do well at their positions can find themselves being shifted all over the globe which really isn't something that settles too well with some people who want to consider it as a career. Also, private companies like Lockheed who work for the military often offer better pay rates. It's likely the people you've met didn't have very high goals set and often for those people, military is an easy choice. You can enter with fairly low education and come out with a decent skill set, high discipline, and early retirement.

Quote:
But seriously, is what I'm saying really stupid? Or do you just refuse to accept my beliefs because they are extreme? I don't see any other reason why you wouldn't. Who are you people to say that something is stupid.
People aren't refusing to accept your beliefs because they are extreme. People are refusing to accept what you say because you aren't backing up any of it with anything. You are spouting offensive nonsense and not following up with it. You think liberals are ruining the country? Give an example. So far all I've seen from you is Michael J Fox.

Quote:
But, I'm not going to write a ten page essay about why i dislike liberals just for the sake of a forum, that is why I make blanket statements because I will do nothing more than speak generally on a topic unless I feel it is absolutely necesary.
You're probably making posts in the wrong section on this forum then and should probably keep your blanket statements to yourself. You have a ChocoJournal, use it.

Quote:
OH! I forgot that you people sit and play with Gamingforce all day long. That obviously counts for something right?
Then why is it that you are here? Criticizing people for something you're currently doing isn't very intelligent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Kerry and his "botched joke"