Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

Cyric
EXILED

Member 10676

Level 3.52

Aug 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:35 PM #151 of 1438
Originally Posted by WooshaQ
To Light_Alchemist, Cyric and others... You guys tend to rely on other work too much, believe me it is more fun to create your personal mugen from the scratch. Go to ~~~~~~~~~~, browse character section, screenpack, lifebar and stage section. Mix all together and you have your mugen. It's really easy, I will help if in case of any problems so make some effort and make something unique!
You assume to much, for you it's more fun to create your own personal mugen from scratch just like it's fun for some people to play something like Devil May Cry where as I on the other hand don't. Excuse me if I sound a bit snippy but the reason I joined the site was to speak with people on this thread because they didn't sound elitist (not saying you are elitist) and telling everyone to do it themselves like I've seen any other place seriously discussing Mugen. Sure I'll go out and fight characters to add eventually, but I personally would like a good base to start with and tweak from there (otherwise I'm not even going to mess with it because there is plenty of other things I can do with my time since I'm a generally very busy man).

FELIPE NO
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:19 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 10:19 PM #152 of 1438
Well, there is that.

Of course, if the topic is going be about "things about MUGEN that get up your bum", I'd have to say the thousand and one "Devil"/"God" clones of Ryu and Ken that are made (Started, of course, by the Evil Ryu Clone in Street Fighter 3 Aplha Upper), stinks of unorgionality as far as i'm concerned.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 10:31 PM #153 of 1438
Ok, I see your point and from now on I'll be honest with you all. It's cool to see the growing popularity of mugen over GFF. But as a member of the mugen creative part of the comunity I would really love to see some changes around here, I know we are all pirates and I don't really mind this fact when it comes to professional comercial productions. The thing is nowadays mugen is only fan made. And what I've seen on GFF is a massive warehousing attempt which is against one of the most important mugen rules. It's not like all the laws are smart and all but I'll try to protect this one, just to give respect to the creators. I know most of you don't really give a damn. But please remember that it is all thanks to the creators we are able to enjoy this great engine. That's why I'm against warehousing, on the super mass scale, especially via BT protocal. Believe me the mugen guild comunity has many eyes looking for all kinds of unwritten law abuses. The reason I want to somehow limit the massive sharing is to keep the comunity alive... You wont believe how many great creators have left because their works were massively publish without their permission. So before you post a mugen game on BT containing all bunch of chars that not belong to you think twice....

....and if you really must, use some private trackers of rapidshare. PLEASE!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:05 PM #154 of 1438
Originally Posted by Conan-the-3rd
Well, there is that.

Of course, if the topic is going be about "things about MUGEN that get up your bum", I'd have to say the thousand and one "Devil"/"God" clones of Ryu and Ken that are made (Started, of course, by the Evil Ryu Clone in Street Fighter 3 Aplha Upper), stinks of unorgionality as far as i'm concerned.
Yeah, like I said earlier, those Evil Ryu, and Evil Ken, AND Dragon Claw character are all absolute BS gameplay wise. I'm thinking about creating a few things, but what I don't have much of is the time for it. Woosha, how long did it take for your to create those lifebars? That's the first thing i'm thinking about tackling. Also, since you are a creater, what in your opinion is the simplest aspect of MUGEN to start on?

How ya doing, buddy?
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 11:17 PM #155 of 1438
Palletes of course, it's easy to start with that. At least I did, creating Shadow and Gold (GG-like) palletes for some Capcom and SNK chars. Making this lifebar took me about 2-3 weeks, it's not really original though, it was edited from sophie-x work (as a matter of fact eve-lifebar is also based on her creation). Firstly it was low res, only after some time I edited all the sprites once again doubling the resolution of all the elements and adding some more my stuff (font for example). So either you make palletes or make some cool edit. Editing and experimenting with something allready made will help you learn the basics of coding, that will be all that you need to make screenpacks and lifebars. I'm not a char creator so I cannot say anything about it.

LOL, my ealiest works:

...so sentimental...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 5, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 12:36 PM #156 of 1438
theres so much here so I'm sorry if I am repeating a question. 1. .rar they don't work on win mugen right or is there a way to make it work(more good characters are made as .rar files)? 2. where can I find a good tutorial on making your own characters?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Lost_solitude; Aug 5, 2006 at 05:45 PM.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 11:50 PM #157 of 1438
Well, you must extract the character to make it work, the only format that mugen unofficially support is zip files. Yes! You can use zipped characters, folks! Try this link: http://shinchoujin.mpage.jp/mugen/zip_e.htm I haven't tried it though so don't ask me if not all the characters will work, but it has been tested by some fags at mugen guild so it should work correctly.

Original Mugen should come with some documentary connected with character creation, perhaps you should start with reading those. Also analyze KFM, it should have the usefull sidenotes! It's good for the start.

Bison SENT. The April updated version.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 6, 2006 at 02:34 AM.
lordmbison
Carob Nut

Member 10702

Level 4.76

Aug 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:23 PM #158 of 1438
Hi. I've been looking for N64Mario's Shin M. Bison but I can't seem to find it. It's not on his site, and I frankly can't find it anywhere. I would appreciate it if someone could send me his Shin M. Bison.

Also, I don't even know if these exist but if someone has Master Juggernaut and Master Magneto from X-Men: Children of the Atom, I would like those too. They're more powerful than the ones in X-Men vs. Streetfighter, Marvel Superheroes, etc. For example Magneto has a different voice and his hyper grav can't be blocked. Thanks.

This is my e-mail:

pokeravi@hotmail.com

Thanks again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 05:03 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:03 AM #159 of 1438
You know something? I think great attention to detail comes when someone actualy codes in animation to attacks like "midnight bliss" (Demitri, DarkStalkers).

Not to mention, it would be halerious to see The Mighty Thor reduced to a cute girl :P.

FELIPE NO
ĝЋ0ŝŧ452
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10538

Level 1.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 02:19 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:19 AM #160 of 1438
Hey Penguin, I noticed you had Baiken from Guilty Gears X. Do you mind uploading him please? Could not find him anywhere.

Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 09:55 PM #161 of 1438
Baiken is a woman.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 09:45 PM #162 of 1438
Originally Posted by Tequila
Baiken is a woman.
:O Reverse Trap you say!?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:30 AM #163 of 1438
Sorry for the stupid question Im just new at this and the somple zipped folders are...well easy. when you find a cool character but it's just a rar the comp cant do anything with it as is thats why I was asking thanks^_^ that ella character looks friggin awesome man!

How ya doing, buddy?
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:14 PM #164 of 1438
Originally Posted by Lost_solitude
Sorry for the stupid question Im just new at this and the somple zipped folders are...well easy. when you find a cool character but it's just a rar the comp cant do anything with it as is thats why I was asking thanks^_^ that ella character looks friggin awesome man!
Have you ever read what I posted ealier. Stupit question.... Of course not. Geez, do it, NOW! It's all written there...

If you still don't have a clue, check spoiler below...
Spoiler:
RAR fromat is NOT supported for god sake. Extract what is inside using programs like winrar, than either just place the contents in the right folder or pack it again, only this time zip it instead or raring it.

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 6, 2006 at 05:27 PM.
porco_rosso
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10736

Level 1.00

Aug 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 06:48 PM #165 of 1438
yeah ive been looking for some saint seiya characters to download but i cant find any can anyone help/

How ya doing, buddy?
ĝЋ0ŝŧ452

Member 10538

Level 1.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 03:18 PM #166 of 1438
Originally Posted by Tequila
Baiken is a woman.
Whoops, sorry my bad. I obviously don't know the Guilty Gear characters that well.:doh:

Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 03:05 AM #167 of 1438
Originally Posted by Conan-the-3rd
:O Reverse Trap you say!?
Exactly!
But on the other hand, I wonder why only a few people notice her enormous... Balloons. I mean, really. She could even put Tifa to shame.

Needless to say, she's way cooler, though.

FELIPE NO
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:15 AM #168 of 1438
Havent been messing with Mugen lately but im thinking about messing with my lifebar and energy bar along with select screen like Woosha suggested.

Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 01:13 AM #169 of 1438
i've been all over looking for a decent omega rugal and wondered if any of you might have him. thanks.

Most amazing jew boots
Cyric
EXILED

Member 10676

Level 3.52

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:24 AM #170 of 1438
Originally Posted by WooshaQ
Ok, I see your point and from now on I'll be honest with you all. It's cool to see the growing popularity of mugen over GFF. But as a member of the mugen creative part of the comunity I would really love to see some changes around here, I know we are all pirates and I don't really mind this fact when it comes to professional comercial productions. The thing is nowadays mugen is only fan made. And what I've seen on GFF is a massive warehousing attempt which is against one of the most important mugen rules. It's not like all the laws are smart and all but I'll try to protect this one, just to give respect to the creators. I know most of you don't really give a damn. But please remember that it is all thanks to the creators we are able to enjoy this great engine. That's why I'm against warehousing, on the super mass scale, especially via BT protocal. Believe me the mugen guild comunity has many eyes looking for all kinds of unwritten law abuses. The reason I want to somehow limit the massive sharing is to keep the comunity alive... You wont believe how many great creators have left because their works were massively publish without their permission. So before you post a mugen game on BT containing all bunch of chars that not belong to you think twice....

....and if you really must, use some private trackers of rapidshare. PLEASE!
That's more reasonable, if I do happen to find a build of Mugen with a ton of characters then I wont just openly distribute it.

As it is I'm only really looking to play Mugen for the silly brokeness and massive rosters it can provide. If I'm really looking to play some fighting games I'll start my Xbox up and play games on Live or with my friends, especially considering I have two of the Street Fighter Anniversay Arcade Sticks. Hell the only thing that sucks is Street Fighter Alpha Anthology is not on Xbox (and MvC2 has no online play).

How ya doing, buddy?
mewanaplay

Member 10768

Level 1.00

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 07:44 AM #171 of 1438
GUys im desperate since i saw the soujiro vs. dragonclaw mugen clip.. i wana play this game pls teach me how.. i jus want to play a marvel vs. capcom like of game with all lotsa characters from every known anime/game!

okay here.. i have eve.rar and winmugen...

now how do i put the uncompressed eve.rar to winmugen..

or if u have a ready to play version i would LOVE if u send it to me puhlease.. ive waited my life to find somehting like this and its like a dream cmon guys!!!!
my email is junko_zane@yahoo.com thnx!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double Post:
bigworm, ken or soldier. plssssssssssss let me have a copy of your version plssssssssssssssssssssss........

a mugen eve plsssssssssssssssssssss....

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by mewanaplay; Aug 7, 2006 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Cyric
EXILED

Member 10676

Level 3.52

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:30 AM #172 of 1438
Originally Posted by mewanaplay
GUys im desperate since i saw the soujiro vs. dragonclaw mugen clip.. i wana play this game pls teach me how.. i jus want to play a marvel vs. capcom like of game with all lotsa characters from every known anime/game!

okay here.. i have eve.rar and winmugen...

now how do i put the uncompressed eve.rar to winmugen..

or if u have a ready to play version i would LOVE if u send it to me puhlease.. ive waited my life to find somehting like this and its like a dream cmon guys!!!!
my email is junko_zane@yahoo.com thnx!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the start of a series of Mugen tutorial's on YouTube (just add the http and such):

.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-GLgNnrFI

There is also a 2 part vid on adding characters to Everthing vs. Everything.

K4thos

Member 10772

Level 1.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:10 AM #173 of 1438
Hi guys I'm new here
May I ask you a favour? I request on few forums that I search for Warsukai3 Cvs2 style chars. They are no longer avaible in download... Can someone muegaupload/rapid these chars for me? I tryied to download complete game with warasuki3 chars post in first page but there are no seeders (1-3 kb/s) I know that this will be a kind of warehousing so you can send me links on pm.

My request list:
Athena (CvS2) by Warusaki3
Cammy (CvS2) by Warusaki3
Chun-Li (CvS2) by Warusaki3
Gouki/Akuma (CvS2) by Warusaki3
Hibiki (CvS2) by Warusaki3
Yamazaki (CvS2) by Warusaki3
Yun (CvS2) by Warusaki3

I know that i ask for a lot...
Thanks!
btw. srry for my bad english :P

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:19 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 10:19 AM #174 of 1438
your best bet to find those characters is here randomselect.i-xcell if not just google them and you can probly find them

K4thos

Member 10772

Level 1.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:33 AM #175 of 1438
nope there is no way to find them on randomselect and other legal sites. There are only links for Warusaki3 website but his site is closed

[ot]WooshaQ pomożesz rodakowi? [/ot]

FELIPE NO

Last edited by K4thos; Aug 7, 2006 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread