Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: So what length do you like?
I think under 10 is good 0 0%
13 is just right 2 2.78%
something like 26 is just enough 15 20.83%
somewhere between 26 and 52 is the sweet spot 14 19.44%
52 gets it all told right 8 11.11%
100 or so will make sure I can see all the story arcs needed 2 2.78%
I think a DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan length is the only way you should do an anime 2 2.78%
I think all these lengths are fine just as long as they're needed 25 34.72%
Anime is dumb. Read manga because you can read it faster than those rat-speakers can talk 1 1.39%
No u! Manga is dumb cause you don't get any of that impressive audio! 0 0%
Nuh uh, I just put on my headphones and I can listen to whatever I want! 0 0%
Holy crap! Both of you shut up! 1 1.39%
NO U! >=U 2 2.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

26 Episodes or 52? 100 or even more? - Ideal length for Animes.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:38 PM #51 of 55
Depends on the anime...I pretty much dropped off Inuyasha about 60 episodes in because of the pacing and I stayed with Dragonball Z until the end of Cell Games (I taped the Buu Saga, but haven't come remotely close to rewatching any of it). They just go on too long sometimes and in some cases, the filler episodes border on irresponsible. Others though, like Tenchi Universe and Outlaw Star could have benefitted from longer runs (52 Episodes).

If it's more of an episodic show (as opposed to one where you have to have seen the previous episode to know what's going on) and I like the characters and scenarios, they can keep milking it. Galaxy Angel and Ranma both reach well over 100 episodes each, through various seasons and they feel short to me because they're so enjoyable. Same for Conan, though I haven't seen anything past the Adult Swim run. Tenchi Universe was wasted potential in this sense...They could have made a fairly enjoyable sit-com with the cast and milked it for a good while, before going to the outer space adventures.

Most amazing jew boots
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
EndlessSky
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7216

Level 2.12

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:11 PM #52 of 55
Yea, it really depends on the show for me, but I guess I would have to say I like the 13-26-52 length ones that have atleast some plot and story development in most episodes. I don't really like the ones that have around 100+ episodes where each episode is just an entire action scene or hardly anything ever happens.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 12:25 PM #53 of 55
13 is good enough for me. It's harder to do but I think it's worth it if you can pull it off. Since I don't read much manga anyway it doesn't really matter if they didn't put in an "essential" character because I wouldn't even be aware of it for it to ruin the show for me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 11:48 AM #54 of 55
Originally Posted by Kazyl
13 is good enough for me. It's harder to do but I think it's worth it if you can pull it off. Since I don't read much manga anyway it doesn't really matter if they didn't put in an "essential" character because I wouldn't even be aware of it for it to ruin the show for me.
I only tend to be concerned with 13 episode series if the story seems rushed or the plot is too different from its manga counterpart. I may go back to the read the manga only after watching the anime.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
pyrus421
the sky remains the same as ever

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:52 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 03:52 PM #55 of 55
100+ as long as theres some new conflict and or resolution going on between the characters or storyline, its fine with me.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 26 Episodes or 52? 100 or even more? - Ideal length for Animes.