Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Project: Atlantis

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:03 PM #1 of 7
Project: Atlantis

I'm in this project and we're making a kids computer game with a futuristic Atlantis as our theme. I need some inspiration, so if you have any images or sites about Atlantis, please post them in here.

I would like to see pictures showing what Atlantis could have looked like, its environment, deep sea creatures, buildings or any structures/objects that you think could have been in Atlantis. Based on pictures of Atlantis, I can make it look more metallic or futuristic.

Thanks to all of those that can help me out!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 01:05 PM #2 of 7
Moved to The Creator's Cafe, where I think you'll find more help. This certainly isn't a community-related thread.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Piepmatz
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2215

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:13 PM #3 of 7
Futuristic?
The bad thing is I watched Stargate Atlantis. I can.t really think of an other look then shown there because I like it. But if you could tell a bit about how the game works. And places of Atlantis you visit I could help. Surely I could give you a million urls with Altantis pics but I think something specific would be better

If you're not able to post any details I might try to find some pics anyway ^^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:02 PM #4 of 7
Um, watch the Disney movie. That's got a lot of architecture in there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:22 PM #5 of 7
You could watch Stargate: Atlantis too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:54 PM #6 of 7
My group is going to make a kids math puzzle game and we have this lost futuristic Atlantic city in deep sea.
We're going to have buildings where they can click on to play different small games. So far we have only 3 buldings.

I would like to get some ideas what the buildings can look like. It doesn't have to be like those glass spheres. It was just a test image.

One game is to turn different shapes so it looks like another shape on the other side of the screen. They use buttons such as left, right and mirror.
The shapes could be some creatures or objects from Atlantis.

Also, any suggestions on how I should draw the mirror button...? black against white with line between...?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by gaming; Mar 8, 2006 at 06:05 PM.
Piepmatz
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2215

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:15 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:15 PM #7 of 7
So we have three buildings with different games. I'd say it could look nice if you could see elements of the game thru the glas, If there will be large enough windows in the final version.

hmm
And since it is ought to be for kids, a comic style scenery wouldn't be bad I think. Maybe I get inspired by anything I'll do today and draw a sketch

... see ya

:edit:

Have a new idea
Seen the "The Abyss" movie?
The Alien town in the deep sea has a nice design you could use as a reference

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Piepmatz; Mar 10, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Project: Atlantis